Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to tell kids

+12
twinmum23
FrockyHorror
MilliePig
kld247
Phoebe
sars3dd
Jaybles
Peachy34
dervla1
Daisylou
abbie
kittie
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What to tell kids Empty What to tell kids

Post by kittie 11th August 2010, 5:19 pm

I'm booked for my op on Saturday and planned not to tell my little girl (5). Main reason for it is that she will tell everyone she meets that mummy has new boobies! I'm open and honest but not that open and honest. The other reason is that I am really really conscious of her having any 'body issues'. I will tell her when she's older and explain why I've done it. Just wondered what people had told their kids and how they handled not picking them up etc.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

What to tell kids Empty Re: What to tell kids

Post by abbie 11th August 2010, 5:29 pm

I wouldnt tell her unless she notices.
My kids are 9, 3 and 2 and not one of them has noticed.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 11th August 2010, 5:54 pm

I have 2 children ages 14 and 4. My 14 year old knows and is fine with it. I haven't told the younger one, he thinks Mummy has a poorly tummy and that's why I can't pick him up and cuddle him too close. I'm 8 days post op xxx
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 11th August 2010, 5:56 pm

I told my kids I'd hurt my back and they would have to help me with the housework! They did and it was great! x
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 11th August 2010, 5:58 pm

thanks girls, think will just tell her i have a sore back or something so that's why i can't pick her up.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th August 2010, 6:09 pm

I have small children too and I hadn't planned on telling them because they will tell the world. My kids just walk in and out of the bathroom when I'm in whenever they please theres no privacy lol. I'm hoping that by the time they see them again after I've lived in my sports bra for a bit they will have forgotten what they looked like in the first place. I hope so because I would hate to give my girls a negative body image because of what I have chosen to do. I do have a policy of answering their questions truthfully if they ask though and there have been a few beauties to answer lately but hopefully I will be able to keep this one under wraps :)
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th August 2010, 6:10 pm

The sore back should do the trick and I'm liking your style about getting the housework done Dervla What to tell kids 184153
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 11th August 2010, 6:14 pm

Peachy34 wrote:I have small children too and I hadn't planned on telling them because they will tell the world. My kids just walk in and out of the bathroom when I'm in whenever they please theres no privacy lol. I'm hoping that by the time they see them again after I've lived in my sports bra for a bit they will have forgotten what they looked like in the first place. I hope so because I would hate to give my girls a negative body image because of what I have chosen to do. I do have a policy of answering their questions truthfully if they ask though and there have been a few beauties to answer lately but hopefully I will be able to keep this one under wraps :)

sounds like my house! she sees me nakes and comes in the bathroom, but i guess she won't see my boobs for a while and might not notice.... and i love dervla's getting the housework done!!!!! What to tell kids 923101
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th August 2010, 6:19 pm

I know mine are obsessed with coming and talking to me while I'm in the bath or shower its become part of our daily ritual they come and tell me all about what they have been doing. I have a 7 month old baby too so I'm going to really be struggling trying not to pick her up bless her. That was my final hurdle to get over with my guilt about having the procedure, but I have my hubby and my mum to help so hopefully it won't be too bad. :)
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 11th August 2010, 6:36 pm

It is a tough one. I have a 5 year old girl also. What i said was that I was off to do a show for the weekend. When i came back i just told her that I hurt myself a bit. It took hardly any time before she looked at me like this What to tell kids Icon_eek and said Mummy!! you have big squidgy boobs! so i leveled with her and said that i had an operation and now they are bigger. She is OK with it. I think it depends on how much pain they see you in and how your deal with your boobjob. For me it was positive from start to finish so it wasn't traumatic in anyway for her. She is incapable of keeping her gob shut, but it is just water off a ducks back to me. Besides there is another mum in the playground who has had a BA and she proudly shows her assets off nice clothes - she looks ace so no one looks at me anyway lol. Hope all works out well for you xoxoxoxooxo
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 11th August 2010, 7:18 pm

I have 4,2 and 1yr old girls. And i sat my 4 and 2 yr old down and told them what was going on. I explained to them that my boobies werent right and my oldest told me what was wrong with them. I told her that this much difference isnt normal and i was getting them fixed. they then asked how the operation is done and i showed them videos on youtube and we watched programmes together.
Being very open and honest works well for me and my kids, its not for everyone.
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 11th August 2010, 8:14 pm

My kids are all older between 12 and 17 and I just told them the truth, I hated my boobs always have done. Nobody really cares either, only me!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 11th August 2010, 8:25 pm

I thought about this today as my daughter is 10 and know she will definitely know something is going on! She is at the age of starting to develop herself so I'm worried she will become conscious of her body. Hopefully a good chat will iron out any concerns and maybe it will be me worrying more than her!
Thanks for the ideas girls I might pinch some to use on my 3 year old xx
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by MilliePig 11th August 2010, 8:47 pm

I would definately not tell a 3 year old - speaking from experience here!

