Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling people

+14
kat89
barbiegirl
madrigle66
surferosa
rache1976
*Alice*
suzi73
mariaelaina
Cat007
Nepoly
roxanne
Trisha.28
EmmaArden
luluthefirst
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telling people Empty Telling people

Post by luluthefirst 16th March 2012, 1:30 pm

Hello everyone

Just wondering who you told / who you will tell.

And why :)

I've only told my OH and one friend. It's not that I'm hiding it from otehr people but I don't really know how to bring it up in general conversation. And I've not told my parents because I don't really see a need to.

Though of course if my family notice afterwards and ask me I would say yes and I'd explain the reasons why...Telling people 267328

What about you?!xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Telling people Empty Re: Telling people

Post by EmmaArden 17th March 2012, 12:08 am

Oh god, this is one for me!

I wanted to tell people i wanted to tell, because Im an open person and I like to talk about things and for people to help me make decisions becuase I find it hard to make decisions. So i told my close friends and my mum and dad.
Well, this just spread like wildfire and has gone through my entire family becuase people dont like to keep things to themselves and people who i dont know, know!

I also told 3 people who i work with incase I had an unfortunate situation and something went wrong with the operation and this has now been told to the manager (who i really do not wanting to know, hes the type of man to be suggestive about it and rude which i will not be happy about) so i dont know who else it has got to?!

My suggestion is just keep it to youself to be honest unless you dont mind people knowing and its something that youre going to love! I personaly didnt want people knowing just the close people in my life I wish i just went in by myself and told nobody as you can tell they have gone a bit bigger, but for all they know i could have put a chicken fillet in my bra!

What ever decision you make im sure it will be the right one xx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha.28 17th March 2012, 12:21 am

Only my husband and my sister inlaw know and no one else needs to know also I don't dare tell any of my family thay would be descusted in me!!! but HAY HO!! it's my life and I choose to do what I want as long as my husband know then it's fine xxx I don't think I've even got the balls to confess if thay ask after I've had it done lol
Trisha.28
Trisha.28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 17th March 2012, 8:21 am

I've decided to keep it quiet. Most people I know here are not very familiar with this kind of thing, and that means they have certain preconceptions already. I'm not going big, so people may not notice anyhow, and if they do ask, well I might be honest about it with a selective few after the fact only if they bring it up.

I've told some friends and family members from back home though, because they've been through it already, are totally understanding. They are all far away though, we keep in contact by skype, phone a fb. Thank goodness for technology. They have been a huge support, my mom's been super, she even came for the first consult with the ps I've chosen with me when she came to visit.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 17th March 2012, 8:54 am

Morning! I told my husband and 3 of my girlfriends as I dont want loads of people to know and I didnt want lots of opinions either! A couple of days beforehand I told a couple more of my girlfriends and they were all really supportive which was great and I am glad I did cos it means loads when your friends all text you to wish you luck and then want the post op pics emailing to them!! I havent told anyone on the work side.....they all think I have a bad back and that is fine with me :) do whatever is best for you. Xx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat007 17th March 2012, 9:21 am

Only my husband and sister know. Although I wanted to tell everyone because I was excited, I knew that if I couldn't keep it to myself, I could hardly expect other people to. I didn't want everyone knowing, and to constantly have to be telling people all about and answering all their questions and dealing with all their opinions. Now that I've had the op, it is not noticeable with the sports bra on anyway, and if I get asked by anyone I'll just say its a great new push-up bra and leave it at that! x
Cat007
Cat007
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 17th March 2012, 9:56 am

EmmaArden - that's pretty much exactly what I'm worried about!

And I don't want to tell someone and be like 'but don't tell anyone' cos that makes it look like I'm ashamed of what i'm doing. I'm not, I just don't want to have to explain myself...

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 17th March 2012, 12:12 pm

I'm pre BA at the minute but have told my boyfriend and both of my parents. Not an easy conversation but they're all supporting me through it.

Personally, I am a really open person and wouldn't mind who knows. I know its not particularly "classy" or whatever to be so open but I'd rather put "just had a boob job" as my facebook status, than walk into lectures and have every looking but not mentioning it. I'd hate for my boob job to be some massive elephant in the room that everyone was scared to mention.

