Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling or not telling children

+8
nikkinoo
KA1813
Boodreams
loclo26
mrsball
tinkerbell24
Princess_x
Redtulip123
12 posters

Go down

Telling or not telling children Empty Telling or not telling children

Post by Redtulip123 6th March 2013, 10:57 am

I have two daughters age 10 and 7. They don't know I currently have implants and I would prefer to keep it that way. My eldest is starting to become body conscious and the last thing I want is for her to worry that she might not grow boobs etc etc. however I am having them replaced in a few weeks and will be going 20% bigger. I think they are likely to notice plus have to think of an excuse for being in bed. How did the rest of you with kids handle this?
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Telling or not telling children Empty Re: Telling or not telling children

Post by Princess_x 6th March 2013, 11:06 am

They probably won't notice the size difference. A bad back is a good excuse for not being able to do certain things. My daughter is 5 and she knew that I went to the hospital and I couldn't do certain things when I came home. I told her I'd hurt my back and it would take a little while to be better again x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 6th March 2013, 1:07 pm

My daughters are 8 and 2 eldest very aware of her body lol but i used having an op just under my arm she has never asked otherwise untilni tried on a bikini a few weeks back i said do unlike mummies bikini and shexsaid yeah..... i didnt know u could buy bikinis with boobies in them lol. she was son sed yo seeing me with nothing in my bikinis xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 6th March 2013, 1:57 pm

My boys are 9 and 6 and I told them , but that's just me. I was opens nd honest and to be honest they don't say anything or even comment they're not even in the slightest bit interested! but it helped with recovery in the fact they knew to be careful with me, help me and know why I wasn't my usual active self. And where I was on hospital day.

I think it's down to personal preference of wether you tell them or not. It's totally your descion. X

mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 6th March 2013, 2:05 pm

My daughters are 6 and 3. I've not said anything. If my eldest ask after I've had my op ill tell her if she don't i won't. X
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 6th March 2013, 2:48 pm

Thanks for your replies. My instinct is not to tell them. Although if they ask afterwards I don't think I would lie. As the op is during the Easter hols I will see if they can go to my inlaws for a couple of days. After that I will use the back excuse as I did hurt it a couple of months ago.

Tinker bell - I love your daughters comment!! I think you may have had the same implants as I hope to have, 360 XHP. Are you pleased with the size ?? Am hoping to get to a full c from nothing. What size are you now? Thx
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 6th March 2013, 4:07 pm

I have a 4 yr old boy and 8 yr old girl, and I'm with MrsBall on this one.. although I am also conscious of how young girls become body conscious so have done it in a way that it is completely honest and they respect that.

I am a huge advocate for breastfeeding as the health benefits are insane (for both mother and baby) - so breasts have always been known in our house as important to feed baby.

I explained it simple -"I've decided that I am going to have my boobs fixed by surgery to replace the fat I have lost since you were babies" They are not stupid - they know I have no boobs and that other women they see have lots more than me.

My 4 yr old said in his cute little way "so mummy, now you want fatty boobs?!"

We all laughed when I said yes!

Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by KA1813 6th March 2013, 4:26 pm

Boodreams that is great and a good way of telling them truthfully. My oldest is only 3 but he's very observant so will notice mummy has suddenly got big boobies lol. Im just going to say the booby fairy came just like the dummy/tooth fairy x
KA1813
KA1813
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 6th March 2013, 4:37 pm

hi yeah I had 365cc unders moderate profile and started with nothing really nothing at all and was in a 36dd after op (im normally a 32 band) then went to a 34dd now a 32e sports bra and 32e bikinis fit but ive not been fitted properly as im not dropping as quick as surgeon would like but im noticing changes happening now

