Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you tell the kids????

+13
Lexi27
AgtKensington
Phoebe
kay
bumblebabe
Peachy34
sars3dd
abbie
jellytot1
mrsm
kittie
Tiara
twinpeaks
17 posters

Go down

What do you tell the kids???? Empty What do you tell the kids????

Post by twinpeaks 29th September 2010, 8:59 am

I have 10 year old son and dont really want him to know that I'm having a boob job. I dont really fancy being the talk of the playground and I've only told a few close friends and family members. The problem is what do I tell him? My mobility is obviously gonna be limited and the strapping round my chest is gonna be a bit of a giveaway thats something happened. Just wondered what everyone else told their kids? Or maybe I should just be honest with him. What do you all think? :dunno:
xx
twinpeaks
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

What do you tell the kids???? Empty Re: What do you tell the kids????

Post by Tiara 29th September 2010, 9:18 am

Hmm... that's a tricky one . 10 is maybe a bit young to understand eh? You don't want him thinking bodies need plastic surgery etc...

I personally would wait until he's older, tell a little white lie. Some small surgery that affects your mobility for a while? I also wouldn't like it to be playground chat either, we can't expect children to keep secrets.
I suppose there will be people who would argue that it's better to be upfront and honest, not make a big deal and then it won't be. But since you don't want people to know, then maybe keep schtum.

Only you can decide though babe, he's your baby, you know what information he can handle.

Good luck! I'd love to hear what outcome you decide on xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 29th September 2010, 9:21 am

My daughter is 5 and I worried endlessly about what to tell her. I ended up telling her that I had a sore chest and sore back so she had to be careful not to bump me. I didn't want to be the subject of talk with the playground mafia and also didn't want her to worry about me having an operation (she knows way too much about hospitals) and didn't want her to think you need surgery to look good. That's a conversation for when she's much older.

When she saw me after she did look at my boobs and seemed to realise there was something different but she has never asked a thing. We are quite a naked house but I was careful of her seeing me with dressings and things on but other than that it was fine.

I would say keep things very simple, maybe just say you've hurt yoruself, so he doesn't announce to everyone at school that mums had her boobs done! It really does depend on what you think he can understand, he's your son and you know him best to judge what to tell him.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 29th September 2010, 9:29 am

Well my daughter is 6 and I didn't tell her. Anything!
I didn't want to say I was going in to hospital because she was very worried about that when I had her younger sister and brother, and I didn't want to say anything about having a boob job cos I didn't want her friends, thier parents, the teacher, or basically the whole world to know!

She stayed at my parents house the night I was away, so she never knew I went anywhere. After a few days she saw the bandages and I said that my chest was sore so the Dr put bandages on it. She hasn't noticed that my boobs are bigger even though she's seen me topless and I even had to take her in the changing room to buy more sports bras at about a week post-op so I was all strapped up and swollen and everything and she still didn't notice, just accepted what I said about my chest being sore, and that was it.

Your sons obviously older, so maybe you could say you had to have a little op, I don't know?but it might be easier to hide than you think. xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 29th September 2010, 9:30 am

I have been worried about this too - as I have an eleven year old niece who is always facinated about boobs and can't wait to get her first bra - she is always asking my 15 year old daughter about bras and such like - I am worried that my brother may think I am a bad role model! (haven't told my family yet) So as I currently have a frozen shoulder I am going to suggest to my brother that he tells her I am having a shoulder op (pity they can't really sort it out while I am under the GA) and then tell her the operation on my shoulder didn't work very well!

So up to you whether you tell the whole truth (you maybe the talk of the playground - your son may get teased), or you can be economical with the truth (you could say you were having a small operation on your boobs or some tests), but then you don't want him to get the wrong end of stick and think it is something serious and worry. Or just lie like me and tell him you have hurt something and needed an operation to sort it out! Good luck with your decision and your BA x
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 29th September 2010, 11:40 am

my 9 year old didnt even notice id had mine done, if that helps
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 29th September 2010, 12:28 pm

i told my daugters then 4 and 2 (oldest just turned 5) what i was getting, why i was getting it and we watched the video on here of an op and a couple other you tube clips. my oldest checks my scars every day for and hs been helping me alot round the house. we haven honesty is tge best policy thing in our house which works for us and the kids but its not for everyone x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 29th September 2010, 12:36 pm

My oldest is almost 6 and he didn't notice a thing, my niece who I'm very close to is 10 and also didn't notice a thing. If you pad your bra out already then the likelihood is in your clothes they won't notice anything. We are also a very naked house my kids constantly come in the bathroom when I'm in so I just made sure I got washed when they were in bed so they didn' see the dressings as that is what woud have got mine talking the most they are obsessed with plasters/bandages and like to look at whats underneath. I wasn't affected much mobility wise and said I'd hurt my back to explain why my Mum was looking after the baby. I only told 2 people I was having it done and no-one else has made any comments yet! x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 29th September 2010, 5:15 pm

my 5 and 7 year old didint notice, but i told my 12 year old, she used to help me get dressed as i couldent lift my arms up high,
i asked her not tot tell anyone as i didint want anyone else to no cause it was a private thing,
she has been a great help to me,
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 29th September 2010, 5:18 pm

My 9 year old didn't notice either xx

I told him I had hurt my shoulders and back and so couldn't really work properly xx :good: seemed to do the trick xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 29th September 2010, 6:16 pm

Our kids are all older our youngest kids are 12, then 15,16 & 17, so they all knew from word go that I was having it done, but then most people I knew did too, it wasnt really a secret. Saying that I was slightly embarrassed when I had to tell one of the teachers at school, as my 12 year old son had told school I had breast cancer!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 29th September 2010, 6:19 pm

Phoebe wrote:Saying that I was slightly embarrassed when I had to tell one of the teachers at school, as my 12 year old son had told school I had breast cancer!!!