BUT my boyfriend has said that he doesn't want me to put it online or tell loads of people because that'll make me a "target" (whatever that means). So i'll have to respect his wishes but if anyone does ask me i'll happily tell them and don't really mind who finds out.
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 17th March 2012, 1:15 pm

I sort of had the same perspective as Mariaelaina because people will have questions so i wanted to tell the people who i wanted to tell. But as i said, people like to talk about it, maybe not in a nasty way, but brought up in general conversationand this is how it spreads about. I dont mind people knowing though, I just dont want nasty things being said about me and making me feel "fake" Im not the type of person to be showing off my new bad boys Flash
I think it depends on the type of person you are. If you dont mind people asking you and random people knowing about it then tell people. If you dont want this, dont tell people as they really do not need to know! - i wish i made this decision, never mind,its happened now!
xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 17th March 2012, 3:54 pm

my husband new about my BA as he came to all the consultations with me and helped choose the right ps, i also told my 3 children and my parents.
As my change was going to be very noticeable i did tell my closest friends too, on my surgery day tho many friends put good luck messages on my FB page but didnt actually mention what they wer saying good luck to!! But then after i had put on my statues that i was home and all went well one friend let the cat out of the bag and put "hope your happy with yr new boobies" so now everyone knows but you know wot i dont care yipee
i hav my new boobies and i cant wait till summer to show them off to all and sundry Flash

suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 18th March 2012, 12:57 pm

A couple of my friends knew and encouraged me to tell my Mum. I waited until after I'd had the consultation to tell her because I didn't want her influencing my decision until I was 100% sure. Fortunately she was really understanding and said she could totally see it from my point of view because like me, she wasn't gifted in that area either!

It's not something I find embarrassing or feel that I should be ashamed about, some girls are blessed naturally and others have to take it into their own hands! Since then I've told a handful of friends and they've all been supportive. I've been seeing someone new for the past month or two but he has no idea, if he decides he doesn't like me as I am now then he won't deserve me £4000 later! :) x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by rache1976 18th March 2012, 1:39 pm

My husband and Mum & Dad know and a couple of friends but haven't told anyone I work with yet and don't think I will. But what do you say if someone notices after you've had the op? Awkward moment?!!! xx
rache1976
rache1976
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by surferosa 18th March 2012, 2:07 pm

I've told almost everyone as they will know anyway later on. Don't want to turn up at work with massive boobs all of a sudden. I think it's better if people are prepared. The only ones I haven't dared to tell yet, are my very old fashioned and opinionated grandparents. I'm afraid they are going to take me out of their will lol.
surferosa
surferosa
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by madrigle66 18th March 2012, 5:56 pm

Telling people 156694 Well 20 years ago when I had my first op. i told a few close friends but NOT mum and dad as I know they woulf have been so against it given it was an operation etc etc. Now I am away to have a re op and again my mum is getting told I'm away for a work thing for a week !(feel really bad lying but really couldn't face the grief if she knew the truth plus she would really worry) so i figure what she doesnt know wont hurt her ?!Telling people 267328 anyway again only a couple of very close pals know. I think its best keeping it like that personally.

As for people wondering I've heard of a few girls who have increasingly padded their bras over several months before their op so people didn't really notice so much...most folk are too polite to ask anyway LOL they just secretly wonder .....?

First time I had it done I went from an A to a C cup 260cc and noone noticed which suited me fine. i think if its not HUGE boobs your getting noone would really notice if you choose to play things down
madrigle66
madrigle66
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 18th March 2012, 7:57 pm

I told everyone and didnt care who knew or what they thought to be honest, but thats just me, the only person i didnt tell until after i had it done was my mum because she would have been freaking out about me going through an operation in case anything went wrong, i didnt want to scare her so waited until afterwards, shes ok about me having done it.

One of my "friends" for years was a right cheeky so and so about it, to be honest i think she was jeleous, ive not heard from her for about 3 months as she decided not to ever talk to me again if i went ahead with it..and so it happened, her loss, if she cant accept me they way i am she can get lost. During my worst pain last week one of my sisters wasnt very supportive saying that the pain was self inflicted so wasnt worthy or any sympathy from her! Ill remember that next time she's in any pain....no sympathy from me!

To be honest my sisters comments made me think, loads of women in the world decide to have babies, when in labour youre in pain, right? So it was the girls decision to go through the pain, yes? And yet people feel sorry for the woman in labour and not if youre in pain after youve just had BA surgery? mmmmm Sorry for the rant but i done understand how anyone can walk away from someone in pain and say its self inflicted! How rude!

