Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit Controversial but can see their point....

+20
Louise91
nads
MilliePig
Crystal
Vix
coco_ballerina
dimpledee
mariajw
littlewisher
Jessica
misf1
kittie
lucyt
MarieMc85
Phoebe
pinkbabe
abbie
COOKIE
tinks76
jay1983
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... Empty A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by jay1983 14th November 2010, 6:23 pm

I was speaking to someone today who I have not seen for a while and mentioned my BA. Their first response was "Did you pay or get it done on NHS?" Now since this is not the first time someone has asked me I stated that I had paid and what difference did it make. They went on to say that they didn't think that unless it was needed as a result of an underling health issue e.g. cancer and needing a reconstruction or in cases where women have excessively large breast and actually causing problems that it should be performed on NHS. Now I'd never but much thought into this but totally agree. At the end of the day I had uneven breasts that massively dented my confidence but used my own money to get them done. I by all means am not wealthy and have had to save. My friend went on to say that, therefore, why should some people get theirs done and not others. The NHS is being bleed dry and unless decisions are made and unnecessary/non-essential operations were stopped we would save a lot of money.

Gosh this really has me thinking now. I've always supported people who have had ops done on NHS...but maybe if it was just a case of not being essential they should have saved and funded themselves. Not criticizing in any way ladies...just the first time I've properly thought about it.

xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by tinks76 14th November 2010, 6:33 pm

ooooh this is one ot those topics that I can see both sides of and agree with.
I agree with you on the point that at the moment the NHS has no money and beig stretched to the limits but with my nursey head on i see people lifes can be shattered through lack of confidence because of their bodies so this in itself can lead to mental health issues which should be treated. I agree prioritisation should and will always be with breast reconstruction from cancer but people who are really suffering should also receive the help of the NHS with out feeling guilty. xx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by jay1983 14th November 2010, 6:38 pm

Yeah I can totally see it from both points of view too. I work with ladies recovering from cancer and would hate to think that if I had had my op on the NHS it would have delayed their recovery. My friend said a work colleague has been waiting 2 years for construction. However, if people generally never stand the chance of raising the funds and NHS is their only option then they shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable in their own skin. Think its just because I've had a chat with someone who seems very passionate on their view of the subject. If I had chatted to a lady who had suffered and was pro-NHS then I'd be on their side. I did say every case should be looked on as an individual case and not generalized and she said she could see that too. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 6:39 pm

jay1983 wrote:They went on to say that they didn't think that unless it was needed as a result of an underling health issue e.g. cancer and needing a reconstruction or in cases where women have excessively large breast and actually causing problems that it should be performed on NHS. Now I'd never but much thought into this but totally agree.

What differentiates a woman after having cancer and needing reconstruction surgery to gain symmetry back from a woman born with excessive assymetry? Or a woman with huge breasts that cause problems from a woman with no breasts having psychological problems?

I see no difference myself and see the the surgery as essential to some just to live a 'normal' lifestyle. It's not as if their problems are there out of choice, Excessive assymetry problems, cancer victims, excessively huge/small breasts, none of those women chose their deformity and I fully support any women who is genuine and has their surgery through the NHS, Infact I wish their wasn't a postcode lottery and that more women who 'needed' the surgery could have it.

Unlike surgery to cure obisity which is a lifestyle choice and can be sorted out through diet and excercise!... Now that surgery IMO really is a waste of NHS rescources!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th November 2010, 6:41 pm

oooh very controversial on a site like this.
I can personally see both sides to the argument. I think the NHS does perform relatively few breast enlargements, and strict criteria have to be met. A lot of people are turned down.
I think if its an obvious deformity or reconstruction after cancer, then thats one thing, but not just for boobs being small. I dont think its a right to have big boobs or even average boobs and there are a lot of more urgent things that the money could be spent on.

Its not something I worry about though. Im very happy for the girls whove managed to get their BAs funded, although I do hope theyre grateful for what theyve been given for free, when others have to pay.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 14th November 2010, 6:45 pm

Unlike surgery to cure obisity which is a lifestyle choice and can be sorted out through diet and excercise!... Now that surgery IMO really is a waste of NHS rescources!

[/quote]

I actually think that should be paid for privately too...I lost 5 stone with exercise and dieting.

I think that their is a big difference between someone having two different sized breasts(I had this) and suffering from a life threatening disease which is cancer.
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 14th November 2010, 6:46 pm

abbie wrote:
I think if its an obvious deformity or reconstruction after cancer, then thats one thing, but not just for boobs being small. I dont think its a right to have big boobs or even average boobs and there are a lot of more urgent things that the money could be spent on.

Its not something I worry about though. Im very happy for the girls whove managed to get their BAs funded, although I do hope theyre grateful for what theyve been given for free, when others have to pay.

Think you have phrased better what I was trying to say!
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 6:49 pm

I actually think that should be paid for privately too...I lost 5 stone with exercise and dieting.

That's fantastic! You must be so proud of yourself. xx

jay1983 wrote:I think that their is a big difference between someone having two different sized breasts(I had this) and suffering from a life threatening disease which is cancer.

Breast augmentation isn't given when the patient is dying. The life threatneing disease (cancer) is treated. The Assymetry they're left with is just the same as a women being born with the same IMO. xx

Last edited by cookie on 14th November 2010, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 14th November 2010, 6:55 pm

cookie wrote:
jay1983 wrote:I think that their is a big difference between someone having two different sized breasts(I had this) and suffering from a life threatening disease which is cancer.

