Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have you told your kids?

+6
Seashell72
CAB321
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
louise28
Lias6246
10 posters

Go down

What have you told your kids? Empty What have you told your kids?

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 3:10 pm

Hiya

Sorry about all the posts I'm now getting closer and worrying about the small things!

I have a 3 and a half year old boy who noticed after I stopped feeding my baby the difference in my boobs! He said 'why are your boobies little now mummy' I didn't know what to say I just said because they are and he said we will have to buy you some new ones- this was before I had even thought about a ba. yesterday I had my gel bra on and he said why have you got big boobies now mummy and I just said because I have and he seemed to accept that.

He hasn't heard me talking about it as I've been very careful. I can fob him off long term with just because they are but just after surgery what did people say? He will want to know what's wrong with me, I was planning to say I had hurt my shoulder or something?

Thanks guys xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

What have you told your kids? Empty Re: What have you told your kids?

Post by louise28 21st October 2013, 3:16 pm

Hi Lias, I've got this one all planned out, well hopefully,lol. I have a 7 yr old boy who's now embarrassed to see me naked so i'll manage to avoid him, I also have a 4 yr old girl, who's obsessed with me in my gel bras and pokes at my boobs when i'm getting ready. So the plan is to tell them I've hurt myself in gym and then if they notice them bigger I was just going to say 'Sometimes ladies go through changes'. In terms of hiding scars I've started to avoid them seeing me naked and put my underwear on in bathroom now after shower etc, so they're won't be any sudden changes of habit.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st October 2013, 3:18 pm

I think saying you've hurt your back or something is a good idea ... I havnt got children but often children will embarrass us (I havnt got children myself yet but lots of children in my family) and I can imagine if they knew.... So would the whole world lol!! For now as he is so young I think hurting your self is a good excuse :) XX
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 3:18 pm

A bad back seems to cover all the problems you suffer after surgery... The hunched walk, the not wanting to be held tightly, the "be careful" around mummy...

I personally think young children have no need to be knowing such things.

They will believe and trust whatever it is you say to them and as you've already said your little boy commented on your boobs and he had no further interest after... Just because.

They will grow and tell people "mummy's got/had a bad back" and that's a perfect excuse.... Unless you want the entire nursery knowing you've had a BA lol, because children have a habit of telling everyone everything, there's no privacy at all lol

And I believe if you ask a child to keep it a secret... That far too big of a responsibility to putting on a small child when there's really no need. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 3:24 pm

They are all fab ideas thank you.

I don't intend to tell him the truth - ever. I don't want either of them knowing for various reasons and I totally agree if I tell my son now the whole of tesco would know - I can't sit on the floor with him for ages because of my joints so I say to him mummy had a bad back but he still climbs all over me so I was looking for a different body part so he plus not just ignore it if that makes sense!

I normally get dressed away from him as he's always in his room playing when I'm getting dressed but I will get dressed in the bathroom I didn't think about the dressings etc...
Thanks girls xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 21st October 2013, 3:26 pm

My three year old didn't notice a thing when I stopped feeding the youngest, however he did try and climb on me just after I got home from the surgery. We just told him that I'd hurt myself and I'm a little sore and he has to be gentle.

He was fine with this, more concerned than anything else. He kept on asking me if was Ok and 'are you still sore mummy?' Bless him.

I didn't really feel the need to explain any more than that. I agree with Cookie, I don't think there's really much need to explain in more detail. Can you imagine the stories that would be going around nursery if you did explain all. Not only do children have an inability to keep things to themselves they also embellish the truth!! You'd most certainly get a few strange looks from the staff!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 3:38 pm

Ha ha love it cab. Oh yes he would tell the world! I don't know where he got that I should buy new ones from - probably as he says it when something is broken. I agree, a child of this age doesn't need to know at all and wouldn't understand. When they are much older I may tell them but only if they ask directly I think..

That's sweet about your eldest, that's a better idea if I say I've hurt myself as if I specify a body part he will want to examine it! 

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 21st October 2013, 4:03 pm

I told my children that I hurt myself in the gym. They accepted that straight away. They did ask about the strapping I had on after surgery as there was no hiding it, and i said it was to help me get better. 

Bless them, they cheered when I had it taken off as they thought that meant I was all better!!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 21st October 2013, 4:05 pm

I've told mine aged 7 and 10 year old boys. To be honest they didn't really give two hoots! 
I didn't tell them the ins and outs just I was going to hospital for my boobies and that was it. Nothing more was said. 
I think it totally depends on your children after all you know them better than anyone and how you feel . 

It's down to you and how you want to handle or say to them. 

There's no right or wrong answer in this one. As everybody is diffrent as are the children. 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 4:35 pm

Thanks seashell, that's sweet.. I may say I fell over or something as I don't go to the gym but I'm very clumsy!

Mrs ball, thanks for that - I know my son he would tell anyone that would listen! If he was older i might have told him.. I think I'm going to say they grew for now!

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kel70 21st October 2013, 4:45 pm

Hi Ladies

I agree if they are little to just say you've hurt yourself.  My girls are 9 & 7 and I'd never have got  away with it but Ijust said I was going to have my boobies MOT'd to make them look pretty and they just saud right ok mum and carried on with what they were doing!!
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 4:51 pm

Hysterical  Boobie mot love it! Xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 21st October 2013, 7:08 pm

I told my 6 year old daughter that I had hurt my back. Children don't need to know about their mums going through surgery just to get boobs in my opinion x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by alanna1984 21st October 2013, 8:39 pm

This subject title made me smile, only because I wondered the same with my niece (4) and nephew (2). My sister was very upfront with them and told them that their aunt was having an operation and may be in a bit of pain when she comes to stay. I stayed with my parents for a couple of days after my operation and they both came up to me and asked if I was ok and giggled that I had bigger boobies. I suppose it comes down to how you are and how open you are. My family are and have always been very open with each other, they find it very funny and I think it is nice that my entire family including niece and nephew are supportive. Not only that, when they usually would ask for a cuddle they said that they know I can't cuddle or lift them, otherwise I would hurt myself and they did not want to hurt their aunt. I am in no way saying that this is what everyone should do, but it has not harmed me or my family. I am sure whatever you decide to say will be perfect :-)
alanna1984
alanna1984
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by alanna1984 21st October 2013, 8:40 pm

Boobie MOT! Thats a good one! :-)
alanna1984
alanna1984
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 8:48 pm

Ahh that's so sweet Alanna!

I think this is a subject that as mrs ball said is no right and wrong answer it's just that personally I don't want my kids to know unless they directly ask me. When my daughter grows up and has kids if I haven't told her by then I will in case what happens to me happens to her. 

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down