Sorry for the rant lol! Everyone in work have been brilliant, if anyone doesnt like my decision then they are no friend of mine! I would be happy to see someone getting off their a*se doing some positive action to improve their life rather than just say "what if" and "i wish id done that", you only life once!

xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by madrigle66 18th March 2012, 8:28 pm

Telling people 923101 Well said Barbiegirl !!! totally agree with all your comments !!!Telling people 923101
madrigle66
madrigle66
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madrigle66 18th March 2012, 8:34 pm

Telling people 113752 I forgot to mention in my post earlier that yes, you can come across some jealous (bitchy) and/or very small minded opinionated types of people that you may have thought of as friends but its a great way of weeding them out !! your real friends will be there for you and support your decision whatever and those others well... you really don't need in your life in the first place !! Telling people 571992
madrigle66
madrigle66
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kat89 18th March 2012, 8:52 pm

im pre-BA n i told most people at work and my sisters. im not telling my mum as my other sister had a BA and she went a bit crazy because whats her opion is right and no one else can have a say, im just guna say after 'look mum i got boobs'.

Some people have said 'why?' and i just say because... n they havent asked for more of a explanation. i have told my sisters in more detail why i want one and they completly understand and thats all that matter to me

xx
kat89
kat89
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by madrigle66 18th March 2012, 8:57 pm

Telling people 923101 Good luck with telling her afterwards !! you are braver than me !! I cound't stand the backlash myself I'd much rather be a chicken and not say anything (and I,m in my 40's lol) !! mums can b scary things whatever age u are Telling people 557141 xx
madrigle66
madrigle66
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LM 18th March 2012, 9:01 pm

hey hun, i started telling just few friends and then thought sod it so told everyone at work which woz handy as needed help when first went back. told close family and woz very surprised when both my nan s(at 86 yrs old) said fab and wish they had the opportunity to get it done when they were young! total shock lol. basically everyone was sooooo supportive and so many people think im amazing for being so brave and going for it and getting what i want. like others have said if they are worth anything then they will support u. but its ur choice who u tell if at all.everyones different. i also have been quite open with my kids altho thought very hard how to explain wot and why as not to influence them. think ive only had one negative person who is a friends mum and tbh i couldnt care less wot she thinks. she has big boobs and didnt even stop to ask my reasons so i didnt give them, i really dont care. ive done this for me and i feel so much more confident having something to put in a bra for first time in my life. good luck everyone xxx
LM
LM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 18th March 2012, 9:05 pm

here here barbiegirl!!! thats exactly how i feel, also i think i wld be a bit gutted if no one noticed !! Flash
suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post by Trisha.28 18th March 2012, 9:47 pm

madrigle66 wrote:Telling people 923101 Good luck with telling her afterwards !! you are braver than me !! I cound't stand the backlash myself I'd much rather be a chicken and not say anything (and I,m in my 40's lol) !! mums can b scary things whatever age u are Telling people 557141 xx
hahaha love it im a scardy cat to im not telling at all and if anyone guesses or asks im going to DENY DENY DENY and say its a new extra extra padded push up bra lol im 28 but dont dare tell anyony other then my husband and sister inlaw lol YES i admit it im chicken sh!t lol xxx
Trisha.28
Trisha.28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by madrigle66 19th March 2012, 7:59 am

Telling people 557141 LOL !! Good luck Trisha !! I'm also all for the DENY DENY DENY option - then you'll allways have that "has she or !hasn't she ??" air of mystery Telling people 899188 xxx Its funny how we all deal with these things in our own way and I can understand all the different reasons for it : some wanting to tell everyone and some like me who dont want anyone to notice (which when you write it down does sound a bit bizarre doen't it ?Telling people 869500 ) but the thing is I know they're there !!! ha ha which is all I need to knowTelling people 113752 XXXX (nice to meet another scardy cat too Telling people 557141 !!) xxx
madrigle66
madrigle66
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 19th March 2012, 9:27 am

I announced it to the world on facebook i was proud of my new boobies and wanted to show it off to the bullies that always took the P*ss xx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 19th March 2012, 10:35 am

well said barbiecon yipee
suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict