Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!!

+8
leslie512
Nicolaxxxx
Rach26
jay1983
alfie
misf1
suzie
Soutty123
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!! Empty 9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!!

Post by Soutty123 23rd January 2011, 1:17 pm

Hi

I'm a newbie. I had a breast uplift and augmentation last Friday 14th Jan. I am still very swollen, bruised and sore. I saw my consultant yesterday when he took the dressings off and he seemed happy and said that I could now take my sports bra off to shower.

So...I saw my new boobies for the first time today and one of them is noticeably bigger than the other! My left was always slightly bigger than the right but it was such a subtle difference that it was barely noticeable. My consultant said before my op that it was not worth having different size implants for such a miniscule size difference. My right boob also looks a slightly different shape now - the left one is nice and round and is already starting to soften a bit - the right one is still like a rock and is very swollen and sore at the side (I can feel it bulging under my arm) with less volume at the top. In profile it doesn't look exactly like the left one.

Is this normal??!!!

I booked my op back in July and planned it for winter because I thought it would be easier to hide a sports bra then. I wish I'd found this forum earlier.

If anyone can tell me how long it will be before my boobs "settle" I'd be really grateful. My consultant said it would take about 3-4 months for the swelling to go and for them to completely soften because I've had a mastopexy as well as implants. I've had the full anchor lift.

Oh and what is "fluffing"?
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!! Empty Re: 9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!!

Post by suzie 23rd January 2011, 1:47 pm

Hi Soutty! Welcome to the forum. :-)

Can't really answer from my own experience as I haven't had my BA/uplift yet - but from what I've read about other people - 9 days is really really early. I wouldn't panic yet, particularly as you say your leftie has softened a bit and your rightie hasn't caught up. Give it some time - but if you're really worried, speak to your PS. Do you have a checkup booked soon-ish?
suzie
suzie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!! Empty Re: 9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!!

Post by Soutty123 23rd January 2011, 2:21 pm

Well I only saw him yesterday and I hadn't taken my bra off at that point (been bathing with bra on and washing hair over bath with shower attachment). My next appointment is meant to be on 26 Feb which is 6 weeks post op but my surgeon said he'd like to see in about 3 weeks when I'm 4 weeks post op ideally so I'm going to see if they can make me an appointment any earlier.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd January 2011, 2:25 pm

Hi hun, I've only had a BA, but I can tell you that 9 days is very early. It can take up to a year for boobs to fully settle. It is totally normal for your boobs to look totally different at this stage, they will go through a lot of changes over the weeks and months ahead. You have to treat it as 2 seperate operations, so they can heal at different rates because one may have needed more work etc
I see fluffing as, when you initially have the breast augmentation the implants can sit quite high on your chest no matter whether you have overs/partials or full under the muscle placement. They are very firm during this time. Over the weeks and months the skin stretches and the muscle relaxes (if partial /under placement) the implants drop into a more natural looking position and the breast softens for a more natural feel. During the course of these changes which can seem to happen overnight or over a few days on some occasions where they seem to be high one day and the next one or both implants seem to change all of a sudden. The changes can result in fluffing also known as a sudden increase in bra size, one day your bra fits perfect the next it's uncomfortable or leaving red marks over the cups. It can take a year or so to see the full and final result of a BA. So sometimes they don't seem to change for a few months and you think they are done, then your bra becomes tight and you've fluffed up another size.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 23rd January 2011, 2:47 pm

How interesting. I thought they'd get smaller in time rather than bigger. I don't know what size implants I ended up with I remember that he was taking 3 sizes with him and 300cc would be the biggest he brought along.

I was an empty saggy 34c. I am now filling a 34E sports bra but was expecting to end up a 34dd. I am very happy with the size I have to say - it's just that the right boob looks a little weird. It's reassuring to know that it's nothing to worry about so early on.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 23rd January 2011, 3:05 pm

I agree with the advice already given hun, 9 days is very early to be worrying, you have alot of settling to do yet. So don't worry hun. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 23rd January 2011, 6:03 pm

Hey hon....where did you get them done. They will look completely different at this early stage as to how they will settle. If you have any concerns ring clinic to discuss. Your PS seems good that he is seeing you so much. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 23rd January 2011, 6:13 pm

Hi

I had them done at MyBreast. My surgeon is Prashant Govilkar who does a lot of reconstructions so I figure he knows what he's doing.

I just feel a little bit down for some reason. I expected to be feeling fine by now and looking great but I am still really bruised and sore and tired and just feeling a bit fed up really. Going back to work tomorrow - I think that will be good as I'm going mad being stuck indoors.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 23rd January 2011, 6:44 pm

Hi hun, welcome to the forum!

