Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you/are you telling people

+41
Nyssa-H
Farley
sampowell
lit19lulu
Alishajay
cherryblossom
bentley936
lauren_125
hollyolivarria
minxy106
kittenswithoutmittens
Rae10
HighMaintainance
alfie
angbabyxx
charls87
Newbie 251
sassylady
amyamyf
Rach26
ms_laaloo
jellytot1
TeresaMaree
alice111
Loubyroo
lindylou22
sherri9871
lovestruckromeo
carolyn77
Malibu
LauraJN
carol_s
minxie
Phoebe
misf1
candycain
elleblondie
kaboobie
sammi35
deflated
serenade
45 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did you/are you telling people - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you/are you telling people

Post by serenade 20th February 2011, 9:49 pm

lindylou22 wrote:I also think, why stress yourself out about telling people about it before it's done? Just do it, and then worry about them finding out afterwards. I mean, what can they really say about it once you've already done it?! That way, there isn't any pressure from anybody that can put you off!

I love it, that's what I will be doing!
serenade
serenade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Did you/are you telling people - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you/are you telling people

Post by lindylou22 20th February 2011, 11:30 pm

LoubyRoo - that's exactly what I'm planning on happening to me!

Welcome to the "tell-no one" club serenade, lol. It's a fun place to be, we have our own little secret going on!! I actually do feel a bit like I have an alternate life going on that people don't know about. Underneath my normal clothes, I'm going to have my super-boobs!!

My M-I-L is lovely in so many ways, but she is very strongly opinionated. I've always been friendly with her, but in an intimidated sort of way lol (I'm a big chicken). I never ever say no to her, or disagree with her or anything like that. She likes me a lot so she'd be massively disappointed in me if she found out.

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by serenade 20th February 2011, 11:45 pm

lindylou22 wrote:Welcome to the "tell-no one" club serenade, lol. It's a fun place to be, we have our own little secret going on!! I actually do feel a bit like I have an alternate life going on that people don't know about. Underneath my normal clothes, I'm going to have my super-boobs!!

It is fun! I'd rather keep it low key because I hate gossip and opinions. I do sort of hope people notice though, in a way I'd be quite disappointed if people who know me well or see me a lot don't notice. Is that contradicting myself?

lol
serenade
serenade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deflated 21st February 2011, 12:00 am

im not scared of telling the other people serenade , and the more i think about it the less i care about the reaction i get back from them. I could not be happier with my desion to go ahead with surgery and im so delighted with the results.i dought my friends will notice i have always wore gel bras that brought me up to my current size. it just annoys me when people think the world is full of barbies and want implants to be noticed.
A friend of mine went and got a full set of veneers why because she hated her teeth, but yet she could not understand why i would want implants, and she is the first person to gossip about any one doing anything. so yes i guess i dont want her to know because im not goin to be the gossip on her list. right or wrong girls i dont know but hey im happy for the first time in my self i ten years
deflated
deflated
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by alice111 21st February 2011, 12:21 am

Hello all you gorgeous girlies!

I know exactly where you're all coming from. wee all hate gossip...but hey gossip is envy. I cant remember someone mentioned they get funny reaction or something when they even wear lipstick to work?
Join the club girlfriend! I get comments if i wear a full face of makeup but a girls gotta do what makes her feel good!
Just remember its about you not about them and their envy girlies!

I actually wear a gel bra, then i put extra gel fillets in, but recently as i know ill be going bigger in a few months time, Ive added an extra fillet. Reason being so that it doesnt look noticable from before...plus am startin a new job girls, so better to let them think im big chested naturally so no one will know when ive had mine done!

Having breasts is a sign of being attractive...others only talk because they want what you have. I know we do it for ourselves but since ive been padding my bras...men seem to be like putty....enjoy that power your new boobs give you! The power of being more confident and body happy...always attracts attention enjoy it! Even the most beautiful women are gossiped about, its just envy or narrow mindedness. show off your curves, cus you plucked up the courage to get them and you paid for them! You don't have to tell people if you dont want to, just laugh it off like theyve made a joke and walk off lol! xxxx
alice111
alice111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by TeresaMaree 21st February 2011, 5:06 am

My friends, workmates and close family know. My mum told some of my other family and I am so angry!If I want them to know I will tell them! I suppose its because of the fear that Im just doing it to have big boobs!Its not!AGH damn mum
TeresaMaree
TeresaMaree
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by serenade 21st February 2011, 7:45 am

deflated wrote:im not scared of telling the other people serenade , and the more i think about it the less i care about the reaction i get back from them. I could not be happier with my desion to go ahead with surgery and im so delighted with the results. right or wrong girls i dont know but hey im happy for the first time in my self i ten years

That's fantastic that you're happy with it huni and that's what counts!! You tell 'em!

alice111 wrote:I know exactly where you're all coming from. wee all hate gossip...but hey gossip is envy. I cant remember someone mentioned they get funny reaction or something when they even wear lipstick to work?
Join the club girlfriend! I get comments if i wear a full face of makeup but a girls gotta do what makes her feel good!
Just remember its about you not about them and their envy girlies!

