Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre Op - Telling People!

+5
icecream
karleyxxx
cazalino
mariaelaina
mollyjaynesaunders
9 posters

Go down

Pre Op - Telling People! Empty Pre Op - Telling People!

Post by mollyjaynesaunders 31st July 2012, 8:46 am

Hi Guys!! Im am a pre op newby on here and just had a few questions! How do i tell my family and friends? Also, will massaging my boobs help in any way before the surgery?? Id love to hear what you guys think and get some advice!! Thanks :)
mollyjaynesaunders
mollyjaynesaunders
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Pre Op - Telling People! Empty Re: Pre Op - Telling People!

Post by mariaelaina 31st July 2012, 9:00 am

Welcome to the forum! Pre Op - Telling People! 773440

When telling people I think it depends on how liberal they are and/or if they're half expecting you to come out with it. With my family they had absolutely no idea and didn't really understand why I wanted it. They spent a long time trying to convince me out of it and the topic was the subject of many arguments. That said I know a girl who told her Mum about getting a BA and they went and did it together! So I think how you tell you family is up to you as you know them far better than we do! How do you think they'll react? Is it something you think would be fine to slip casually into a conversation or would it be a bigger deal than that to them?

Good luck in your journey Pre Op - Telling People! 48411
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 31st July 2012, 9:25 am

Telling ur friends should b easy enough, U could arrange a girly night go for a meal n tell them all at the same time, I bet U find that they want one!
With regards to family I would say confide in someone who U know will support U then have them there as support when U tell every one else
Good luck and welcome to the forum x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by karleyxxx 31st July 2012, 9:27 am

I have my op in 3 days and I still havn't told pretty much all of my family.

All my friends and the guys at work know though and they were all very understanding xxx
karleyxxx
karleyxxx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by icecream 31st July 2012, 9:37 am

Just like karleyxxx, I have my op in 2 days and I've only told 3 people.

My husband of course knows about it. Only 1 person from work knows, I couldn't care less about my other co-workers. And I briefly told my mom that I'm going for a plastic surgery procedure, but didn't go into detail because I know she'll be opposed to it completely. I can't imagine what she'll say when she sees them the day after! But I think i'll cross that bridge when I get there!

I don't think I'll be bragging about it after either, but I wouldn't deny it if they ask me. It would be too obvious to deny anyway.
icecream
icecream
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2012, 11:13 am

Hello and welcome to BJSF Molly Pre Op - Telling People! 399357

mollyjaynesaunders wrote:How do i tell my family and friends?

It's entirely up to you Molly. Don't feel obligated to tell anyone you'd rather choose not to though and that includes your friends and family if you'd rather keep it quiet lovely.

If you're happy to discuss your BA, then you know your friends and family best and you'll instinctively know how best to approach this hun.

When I told my parents I just went over as I usually do for a cuppa and simply told them in conversation. They weren't at all happy but I wasn't concerned about that, the BA was for me and not for them and I didn't go to them seeking their approval, I just felt I personally wanted them to know. When I had my second surgery though, I completely kept it to myself, my husband and my kids.

When telling friends, if you'd rather it didn't go any further, I'd choose which friends you tell very carefully because some do have a habit of enjoying passing on a little gossip, some not doing it in a mean way, but all the same, it can be very upsetting if your secret gets out, so only tell those you trust with all your heart hun.

And do remember when telling your friends and family that this surgery is for YOU. You've already made the decision, so you aren't looking to have their opinion, just a bit of support hun.

Also, will massaging my boobs help in any way before the surgery?? Id love to hear what you guys think and get some advice!! Thanks :)

Massaging moisturiser into your breasts pre-op is a great way to prepare them for surgery Pre Op - Telling People! 1978086825 making the skin as supple as possible will really help the skin as it stretches over the new implant and will reduce the risk of you getting any possible stretch marks. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NBD 16 July 2012 31st July 2012, 1:36 pm

I told everyone as I didn't want the mums at the school gates whispering about whether or not I'd had it done! I also figured it would get over any initial embarrassment I may feel seeing people for the first time with my new boobs. So really I told them for my own benefit rather than theirs! Since having the job i havent been able to resist sending a few good friends topless photos of the new additions as am just sooo excited! I imagine it's a very personal decision though.
NBD 16 July 2012
NBD 16 July 2012
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 31st July 2012, 2:03 pm

welcome :)
i only told my fiancee , my mum and dad and my fiancees dad. till i woke up from the op and then my mum let the family know. everyone knows what it means to me and i got a really lovely response :) everyone knows about them, im not shy and very proud i didnt like something so changed it :) x
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 31st July 2012, 8:30 pm

You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to. I've only told my closest friends and family. My mom has been a huge support and went to my first consultation with the surgeon I chose when she was visiting me xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down