Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Propping myself up gives me back ache!

+2
sarahdawn31
derbylou
6 posters

Go down

Propping myself up gives me back ache!  Empty Propping myself up gives me back ache!

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 8:19 am

Had my BA on Saturday and only slept for an hour on first night as being propped up in bed gave me terrible backache!

Last night decided to try lying down flat, but not sure if I should be doing this at this point. Better nights sleep but boobies felt very tight and sore and the back still hurt!. Advised by my nurse to try and sleep propped up but a bit vague about for how long. What do you ladies think?

This is bugging me as the pain in my back is worse than from my lovely new boobies!! Thought it would be the other way round.

Still, happy to cope with a few days of discomfort as my new boobies look fab!
xxxxxx yipee

derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Propping myself up gives me back ache!  Empty Re: Propping myself up gives me back ache!

Post by sarahdawn31 15th November 2010, 8:33 am

I found if I put a pillow under my knees and one along each side of my body (kind of under my arms) and also put a rolled up towel under the small of my back it helped a bit with the back ache and allowed for me to get some sleep.

xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Propping myself up gives me back ache!  Empty Re: Propping myself up gives me back ache!

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 8:38 am

Thanks for the advice Saraddawn - will try it tonight

Bet you cant wait for the weekend until you can wear a nice sexy bra and not these lovely sports bras!!

Hope you can also find some nice swimwear ready for your Aussie summer - sounds to me like ordering online may be your best bet if Australian stores dont cater for us girls with boobs who don't want to look like our grannies at the beach!!!!!!!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with grannies at the beach lol xxxxxxx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 15th November 2010, 8:46 am

Congratulations on the new boobies honey!! Stars I struggled with the whole sleeping upright thing but basically what I did was create a slope with normal pillows and then I used a V shaped pillow which supported my neck as I slept. I am still sleeping upright but was told at 9 days post op I could sleep flat on my back - I personally still don't feel comfortable doing that but I am sleeping on side (still kinda upright) x x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 8:56 am

Thanks CharlieB for your thoughts - kind of sat up in bed like that now so will try sleeping like it tonight.

Thanks hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2010, 8:58 am

The pillow under your knees and arms is a great tip.

You don't have to be very raised up hun, only your head and shoulders need to be raised, like Charlie does, creating a slope with pillows and your V pillow over is perfect. A hot water bottle placed on the small of your back helps too. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 15th November 2010, 8:59 am

A hot water bottle worked wonders too just tucked behind the pillow on my lower back - just an idea! x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 15th November 2010, 9:00 am

Well there you go both of us just posted near enough the same time (again!!) and said the same thing lol!! Bum Wiggle
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 9:01 am

Thanks CharlieB and Cookie - great advice as usual xxxxxxxxx Cheerleader
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2010, 9:05 am

CharlieB wrote:Well there you go both of us just posted near enough the same time (again!!) and said the same thing lol!! Bum Wiggle

Haha! great minds eh! :good: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 9:06 am

Great minds indeed!!!!!!!

Funny that most of the discomfort in my back in higher up in the mid back and going outwards towards my armpits!

Dread to think what they do to us when we are under the anaesthetic - must be from bruising I think, as my sternum at the front and my ribs feel sore and a bit bruisie (if thats a word!!)

Hot water bottle's a good idea and so is a nice little back massage (sitting up of course) from the hubbie!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2010, 9:16 am

When you're up and walking derbylou, try and focus on your posture too. It's instinctive to stoop hun and this also plays havoc with your back, so do try to straighten up when walking. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 9:20 am

Will do Cookie - shoulders back and boobies out lol xxxxxxxxx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2010, 9:21 am

Atta girl! haha! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 15th November 2010, 9:28 am

Hey up chick, really glad to hear all is done and you seem to be ok, i used a v pillow, any discomfort was taken away by Tramadol, they were ace, although I found it hard to wee when taking them! xo
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 15th November 2010, 10:10 am

Hiya Jaybles

Got my v-pillow and it is great.

Are Tramadol the same as co-codamol? This is what the nurse at Spire gave me, said to take these and paracetamol as required.

Haven't had a problem with weeing yet, but no sign of the other as yet!!!! Quite bloating tummy too from the GA - can't wait for that to go down lol xxxxxxxxxx

Take care Hug
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 15th November 2010, 10:18 am

derbylou wrote:Dread to think what they do to us when we are under the anaesthetic - must be from bruising I think, as my sternum at the front and my ribs feel sore and a bit bruisie (if thats a word!!)

I just had to google sternum to see if it was the same part of me that felt internally bruised and YES it was - also my breast bone felt very tender all across the top. Just to say at 16 days post op my breast bone still feels a little tender!! x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 16th November 2010, 6:34 pm

Hot water bottle!! You girls are amazing, my back's been in agony from sitting/lying in the same position the last 4 days so will be giving this a try myself too! Thank you!!! :flowers:
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down