I actually wear a gel bra, then i put extra gel fillets in, but recently as i know ill be going bigger in a few months time, Ive added an extra fillet. Reason being so that it doesnt look noticable from before...plus am startin a new job girls, so better to let them think im big chested naturally so no one will know when ive had mine done!

Having breasts is a sign of being attractive...others only talk because they want what you have. I know we do it for ourselves but since ive been padding my bras...men seem to be like putty....enjoy that power your new boobs give you! The power of being more confident and body happy...always attracts attention enjoy it! Even the most beautiful women are gossiped about, its just envy or narrow mindedness. show off your curves, cus you plucked up the courage to get them and you paid for them! You don't have to tell people if you dont want to, just laugh it off like theyve made a joke and walk off lol! xxxx

I guess I am fortunate in working somewhere where you can be very extravagetly feminine wearing a full face and no-one bats an eyelid.

That's a great idea about the gel fillets, I wish I had thought of that! I guess this whole thing has come around quite quickly since I have saved the money so there's no time now!

I'm glad you mentioned the power, is it a bad thing that I am looking forward to that? Not the power of boobs just the power of confidence in yourself and your looks? Ok and the power of boobs!

TeresaMaree wrote:My friends, workmates and close family know. My mum told some of my other family and I am so angry!If I want them to know I will tell them! I suppose its because of the fear that Im just doing it to have big boobs!Its not!AGH damn mum

You raise a very good point! I'm not telling extended family and I'd be quite annoyed if my parents told them. I better mention that to them, I think they'll respect my wishes.
serenade
serenade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 21st February 2011, 9:04 am

I had such a bad reaction from the first close friend I told, that I didn't risk telling many other people. She kept sending me texts saying I was mad for putting my body through surgery and that I wasn't flat chested, even when I text her after the op letting her know all had gone well, she replied that I was self indulgent. I have only spoken to her on the phone since I had it done at Xmas and she has never once asked how "they" are doing - meeting up for a meal tomorrow evening with our hubbys - I really hope she can be supportive and admit that they do look nice and in proportion, as before in her texts she said she would be calling me Jordan or Pammie!

I have told more people since my BA as I am just soooooo pleased but I haven't told my husband's sisters and their families and probably won't now, unless someone brings it up as one of his sister's has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by ms_laaloo 21st February 2011, 9:31 am

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

thats funny ....i dont know how many ........... lets count

my sisters ofcourse .............my freinds 3 of them only ...and my bf ... felt it he said ((did u implemnt stones inside )) kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

but i am not tell any one more cuz ...my old ones was big ..so no one can tell the difference
ms_laaloo
ms_laaloo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 21st February 2011, 10:12 am

I've told my parents, and a few mates. I havent told my in laws, mainly cos I don't speak to them or see them, but also cos hubby doesnt really want them to know cos it will give them another thing to moan about!!!!
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 21st February 2011, 10:43 am

Such a shame that jealous nasty people can make girls feel guilty about something that should be a very happy experience for us. If only they really understood what it is like to hate what nature has provided us with. Sod um all!!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by alice111 21st February 2011, 12:56 pm

Hey Serenade! and all you girlies...

I think i would tell my parents and sisters and brother, and maybe some close friends and boyfriend...but no one else..as they all think i have big boobs anyway cus i always wear gel bras lol.
My sisters and mum have no problem with me wanting them done, they understand, my bf does do so thats a bonus. Not going to tell my dad until ....maybe after the op?!!!!! lol dads are the always the hardest ppl to tell i think!

About the power boobs can give us, well i think its amazing lol, use it to your advantage!!! Ok so you will defo turn more heads...but i think thats a great thing! Enjoy the attention you give yourself infront of that mirror and enjoy the positive attention you get from others!