There's an uncomfortable conversation What do you tell the kids???? 557141
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 29th September 2010, 6:38 pm

kittie wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Saying that I was slightly embarrassed when I had to tell one of the teachers at school, as my 12 year old son had told school I had breast cancer!!!

There's an uncomfortable conversation What do you tell the kids???? 557141

Yep I can confirm it was an uncomfortable conversation!! The next evening I had to go to parents evening too, she was almost as embarrassed as I was.
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by AgtKensington 29th September 2010, 9:04 pm

I have a 7 year old daughter, 10 year old son, twin 3 year old step children, and a 6 year old step daughter and NONE OF THEM HAVE NOTICED!!!!! It cracks me up! I didn't even tell them I had surgery for the same reasons that I didn't want for them to talk to their friends. I also didn't want to answer the endless questions. I just told them I had a bad stomach bug and my tummy just hurt for a long time. They all seemed fine with it. I will tell them at some point, just not now.
AgtKensington
AgtKensington
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 30th September 2010, 9:27 pm

I am hoping I won't have that problem. My girls are aged 1 and 3 so the 1 year old will be fine. The 3 year old has given more encouragement to get it done since the time when I was brushing my teeth naked a few months ago and she came from underneath me and started tugging on my nipples hanging low, she wouldn't even understand but I was so embarrassed, what a sight! I think she will ask questions but will definitely help me get ready, etc. She loves zipping up my clothes, doing up buttons, etc xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by MilliePig 1st October 2010, 7:12 am

We are quote a close family unit and so I was open with my two girls and my eldest said 'why? it won't change who you are' gulp! and the youngest said was like 'yeah mummies getting big cushions like Grandma' yeah! SHe loves falling asleep on my MIL because she was comfy unlike little boney chest here!

Both my two have been fine with it - just go with your gut feeling hun xx
MilliePig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 1st October 2010, 8:52 am

I didn't tell my 7 or 11 year old children anything. Was a day patient so didn't have to explain being away. They now know I have a VERY bad back so can't do as much as normal. They haven't noticed the size difference as yet and don't plan on saying anything. BUT if either of them do ask I will be honest. Just gonna tell them on a need to know basis but won't lie if they ask.
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by twinpeaks 1st October 2010, 10:40 am

Oooooh it's a toughy. I'm definitely not going to tell him I'm going into hospital. That word conjures up all kinds of scary images when your a kid. I think I may just suddenly develop a bad back and go from there. I plan on keeping my bandages hidden to avoid any awkward questions and just hope that he doesn't notice I've suddenly sprouted boobs! I'll keep you posted ladies and thanks as always for all the advice :)

xxx
twinpeaks
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by trudster 1st October 2010, 11:00 am

i have 5 kids ages 17 15 12 10 and 3 and all apart from the 3 year old know exactly wats happening and are all very excited for me, my 3 yr old doesnt know anything yet but i think i will just say that mummy ihas a bad back as i have had a sore back before and he knew he couldnt jump on me then, but i am worried about the night time as in the night he always comes to my side of the bed and wants me to lift him in, but i have said to the other half he will have to put him back into his bed cos he will fidget and kick in our bed and i cant cope with that. so then i feel a bit guilty.
trudster
trudster
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by twinpeaks 1st October 2010, 11:11 am

What did your 10yr old say? I honestly cant predict what mine would say. I feel guilty not telling him but I dont want to risk him telling anyone at school etc. I think as parents we always feel guilty no matter what! I'm sure your 3 old will get used to being in their own be and hopefully it'll only be for a few weeks. xx
twinpeaks
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 1st October 2010, 11:27 am

This is going to sound really bad but i have 4 children a boy & girl both aged 10 and 6 year old boy & my little one who is 2..................I didnt tell them! I told them i had to have a tummy op as i didnt want them at there age to learn about being 'unhappy' about our own bodys! My 10 year old daughter is at the age where she has started notucing her body image & i just didnt think it was a good age to tell them what i had done....

I will tell them when i think they are old enough to understand the reasons why i done it & for it not to influence how they feel towards there own bodys.
If my daughter ever wanted a boob job Id alway support her but I would want it to have her own reasons for doing it not what i have done to sway her......e.g i dont want her thinking 'well mum wasnt happy with her small boobs & i have small boobs so im going to have a B.A'

I kinda hope that makes sense lol.............i always want my kids to be positive about how they are & i always tell them they are beautifull & perfect!

& then you have the talk of the playground, or in my case the town! & i only told my best friend, my brother his girlfriend & my mum & dad so i didnt even tell my hubbys family!

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by twinpeaks 1st October 2010, 12:49 pm

Hi Crystal
That's something I didn't even consider. I completely understand what your saying. I would hate it if my insecurities rubbed off on my 10 year old. Granted he's a boy but I dont want him to get the impression that if your not happy with your body then just go get it fixed. Even though its so much more common these days to go under the knife surgery is still a big deal. I spent my teenage years hating my small boobs and my twenties thinking they're really not the end of the world. I feel really comfortable with my body now it just really grates on me how clothes dont fit properly, finding a bikini is a nightmare and FORGET La Senza!

I guess every child's different but it sounds like every mum has thought about whats best for them and how their kids would handle it and thats the main thing. Big hugs to the mummys. group hug

xx
twinpeaks
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down