Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unsure what to tell my kids

+15
jordan
alexandra33
Sammyj
Crystal
AmyD
kimmyg
gemari
clairebear
welshvicci123
FinallyBB
mrsm
loopylou
debsrich
Clara
LM
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

unsure what to tell my kids Empty unsure what to tell my kids

Post by LM 3rd October 2011, 9:32 pm

Im really struggling with what to tell my children. They are 2 and 6 years old. My 2yr old i guess i will just say sore boobies but i dont like hiding things from my 6yr old,but at the same time i dont wanna freak him out. I dont want it to b spread round the playground, but he may need an operation for grommets so thought it would ease his nerves if he knows i have had an op first. Also dont want him to hear part of a conversation and be confused. What has everyone else told their kids?please help :) xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

unsure what to tell my kids Empty Re: unsure what to tell my kids

Post by Clara 3rd October 2011, 9:45 pm

Hi LM, I was going to post about the same thing. I'm in a dilemma too what to tell my 10, 8 and 2 year old although as you say the 2 year old is not really a problem!
Like you i'm really honest with my children but this is so difficult isn't it?! I want to tell them the truth but on the other hand i don't want them to be upset that i'm going to have an op. Also with the older 2 i don't want to set off any body issues. 1 minute i think yes i'll tell them the truth then i think no i'll tell them i've got a bad back lol Trouble is they see me getting dressed etc so surely they're going to notice anyway!

I think if my oldest was six i would keep it really simple, maybe say the Doctor is going to fix mummy's boobies, oh dear not sure that sounds right lol!

Sorry not been any help but i know the dilemma you're feeling Rolling Eyes Hopefully someone with some sound advice will be along soon, i'll read the replies with interest.

x x
Clara
Clara
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 3rd October 2011, 9:48 pm

Ooohhh you're psychic!! I have 2 children too.. 6 ear old girl and boy will be 3 in december... and I have wondered exactly the same thing!!! I really don't know what to say?! My son it'll be absolutely fine, he won't understand enough- can get away with saying mummy is sore... but daughter will understand... and realistically... will need to understand as there will probably be some occasions where she has to help me out with fetching things, or helping with her brother etc.... but I don't want to scare her.... or have her telling friends/family... but at the same time don't want to scare her that its a big terrible secret!!! Oh what a dilemma!!!!
Children eh.... I wouldn't even be having this procedure if it wasn't for them two... both breastfed= deflated, saggy, small boobs for mummy!!!
Let me know what you decide to do... your way before me!!!!
Sorry I have been absolutely NO help whatsoever!!!!!
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 3rd October 2011, 9:56 pm

My son is 14 and to be honest mortified by what I've had done I'm sure.... but we dont talk about it specificaly and he just knows I cant do much right now.
However I am a single mum and very open with him so didnt want to lie. I havent told my mum though - and she didnt seem to notice when I saw her at the weekend - tbh Im not going to embarrass my son by having lots of people know about it!
Hmmmm if he was 6 I would probably just play it down and perhaps as you have a 2 year old he may be used to seeing your body change anyway?
Im sure the other ladies with smaller children will have some ideas but I would perhaps just say I was feeling a bit sick and had a small operation on your belly (if you are wanting to reassure him for his surgery)
Prob no help at all but good luck x
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 3rd October 2011, 10:16 pm

My daughter was 6 and a half when I had mine done, I also have 2 littler ones but they were only babies then.

All I told my daughter was that I had a sore chest, and the Dr put a bandage on it. She's never noticed my boobs got bigger!
I think children just love to chat about exciting things to their friends and teachers too much, if you tell the whole truth you can guarantee that quite a few people are going to find out about it. I did NOT want other parents whispering about my boobs.

I think if you want your children to know you're having an operation that's fine, just keep it really simple like about having a sore chest and having a little operation, and you'll be sore afterwards but then you'll feel much better, don't go in to details and don't mention a boob job!
xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 3rd October 2011, 10:22 pm

Thanks!!
You're right I think.... and I DEF DO NOT want everyone knowing and talking!!!! I plan on telling 1 of the mums that will help me out on school run and that's it!!!
MrsM.. your boobs look great in pic btw!!! Loving the bra!!!!!
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 3rd October 2011, 10:27 pm

thanks debs unsure what to tell my kids 48411
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by FinallyBB 4th October 2011, 12:23 am

Sometimes I think its best that kids don't know EVERYTHING! Some things are best left unsaid. unsure what to tell my kids 184153
FinallyBB
FinallyBB
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by LM 4th October 2011, 6:32 am

thanx everyone, yeah i might keep quietfor now and then if im ok afta op then mayb my husband can bring them to c me in hosp so its all a gd experience for him to c and it will b afta so no worrying before hand.i think its the added pressure that he may need op so want a gd experience for him. then yeah may play it down afta that. if they dont c me in hosp then think will def go wiv bad back or tummy, either way i will need him to b my lil helper wiv his sister. i think he will notice mummy has bigger boobies at some point coz he notices that my sister has much bigger boobs than me(got mine and my mums share!) thanx everyone, its nice to no we r all going thru the same thing and have the same worries etc, thank u xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 4th October 2011, 6:57 am

I have two children also oldest 6 in dec and youngest 20 months, i havnt had mine done yet, I just dont really bring it up much around them so that there not fully aware, I dont lie to my kids but im sure he has picked up on it anyway, my oldest is quite mature for his age. If he asks once ive had the op i will just say that i have sore boobs/chest and i have to rest. I wont make a big fuss about it because it will become a big fuss otherwise, my fam know about it anyway.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by clairebear 4th October 2011, 8:05 am