As for negatve attention...in one ear ..out the other, it doesnt count because its envy! Sod em! When you have what ppl want...they hate you for it...simple! xxxxxxxxxx
alice111
alice111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by amyamyf 21st February 2011, 5:10 pm

I'm just telling my mum dad brother, sister and best friends... everyone else can just assume i've grown :S!
amyamyf
amyamyf
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by sassylady 21st February 2011, 5:16 pm

i only told my hubby and thats the way im keeping it, people around me would not be very understanding at all!

Iwas wearing chicken fillets for years and years so think most people think ive got at least a full C Cup (was a flat B)

Been back to work just over a week and nobody has seemed to notice.(work with a lot of doctors so was bit concerned)

im wearing loose shirts which really seem to help disguise the chest.

look like my normal self to everyone else, but finaly look like how i feel to me!!!!! Flash
sassylady
sassylady
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 21st February 2011, 5:30 pm

Do you have a little smile to yourself when you are talking to your friends at work and think to yourself "If only you knew" :teehee:
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by sassylady 21st February 2011, 7:31 pm

carol_s wrote:Do you have a little smile to yourself when you are talking to your friends at work and think to yourself "If only you knew" :teehee:
xx

all the time lol Sometimes have a mad urge to rip my shirt open and say Tadaaaaaaa pmsl

they are nice people to work with but under no illusions about how i would become the topic of office gossip for months and months, dosent help that most of them are Psychiatrists!! xx
sassylady
sassylady
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by serenade 21st February 2011, 7:56 pm

jellytot1 wrote:I had such a bad reaction from the first close friend I told, that I didn't risk telling many other people. She kept sending me texts saying I was mad for putting my body through surgery and that I wasn't flat chested, even when I text her after the op letting her know all had gone well, she replied that I was self indulgent.... I have told more people since my BA as I am just soooooo pleased but I haven't told my husband's sisters and their families and probably won't now, unless someone brings it up as one of his sister's has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Sorry to hear that! That's nasty about your friend, you'd hope they would be more supportive!

Phoebe wrote:Such a shame that jealous nasty people can make girls feel guilty about something that should be a very happy experience for us. If only they really understood what it is like to hate what nature has provided us with. Sod um all!!!!

Exactly! That's why I'm not telling people before-hand. Half of them probably won't notice a thing anyway!

alice111 wrote:Hey Serenade! and all you girlies...

I think i would tell my parents and sisters and brother, and maybe some close friends and boyfriend...but no one else..as they all think i have big boobs anyway cus i always wear gel bras lol.
My sisters and mum have no problem with me wanting them done, they understand, my bf does do so thats a bonus. Not going to tell my dad until ....maybe after the op?!!!!! lol dads are the always the hardest ppl to tell i think!

About the power boobs can give us, well i think its amazing lol, use it to your advantage!!! Ok so you will defo turn more heads...but i think thats a great thing! Enjoy the attention you give yourself infront of that mirror and enjoy the positive attention you get from others!

As for negatve attention...in one ear ..out the other, it doesnt count because its envy! Sod em! When you have what ppl want...they hate you for it...simple! xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya huni, thanks for the post =O) I agree with you on every count. Having riced myself up this evening I can't wait to have that proper shape, for myself so I look how I want to in clothes but also maybe for a bit of attention too!

sassylady wrote: I look like my normal self to everyone else, but finaly look like how i feel to me!!!!! Flash

Great way of putting it, looking how you feel!

carol_s wrote:Do you have a little smile to yourself when you are talking to your friends at work and think to yourself "If only you knew" :teehee:
xx

*grin* I smile to myself randomly enough as it is, no-one would be any the wiser! Shifty
serenade
serenade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 22nd February 2011, 10:09 am

This may sound crazy but I didn't tell a soul until after my op. I had a bump removed from my nose several years ago and made the mistake of telling a few people. Those few people told another few people and next thing you know, I felt that everyone knew and I became "that girl who had the nose job". I may have just been a bit paranoid but that's how I felt. Leading up to the surgery, the only person who I had discussed my op with was my consultant, the nurse and patient coordinator. I did not feel as though I needed anyone else to talk to. After my previous op, I have become more of a person who likes to keep things to myself. I felt much more comfortable going into surgery not having to worry who was saying what or judging me. I didn't tell my mum prior to surgery as I did not want the stress of her trying to talk me out of it. I told my mum, dad and brother after surgery when I came home and they were fine about it. My mum was a bit shocked that I hadn't told her prior to the surgery but she understood why. I haven't told anyone else and I am much happier that way. I could not cope with feeling like I did after my last op, constantly worrying what other people were thinking and/or saying behind my back. I only had small implants 230 cc so they don't look much different under normal clothing. It's so nice to be able to chat to people on here who understand and give supportive advice and information. That has satisfied any urge to "tell someone or talk to someone" about the op xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by charls87 22nd February 2011, 10:29 am

Im Pre BA..And so far the only people that know are my boyfriend and 1 friend who has had a BA(she didnt tell anyone until afterwards so i know she will keep it quiet).

