Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling your kids!!

+5
sarahdawn31
Love2run
Nonna
contessina
Opal_Eyes
9 posters

Go down

Telling your kids!! Empty Telling your kids!!

Post by Opal_Eyes 13th July 2011, 10:15 pm

So we've had a few discussions about telling parents, family, in-laws, friends, and colleagues but what I'm wondering for those of you who have children is how you told them about your BA or explained the change in your body?

Obviously from a certain age they know very well what Mummy looks like and for there to be a sudden change must involve some questions!

I have a 6 yr old and I plan on explaining to her nearer the time that there will be a change but I'm not entirely sure how to approach it. I don't want to use words like 'surgery' or 'operation' because I went through a big op last year and it had a big effect on our lives and she will just worry. I want to be honest with her though and for it not to be a shock when I come home with hard sore (BIG!) boobies!!

I suppose I could invent a Boob Fairy?!? ;-)
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Telling your kids!! Empty Re: Telling your kids!!

Post by contessina 14th July 2011, 5:56 am

Hi
I've told my 6, 9 and 11 yr old nothing about my ba, and they havn't noticed either. I told them I had a bad back whilst recovering. :)
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonna 14th July 2011, 6:42 am

I didn't tell my 3 and 6 year old anything either. My 6 yr old caught me getting dressed one day when I still had my dressings on and asked if I'd had my boobs done lol. He then asked why he didn't see me on tv
Nonna
Nonna
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 14th July 2011, 10:10 am

^ Lol!

Hmmm, saying nothing might work for some but I have a very inquisitive little lady who notices EVERYTHING!

I guess I'll just have to see how she reacts when she sees/feels them. Trust me, on a chest this small any increase will be noticeable! She will probably just be happy to have nice squashy pillows to cuddle up to. And have a Mummy who looks like other Mums at last ;-)
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 14th July 2011, 10:19 am

I have 2 daughters 5 and 8 and I have just told them that I am getting mine fixed after breastfeeding them all. They saw me breastfeed their little brother till he was 18mth so they just think its the norm that I get them fixed.
I had to laugh the other day my 8 y/o came home singing Barbie Girl. The kids at school had changed some of the words singing that her boobs were plastic!!!

I think as long as you dont say things that make her think you are feeling insecure about your boobs she will be fine.

Good Luck
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 14th July 2011, 10:35 am

I didn't tell my kids either... My daughter is five and I agonized whether or not to tell her as I was so sure she would notice... I decided to just have the op and only tell if she asked... I told her I was going away for the night with my Oh and when I came home I just told her I was not well, needed to rest and she had to be gentle with mommy. I did make a point to keep her from seeing the bandages which was easy enough as they come off after a couple weeks. She didn't ask anymore as what I old her seemed to satisfy her... Over the weeks and months since she has seen my boobs a lot and never commented on the change in shape and size (and there was a big difference)
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 14th July 2011, 10:49 am

Thanks ladies. Love2run - you're totally right about not making any comments about feeling insecure. No matter how much I hate my chest or might have other body issues I never ever mention them or show my feelings about it in front of her. I don't want to ever project that kind of negativity on to her!

I think the mending after breastfeeding idea is a good one too, if she asks I could tell her that as she knows I breastfed her.

I think maybe I'll just do what some of you have done, tell her I'm going away for a night or two and when I get home keep well covered and see how it goes once bandages are off and she figures out something is different. Or doesn't notice at all, lol! xx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Immie 14th July 2011, 11:17 am

I'm just on my way home from having op yesterday, I'll be going to collect my 6 & 3 year old. My 6 year old will be asking where it was I went, and I'm not sure what I'll say to him yet. If I tell him the real reason I risk him blurting it out to the many people who don't know! But at the same time I'll be telling them to not jump on me!
Just gonna see if I can get away with it, or might lie and say I fell over last night! Haha x
Immie
Immie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 14th July 2011, 11:39 am

Oh best of luck honey, hope they don't hug you too hard when they see you! Let me know how it goes. The risk of the kids telling to all and sundry that you've had your boobs done is one of the things putting me off telling my daughter. I don't mind her telling most people, they're going to know anyway. But she has a tendency to chat to random people in shops or on buses etc and I can imagine her happily telling them all about my boobs!! Or telling people to have a feel.... nope

She actually did that once on a train when she was a lot younger. "Mummy your booby is squashy!" (bless her for that) And then she looks at the teenage boy across from us, grabs my breast and says to him "do you want to feel?" I don't know how I didn't just die on the spot.

Oh and huge congratulations for yesterday!! Hope you're not too sore and that everything went well? *gentle hugs* x
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lolly 14th July 2011, 1:14 pm

personally im not telling my daughter who is 5, im going to say when i return from surgery that mummy has hurt her back and if she sees the bandages...,hopefully not i will say they are to help my back lol, i really dont want her exposed to cosmetic surgery at her age and to grow up thinking somethings wrong with her. everyone is differantand you all know how your own children will handle it.

if i told my daughter the whole village would know within 10 mins lol....have you seen mummys new boobies, she bought them from them the hospital, before they were small and now they are massive....pmsl
lolly
lolly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 563

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 14th July 2011, 1:17 pm

My sister asked me today if i'd told my daugther I was havin my boobs done!! I haven't as she's only 3 but she probably will notice somethin! She is slightly obsessed with boobs and is always slyin a little peek or a feel bless her haha! I will need 2 tell her somethin when i've had them done to make sure she doesn't jump on me but think i'll prob say im sore & poorly so she needs 2 b careful xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by Immie 14th July 2011, 1:51 pm

Opal eyes... lol at what your daughter said! my daughter is that kind of girl too, but luckily shes only 3 so she doesnt quite understand what an op is so i'll get away with it! My 6yr old son is more shy around people but if I do tell him about boobs he will ask a million questions then prob try and have sly pokes to test out my pain threshold! Then will tell his school friends who will tell thei mothers!!
My recovery is going well up to now, not much pain! want them to settle now!! xx
Immie
Immie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninaella 14th July 2011, 2:02 pm

This is a real tough one. I'm with lolly on this one. going for the bad back and playing everything down around the kids. But things will get interesting when we go on hols in four weeks???? They are 7 and 9. Also don't want it broadcast around school before they break up! X
Ninaella
Ninaella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down