Like the girls have said, its early days yet. Let everything settle for a while xx
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 23rd January 2011, 6:58 pm

Soutty123 wrote:Hi

I just feel a little bit down for some reason. I expected to be feeling fine by now and looking great but I am still really bruised and sore and tired and just feeling a bit fed up really. Going back to work tomorrow - I think that will be good as I'm going mad being stuck indoors.

We all expect to feel great as soon as we get our new boobs, but we have to remember the whole operation and the GA takes it's toll on us. I was terribly down after my op, it took me a couple of weeks before I felt okay. Hopefully going back to work will be good for you hun, you'll have other things to think about instead of just boobs. Take care and don't worry. Hug
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 27th January 2011, 9:20 am

Will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow. Am still sore and still sleeping upright but have been at work all week and feel ok. Boobs are starting to feel a little softer, especially the left one. The right one is still quite hard and there's sort of a bulge under my arm while not much fullness in the cleavage area but I guess it will all fluff out eventually.

To any of you ladies thinking about having this op - it does hurt I'm not gonna lie to you! But for me looking at how I look in my dressing gown with no bra on compared to how I looked in it 2 weeks ago definitely makes it worthwhile, even if my right boob never quite matches the left one exactly.

I can't wait to be able to wear skimpy non wired bras sometimes - although I will be wearing my big granny sports bras as often as possible because I want them to stay perky!

To those of you who've had this op - when will I be really back to normal ie back in the gym rowing and doing weights? When will my boobies feel like they're mine instead of a heavy dead weight strapped to my chest?
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolaxxxx 29th January 2011, 10:21 am

Hey huni I just had my uplift and Implants on the 24th The pain has been ok but I feel the same as you about the heavy dead weight strapped to my chest Id love to know how long it takes for this to go away? Im so fed up with sleeping upright but I slipped down on my back last night and my back and chest was in agony nope Ive been quite sore at the side of my boobs aswell and feel quite swollen here aswell but im sure its all just part and parcle what profile of Implant did you get huni xx
Nicolaxxxx
Nicolaxxxx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 29th January 2011, 5:57 pm

Hi

I am still really sore, particularly at the side of my boobs which are still swollen and sometimes I get stabbing pains in my nipples which isn't all that pleasant. Getting so fed up with it now! I've had 2 c sections and I was off pain killers and living a normal life after a week both times. Was told this was less invasive surgery but the healing process is a lot slower.

I had a high profile implants over the muscle I think. I don't know exactly what size they are - my surgeon was bringing in 3 sizes and I think 300 was going to be the biggest - he told me that above about 350cc would mean a lift every 5 years - did not fancy that thanks very much!!
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie512 30th January 2011, 8:27 pm

Aww sweetie, I am so sorry you are feeling down- I hope everything is much much better now. These ladies are right- anesthesia takes a HUGE toll on our bodies and sometimes I think we go in thinking when we wake up everything will be fabulous and no healing time. I guess the best way to move forward into a BA would be to expect things are def. not going to be perfect for quite some time. In fact, I am reading over some of these stories wondering how I am going to make it back to work- I only get 4 days off, and then I resume back to work doing surgeries on other people. :( Hmmm, hope things worl out for all of us!!
leslie512
leslie512
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 4th February 2011, 12:57 am

Soutty123 - just wondering how you were making out today and if they were evening out.. getting mine shortly and wondering what im for for...

leslie512 - hopefully the surgeries you do arent too in depth because i seen on here some people cant even drive for a week afterwards.. ill keep my fingers crossed that you heal fast and arent sore so your return to work is a good one :o) can you use sick days if you need a few more days off???
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 4th February 2011, 7:45 am

Hiya

3 weeks post op today. My boobies are still tender but they don't ache (except first thing in the morning). My left one looks great and feels softish but my right one is still rock hard and sore at the side. It looks a bit smaller than the left one and a different shape - it seems less round and there is a bulge at the side where it is really tender and hard. Hopefully that bulge will round out the whole breast when it softens up. Seeing my consultant on 19th Feb and will discuss it with him then. The size difference is not obvious in clothing and it's not as if my bra is baggy over the right boob so I think it's more of a shape difference which I hope will resolve over time. Since I had the op the right one has given me more pain than the left and has always been more bruised for some reason.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 4th February 2011, 9:29 am

To those of you who've had this op - when will I be really back to normal ie back in the gym rowing and doing weights? When will my boobies feel like they're mine instead of a heavy dead weight strapped to my chest?
Not for a while yet hunnie. At my one month post op check up I asked the nurse if I could return to the gym and the answer was an emphatic no - and I would have to wait at least until my 3 month check up to see if the surgeon would give his OK. However she did say that walking was good, so I asked her if I could go to the gym and just use the treadmill and bicycle and although she wouldn't say I could, she left it up to me to decide. But she did say definitely no weights or upper body exercise.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 4th February 2011, 9:42 am

Hi Soutty,

Mybreast are v good for aftercare so you are in good hands.