I still live with my parents and mentioned it to my mum in passsing and she just laughed it off! Gave it 'yeah right, i'll believe it when i see it!!' Its alright for her shes 47 and got the chest of a young busty 20yr old and all natural! I dont know how shes managed it after 4 kids! My mum does know my hang ups about my boobs, but I know she doesnt actually think i'll ever act upon it.

My boyfriend has givien it the whole 'your perfect as you are' but on the same hand he has said he'll be welcoming my new jugs with open arms!! TYPICAL!! But he has been an absloute hero about the whole situation!! He understands my frustrations and wants whatever makes me happy!

But im happy with nobody knowing just yet!! I work in a male dominated office and im pretty sure they will notice a new pair of jugs in the office a mile off..But we will wait and see...!! xx
charls87
charls87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 22nd February 2011, 11:34 am

I told my mum and sister and they were very supportive. I told some friends too - after the op, but everyone has been great. I don't think I've had any negative comments, thankfully. x
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 22nd February 2011, 12:40 pm

I only told hubby, one close friend and my boss (because I needed the time off work). I couldn't have told my parents, even though I was 45, they wouldn't have approved, so what they don't know about can't harm them. I didn't even tell my children. I don't look massively different so no-one has noticed. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi35 22nd February 2011, 1:57 pm

hi newbie 251 sorry i dont kno your name .

i noticed you said u had small implants im just wondering what size they brought you to,

thanks sammi xx
sammi35
sammi35
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 22nd February 2011, 5:55 pm

I told only a few friends before i did it and they were quite supportive. I didn't want to tell people because of the judgement and i wanted to stay focussed and not overhype the situation so it would be easier for me to go through. Now i've told a few more ppl but i'm very selective over who i tell. The men I've told are mostly gay. There are a lot of Turkish guys at my work and there was nooooo way i wanted them to find out. I hate the sleaze factor surrounding the idea of fake boobs. In fact i don't like how men behave about them in general. My idea was the less ppl i told the less drama there would be but i wanted to be honest about it so I was very selective about who i let know.

Some ppl just tell a few ppl about it because it gives it an heir of dignity, maturity and privacy. And there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone's entitled to this. Some people know they will be labelled by others as 'the girl with the fake tits' and they don't want that. So not telling is a practical way to avoid this slur. What I don't like, but can understand, is when you didn't tell people because you somehow felt guilty and ashamed.

Your boobs aren't everybody else's business. You don't have to tell people. You don't have to confess. If your aim is to keep a certain amount of dignity and maintain your privacy then it's reasonable you limit the number of people you inform.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by serenade 22nd February 2011, 7:08 pm

Thanks for the insights girls!

Not telling a lot of people seems to be the norm and I can totally understand why. I work in a male dominated office too and reckon they may well notice but I'm not going to tell them. If they ask I won't deny it. I generally manage to steer clear of gossip and if I am branded the girl with fake boobs well, I'd rather have fake ones I was happy with than real ones I hate!

I told my Boss and Team Leader today. I didn't say exactly what I was having done, just that it was cosmetic and I wouldn't be able to do any lifting for a bit. I guess they worked it out from that. They were fine with it though.
serenade
serenade
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 23rd February 2011, 11:17 am

Hi Sammi, I was an average 34 B before the op. By no means a full B, I think. I always wore gel and padded bras etc. I had 230cc partial unders. After the op, I was wearing a 34C sports bra with a snug fit. Prior to getting measured just before my 6 week check, I bought a push up type bra from Peacocks 34C and noticed that I was sort of bulging out up top. I had my 6 week check with my consultant (a female doctor). She measured me and said I was 34D!!!!!! She said some shops might say C but others would say D. She said if I was wearing a 32 inch band, I would be DD!!! I went to Sainsburys that night, still not believing I could be a D. I tried on C and D push up/cleavage type bras and found that the D was a much better fit. I am really happy with the results as after the op, I was happy being even a C nevermind a D. I don't look huge with clothes etc but once I take the clothes off, the results speak for themselves!!! xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next