I have a 10, 7 and 17 month old sons. I havent told them anything. They obviously new something was wrong with me when I came home from hospital, but I didnt give them any sort of explanation at all, I just didnt have a clue what to say. When they asked me what was wrong with me I panicked and changed the subject lol. Then a couple of days after I'd had my BA done I went into my 7 yr olds reading comment book as he had just read to me and to my horror there was a note from his teacher Mr Jones saying "To Kyles mum, hope you feel better soon" I was mortified lol I said to Kyle what have you told your teacher, he was like mum, i just told him you werent well" phew lol, Thank god, I thought I had been the hot topic in the teachers staff room lol

xx
clairebear
clairebear
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 4th October 2011, 8:36 am

I think my hubby will tell the kids anyway Rolling Eyes probably along the lines of mummy's had new boobies, subtle lol. I'll just tell them my boobs are sore. To be fair I'm not bothered who knows, as anyone who I care about will totally understand why I had it done and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmyg 4th October 2011, 8:46 am

I think honesty is the way to go, but only with as much detail as you and they feel comfortable with.

My daughter is 9 and came with me to my first consultation and had a feel of the implants and looked at before and after pics. She's been really interested in the whole process and it has had a positive effect on her. Before my BA she was very body concious and would hide away with no clothes on or try to cover up when getting in the shower etc but since the BA all those concerns have gone and she's completely body confident now.
kimmyg
kimmyg
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 4th October 2011, 8:53 am

hi gemari, i have a 6 year old and 10 month old..... i thought about this long and hard for a long time. My 6 year old is quite switched on and very cuddly bless her. So i have to tell her the truth but soften it somewhat.... i don't want to promote plastic surgery, and she is very image conscious already.
I told her that the doctor is going to'fix' my boobies, and it will be quick and easy, but that we all have to be very gentle with mummy's boobies as they'll be a bit sore. She accepted that fine, asked why they had to be fixed but i just told her the kind doctor said so, and that he's a very nice man. She's not worried about it at all, that's all i've said and i haven't said anything since. Focusing more on the fact that she'll have fun at her daddy's house for the week.

xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 4th October 2011, 8:57 am

I didnt tell my children...............

I only told them half the truth, that I was hgaving a op and that it will take time to recover.....

At the time they were 1, 5 & two at 9 years old and felt at there age they shouldnt have to be aware of my conserns about my own body as they are to young to fully understand.

Also my oldest was my daughter and I didnt want my negative views of my own boobs to rub of on her at such a young age......I want her to grow up with her own opinions on her own body and I didnt want to sway that , which is so easy to do theys days....

Once they are old enough to understand and I feel it will have less effect on how they feel about themselfs then ill tell them but at the moment they are just to young

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 4th October 2011, 9:02 am

yes i totally agree crystal, i want my girls to be happy with themselves just the way they are, and it would break my heart if they develop the insecurities that i have. When they're mature enough, they will know the full truth.

xxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 4th October 2011, 9:03 am

I think I'm lucky that my 2 oldest, 7 and 4 are boys and so it doesn't really effect them so much. I think that if they were girls I'd explain it more to them. I want to make sure when when my little girl grows up (she's 19 months) she has body confidence. I had no boobs when I was younger, and was really skinny and I hated it. When I was 17 I started doing some modelling, and grew to like my body, even my small but perky boobs. I wish that I'd have appreciated what I had when I was younger, and made the best of it, cos after giving birth to and breastfeeding 3 kids 'd love to have that body back. xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 4th October 2011, 9:23 am

ditto hun, ditto. but in 13 days, you will be back chick!!!! xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammyj 4th October 2011, 11:47 am

i've been wondering about this too.

Mine are 12 & 9 and both boys. They will definately notice after my BA as I'm sooo flat chested now. Even my 9 yr old has asked 'why havent you got any boobies mummy?' in the past.

I think I will tell them Ive had an operation on my boobies but make out that it was to put something right.
Sammyj
Sammyj
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by LM 4th October 2011, 7:10 pm

thanx everyone, lots to think about, got a little bit of time to work out wot to say exactly, i just dont wanna b caught on the spot coz i will say too much in wrong way lol, thanx and good luck wiv everyones boobie journeys :) xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 4th October 2011, 7:19 pm

Honestly, they're so little just yet - I'd say "mommy has an owie" or something like that.

I wouldn't mention boobies at all - that will certainly be repeated bless their little hearts!!!

Good luck hun

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by LM 4th October 2011, 7:28 pm

thanx hun xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan 5th October 2011, 10:16 pm

unsure what to tell my kids 869500 I have two boys 4 and 5. If I told them that mummy was going to get bigger boobs they would laugh, and would tell everyone that they meet. So i am sticking to......... mummy has a really sore back! !
jordan
jordan
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by effie 6th October 2011, 7:30 pm

gemari wrote:I think my hubby will tell the kids anyway Rolling Eyes probably along the lines of mummy's had new boobies, subtle lol. I'll just tell them my boobs are sore. To be fair I'm not bothered who knows, as anyone who I care about will totally understand why I had it done and I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks xx

Same here, i have 5 kids 16,13,8,5 and almost 2. I told the older ones exactley what was going on, I told the younger 2 that i was going to have my boobs made bigger, they didnt ask how or anything and i didnt elaborate, the baby didnt know any different.

I think alomst everyone that knows me knows that ive had them done, and they have all been very supportive and very interested, anyone who thinks bad of me i couldnt care less, my body my choice and its one of the best things ive ever done!!unsure what to tell my kids 773440

I think its important to be honest and open with my kids as much as possible considering their age and what they need to know, i hope in the future they will be the same with me.

Good luck xxunsure what to tell my kids 923101
effie
effie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 6th October 2011, 7:37 pm

ive got 3 kids. At the time of my op they were 9, 3 and 2, and none of them noticed a thing and i never said anything
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next