Our little one shouted out in the middle of Tesco 'are your boobies better now mummy?'...............curl up and die moment I think!

Good luck xx
MilliePig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th August 2010, 9:02 pm

OMG thats just what my kids are like totally innocent question but totally inappropriate place. All the Mums would know before the end of the first week back at school and I def do not want to be the first term topic of conversation in the school yard or referred to as her with the boob job. But if it comes down to it and they ask me I will tell them the truth an edited version but still the truth x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 12th August 2010, 6:15 am

thats my concern peachy - my daughter starts school next week and i don't want to be the topic of the playground gossip, especially since i live in a small town and it would spread like wildfire. my daughter is incapable of keeping her gob shut lol
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th August 2010, 8:22 am

Don't get me wrong if they were older I would tell them, but I don't think its very age appropriate for them at the moment they won't understand why I'm having it done, so for those reasons and to avoid the gossips I'm going to keep it to myself if possible. Theyve seen me with bigger boobs when I was breast feeding and never mentioned the size of them them so hopefully I will get away with it. For those of you who don't mind if your kids tell others more power to you but I am a private person and its not what I want :)
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 12th August 2010, 8:30 am

i just dont think kids notice stuff like that in the same way that adults would. I also dont think most adults notice in the same way that people with boob jobs on their mind would.
I didnt wear padded bras or anything pre-op and was nearly flat chested before i had my 420s, and apart from the people who know about my boob job, noones even noticed so far because they look "right" on me.
If you go for a really top heavy look, then people may notice, but if you keep to a natural looking size for your frame, people just dont really see it. Probably just think youre looking well
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th August 2010, 8:57 am

I'm hopefully going for the natural look and to be honest have padded my bras out since my last lot of breastfeeding so people probably won't notice the difference with my clothes on. To be honest I dress a bit conservatively the odd low cut top on a night out so I shouldn't think anyone would notice and if they do I will say its a good bra as its none of their business. Both my PC's said they thought I was quite busty and I said its amazing what the right bra can do for you. And as for my kids you are probably right I don't think the would notice the size just the dressings.
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 12th August 2010, 9:08 am

Peachy34 wrote:I'm hopefully going for the natural look and to be honest have padded my bras out since my last lot of breastfeeding so people probably won't notice the difference with my clothes on. To be honest I dress a bit conservatively the odd low cut top on a night out so I shouldn't think anyone would notice and if they do I will say its a good bra as its none of their business. Both my PC's said they thought I was quite busty and I said its amazing what the right bra can do for you. And as for my kids you are probably right I don't think the would notice the size just the dressings.

totally agree with you there Peachy x Woohoo count down time What to tell kids 727935
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 12th August 2010, 9:42 am

i'm going pretty natural looking and do use padded bras anyway so don't think she will notice. have told her that i'm away working this weekend and plan to say i hurt my back and that's why i can't lift etc.

if she notices then i will be honest and tell her because i have a policy of always answering her questions honestly but i don't want to make a big thing of it. all this wondernig what to do and she probs won't notice a thing lol
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th August 2010, 9:51 am

Yay for you only 2 days to go. Good luck babe and let us know how you get on :)
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 12th August 2010, 9:53 am

i can't think of anything but boobies - i'm at work and pretty useless cos i can't concentrate lol
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FrockyHorror 12th August 2010, 10:46 am

I was honest with my seven year old son and told him that I was going in for some new boobies. He's so wrapped up in seven-year-old-land that I'm not sure how much he has taken in to be honest. He was really gentle and caring when I came out of hospital, bless him!! I do think I would have done things differently if he had been younger and possibly would have approached it differently if he was a girl (positive body image and all that!).

Good luck, hope all goes well xx
FrockyHorror
FrockyHorror
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 12th August 2010, 8:38 pm

Everyone will notice when i get them done as its going to be a massive difference on me. So i was happy to tell everyone in advance and for those who had a go cause its on the nhs i explained and if they wanted showed the before pics.

I think it all comes down to the kids aswell
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next