I had mine in June 09 with them but am now experiencing sagging so maybe in for a lift in the near future :(

I would return to your PS and get him to look at the righty. I'm sure it is fine and just taking longer to settle but as you are feeling anxious I would return for peace of mind, they really won't mind.

Congratulations on your new boobies though. All the discomfort will be worth it in the summer when you can wear those lovely bikinis and strappy dresses......xxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 6th February 2011, 6:55 am

I am slightly concerned about the right boob - I am definitely going to ask my surgeon about it at my next appointment in a couple of a weeks' time. He did say to expect them to take a while to settle because of the scar tissue as a result of the mastopexy but the left one looks and feels great. I wonder if massaging the right breast would help.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 7th February 2011, 4:10 am

please let us know what they say, im going for one in 4 days and would love to know what happens, thanks
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

9 days post uplift and BA - looking a bit uneven!! Empty "looks like plastic surgery gone wrong"

Post by Soutty123 11th February 2011, 7:45 am

...according to my husband anyway. 4 weeks post op today.

Left boob looking lovely, right boob still looks weird, no volume around the cleavage - this part feels soft but I think that's because it's my real breast. All the volume is at the side of my boob practically under my arm and this is the part that feels hard and tender to the touch even though the bruising has gone now.

Spoke to my PS last night. He sounded concerned and has arranged for me to see a colleague of his in Beckenham on Saturday as he can't fit me in at Fawkham Manor. His colleague will examine me, scan the boob if necessary and either reassure me in which case I can see my PS on 18 Feb as planned or else I will have to see my PS sooner.

To say that I am worried/hacked off is a major understatement. I have 2 small kids, a part time job plus a poorly78 year old father who is moving from miles away to round the corner next week and will need a lot of hand holding for some time while he settles in. I need complications and a re-op like I need a hole in the head.

Will keep you posted but right now I'm feeling about as low as it's possible to feel. I just didn't expect this. It's taken me a lot longer to recover than I expected. It's been barely a week since I've been off paracetamol and able to lift up my 3 year old son. The thought of more surgery makes me feel physically sick. Wish I'd just put up with my real ones tbh.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 11th February 2011, 8:16 am

Soutty123 wrote:...according to my husband anyway. 4 weeks post op today.

Left boob looking lovely, right boob still looks weird, no volume around the cleavage - this part feels soft but I think that's because it's my real breast. All the volume is at the side of my boob practically under my arm and this is the part that feels hard and tender to the touch even though the bruising has gone now.

Spoke to my PS last night. He sounded concerned and has arranged for me to see a colleague of his in Beckenham on Saturday as he can't fit me in at Fawkham Manor. His colleague will examine me, scan the boob if necessary and either reassure me in which case I can see my PS on 18 Feb as planned or else I will have to see my PS sooner.

To say that I am worried/hacked off is a major understatement. I have 2 small kids, a part time job plus a poorly78 year old father who is moving from miles away to round the corner next week and will need a lot of hand holding for some time while he settles in. I need complications and a re-op like I need a hole in the head.

Will keep you posted but right now I'm feeling about as low as it's possible to feel. I just didn't expect this. It's taken me a lot longer to recover than I expected. It's been barely a week since I've been off paracetamol and able to lift up my 3 year old son. The thought of more surgery makes me feel physically sick. Wish I'd just put up with my real ones tbh.

Sorry to hear this. Speaking as someone who has had some issues I can totally sympathize. Wait and see what he has to say. Also if you do need re-op wait and schedule to a time that is best for you. Often they won't re-op until 6 months. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 11th February 2011, 9:45 am

Owwwww you poor thing group hug

Good luck on Saturday....if a reop in needed as it has been placed wrong I doubt they'll be any urgency so you can book at a convenient time ie when your dad is settled.....

If it's something more urgent then it's going to be inconvenient for you but it's only one breast you are having probs with so that's half the pain! Also you are still experiencing pain probably as there's a problem with that breast; when it's corrected the pain will ease and the recovery therefore will probably be alot easier than your first time round!

Let us know how you get on xxxxxx

Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by Soutty123 11th February 2011, 10:18 am

Thanks girls. Yes you are probably right. A re-op would be a pain but nothing like as bad as the first given that it would only be on one boob I suppose. Also no uplift involved.

If the discomfort is linked to the implant being bad then I hope I don't have to wait for 6 months tbh. The Easter holidays would probably be the best time.
Soutty123
Soutty123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 11th February 2011, 7:28 pm

Sorry to hear you're having problems hun. I hope you get some answers when you go on Saturday. Please let us know how you go on. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next