Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

telling the GP

2 posters

Go down

telling the GP Empty telling the GP

Post by Kxx 31st May 2012, 1:49 pm

My GP is lovley and she was the one i went to see to ask her to refer me to the BC family history clinic.

I feel like a bit of a fraud now telling her im having a BA, like if i was that worried about BC i wouldnt have it done etc????

It seems stupid doesnt it bt i dont want her thinking that she referred me and now im going to have this done.

My way of thinking was get this sorted before the BA if you get me!!

In all likleyhood they would never offer me a mastectomy as ive only had one person in my family with BC, my mum at 43.

She did warn me that if i was found to be high enough risk i would be offered a full mastectomy and histarectomy.

We're more looking into it as the amount of women in my already tiny family is super small.

Any ideas what would happen if i got BS after having a BA?

If i was to have a mastectomy would they have to remove my impalnts or just get rid of all my breast tissue.

Sorry for the long one girls xxxxx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

telling the GP Empty Re: telling the GP

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2012, 2:01 pm

If the worst came to the worst sweetheart and you did have to have a full mastectomy, then they could after your healing reconstruct the breast and put your implant back in. It's amazing how sureons to reconstruct the breast now babes, so you would always have that option open to you.

Telling your GP.... I'd just be honest hun, you've done nothing wrong... years ago BAs and other cosmetic procedures were hushed up and no-one ever discussed such things, but it's very different today and almost become an acceptable part of society to change what we don't like if you can afford to do so... So don't be ashamed or carry any guilt for your BA babe, be proud of them and just explain to your GP about your surgery and then they can advice you the best ways to self check, and to scan for any signs of breast cancer with implants.

Hope everything goes OK at the breast clinic sweetness Hug xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 31st May 2012, 2:23 pm

I know its silly ive been researching so much every spare second that i get and i know implants dont increase your risk of BC and i know that they can even help you to find any lumps sooner sometimes as they push the breast tissue forward.

I surpose what i want the clinic to say is that they will do me yearly mamograms.

My mums cancer was not a lump but an area and i think this makes it more dangerous as its not contained to the lump.

Im going to take a signed authority with me saying that they can acsess my mums files to check details etc.

Also they only found my mums BC as it was behind a cist that she used to commonly get after having a mamogram to check the cist.

It worries me if i dont get the cists that i wouldnt feel a lump because it would be an area.

I desperatley want them to say they will check me every 12 months.

I dont know what else i can say to get them to do it appart from that its stressing me out so much
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 31st May 2012, 2:23 pm

appointments 21 june so hopefully earlier enough to sort out before my BA :)
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2012, 3:03 pm

C'mere babe Hug Like you've said a BA isn't going to increase your risk of breast cancer so your only concern now is monitoring...

Just go and place lots of emphasis on this babe, given your family history i can't see that they'd put up too much of a fight. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 1st June 2012, 6:37 am

thanks cookie xxxxxx
Kxx
Kxx