Some days i like my size others i feel they are way too small but the only think that makes it easier is i have the biggest that would fit, sometimes i think they look too roung but im hoping when i drop i get more of a slope xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 6th March 2013, 4:40 pm

boodreams im with you all for breast feeding and as i always have prems know how important it is but unfortunatly cause i have prems my milk doesnt last long or doesnt come in at all so we have told mia our eldest, she asked what i was doing once when i was expressing, that its important but if you cant do it when older not to worry as i was gutted and sank into depression when i couldnt continue to give my milk, imlike you in away tell them like it is

but as i didnt want everyone knowing i had my boobs done if i told mia the world would know lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 6th March 2013, 4:54 pm

Love the comments from those that have told their kids, so cute. x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 6th March 2013, 4:56 pm

I didn't tell my children, my oldest was 6 and easily accepted me saying I'd hurt my back and chest so the Dr had put a bandage on it.
That's 2 and a half years ago and if I did it again now she's nearly 9 I still don't think I'd tell her, it totally depends on the child, whether they'd worry about an operation or tell everyone at school. I just found it easier to be vague with mine. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 6th March 2013, 9:22 pm

KA1813 - you're going to see the booby fairy very very soon! Congrats.

Tinkerbell - I didn't intend to make anyone who was unable or chose not to breastfeed, feel bad. I know not everyone can or even wants to and I'm really sorry you didn't have the experience you hoped for.

I meant to explain that my kids equate boobs with milk and it was along those lines that I decided to explain my BA. My eldest especially, remembers me as a 34C feeding her baby brother, and now all of that is gone. There's no way at their age that they wouldn't notice the change;) Like - they are going to have to revise the innocent joke that daddy has bigger boobs than mommy!! Ha

Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by ajm81 6th March 2013, 10:35 pm

I have 3 boys with my eldest being 13 and my other 2 are 8 years and a baby of 18months, I didn't tell my two older boys as I felt my eldest is at an age where he might be embarrassed (although think teenagers are embarrassed by their parents anyway lol) I just said to them I had hurt my back and they didn't question that at all however the eldest did ask me if I had "like 3 bra's on " the other day as I don't have boobs haha! I will tell him if he asks but I just feel he is at an awkward age and he is friendly with a lot of my friends kids and I feel if they all knew they would def tease him as kids do and I don't want him to have to deal with that, the middle one hasn't even noticed suppose that's boys for u x
ajm81
ajm81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballet babe 7th March 2013, 1:22 pm

Hi, this is an interesting read for me, I am still deciding what to do! I too breast fed my four children but wear padded bras mainly just now. Luckily my youngest wont know anything, but my 2 middle ones will likely be way more interested in where I am overnight and why I am then in bed with pillows round me and Daddy is off work doing all the domestic stuff!!! (AJM I may borrow your "hurt my back" line!) I probably dont need to say anything about boobs to my 4 year old although am sure he will make some comment if I am in a bikini down the line but maybe not! My worry is my 8yr old daughter, she will not be fobbed off as easily. I worry about influencing her body image views, ie Mummy had surgery to look better/feel more attractive, what if she has small breasts down the line she may not feel beautiful??!!. I think I will explain to her afterwards from a medical view point that breast feeding meant that my breasts were left with a lot of loose skin and asymmetry as well as a lot of fatty tissue in my underarm (I am having this excised at the same time) and that it was not about having large boobs (although thats what I want!) but fixing the problems that I got breastfeeding. Oh buts its all so complicated what if I put her off breast feeding lol!!?!! I still dont know what to say to her, but I will have to think of something!!!x
Ballet babe
Ballet babe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 13th March 2013, 11:28 pm

Lovely to read this, and thank you boodreams for leading me to this. I breastfed both my kids for a year each and since my lill'uns give me no privacy, I do tell them that they finished off my boobs, when they ask- as they can see that my boobies are smaller than everyone elses lol.
I think boodreams, you are going about it in a very smart and honest way, and I applaud that. But I don't want to tell them for the same reasons as most ladies here, i.e. school broadcast and body image. I was thinking to go about it in a 'hurt my back' excuse at first and then when they see my new additions, I'd say that it's cuz I've been going to the gym, taking vitamins and eating all my food lol. Hopefully, they'll think it's muscle so will encourage both my kiddies to finish their food!!!. xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down