Breast augmentation isn't given when the patient is dying. The life threatneing disease (cancer) is treated. The Assymetry they're left with is just the same as a women being born with the same IMO. xx

Thats your opinion and can see where you are coming from. However, my friend was entitled to hers. In all honesty I waver in between as I honestly believe that everyone has the right to feel happy and confident in their body. I honestly didn't start thread to be nasty/offend its just that a few people have made comments to me and today was the first time someone had put forward such a strong argument. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 14th November 2010, 6:57 pm

I can see both sides but with the NHS so stretched then yes I do think that ops such as BA's should be paid for privatly. I know there are girls on here who have had their ops on the NHS and I know their are greatful for it aswell. I think maybe its fair for breast reconstruction and when there is a very big difference in the size of a ladies chest but if someone has very small breasts IMO why should they not have to pay like everyone else who choses to have a BA. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 7:00 pm

Oh hunni, I don't think for one moment you started this thread with any intention to offend Hug and yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just something I'm very passionate about and it upsets me when I see/read women who do 'need' this surgery and get refused soley based on where they live. For some women it's not as simple as saving for the op. The psychological effects caused by their deformity take over their whole lives and my heart goes out to them knowing the difference the op could make to them. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 14th November 2010, 7:01 pm

[quote="cookie)

[/quote]

Totally disagree, some people are overweight because they have many emotional problems, and use food for comfort. If somebody is depressed and suffering because of that how is that different to someone who is depressed as they have odd boobs? If it was that easy to lose weight there would be no fat people!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 7:05 pm

Phoebe wrote:Totally disagree, some people are overweight because they have many emotional problems, and use food for comfort. If somebody is depressed and suffering because of that how is that different to someone who is depressed as they have odd boobs? If it was that easy to lose weight there would be no fat people!

IMO and it is just 'my opinion'. Being born with or suffering a deformity through no choice or fault of your own is a lot different to choosing a lifestyle. With support, diet and excercise you CAN lose weight, I understand it's not simple or easy but it CAN be done without surgery.... It's just not possible with any amount of support to grow another boob xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 14th November 2010, 7:11 pm

I know everybody has an opinion, but I feel strongly about the weight issue. My sister is probably 10 stone over weight, she lost 4 stone earlier this year and then due to lots of circumstances which I wont go into she had a breakdown. She is now in therapy and counselling been off work for 6 months and was nearly sectioned. needless to say she has gained 2 of the 4 stone she lost. If she could she would lose it but she has deep emotional issues going back to her childhood and her way of coping is eating. Alcoholics and drug addicts get funding on the NHS, why shouldnt she?
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 7:17 pm

Oh Pheobe that's dreadful, do you think her having surgery to sort her weight issue out though will cure her emotional problems?

If she can't eat to comfort herself do think it's possible as the primary issues aren't being addressed she may turn to something else?... do you see where I'm going?

God I don't want to upset you babe and I sincerely hope I haven't, so I'm going to leave it there... sending BIG HUGS for both you AND your sister group hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinks76 14th November 2010, 7:26 pm

I think anything that can cause any kind of mental health issues should be able to be assesed by the NHS what we might be unhappy with can completely take control of someones life.... I know a girl who used to cut her breasts because she hated the deformity of them so much she did eventually get a boob job (privately) and she is such a different person today, now here i really do feel she should have had them paid for by the NHS. Im sure 99% of us would have jumped at the chance if someone said we didnt have to pay as we could get the same results with the assistance offhe NHS xx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 14th November 2010, 7:30 pm

cookie wrote:Oh Pheobe that's dreadful, do you think her having surgery to sort her weight issue out though will cure her emotional problems?

If she can't eat to comfort herself do think it's possible as the primary issues aren't being addressed she may turn to something else?... do you see where I'm going?

God I don't want to upset you babe and I sincerely hope I haven't, so I'm going to leave it there... sending BIG HUGS for both you AND your sister A bit Controversial but can see their point.... 948189

No worries Cookie, difference of opinion thats all chick x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 14th November 2010, 7:34 pm

I don't think that breast augmentation should be available on the NHS apart from for cancer sufferers who have had a breast or breasts removed.

There are people who have cancer, Parkinsons, Alzheimers etc who are suffering as the NHS cannot provide vital medication to prolong and enrich their lives.

When you compare that with a woman who is unhappy that she has small breasts I think it really puts things into perspective.

Yes, it's terrible that somebody can be so unhappy with their breasts that it causes them to be depressed but at least they are healthy. That can't be said for people who are seriously ill and dying.

It makes me angry when women get breast enlargements on the NHS. I and millions of other ladies had to pay for bigger breasts. If you want something that badly, you will find a way to pay for it. If it's affected you your whole life, then you've had ages to save for it.

I personally could not live with myself if the NHS paid for my boobs knowing that there were people being denied services in other areas.

My ex partner's mum was denied life saving cancer treatment as the NHS deemed it too expensive so this is something I feel really strongly about.

I also disagree with obese people having gastric bands etc on the NHS. Yes, they might have deeper issues but as Cookie says, you can lose weight through exercise and diet etc and if a gastric band is the only option, it should be paid for privately.
There is no way that if you are that big you cannot lose weight. As soon as you cut out the unhealthy food and get moving it will drop off.
Also don't agree with alcoholics and drug addicts being given transplants etc but unfortunately, the human rights of people who don't contribute and are a drain on society, are more important than the people who genuinely need help.

I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me, but this is my opinion!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2010, 7:35 pm

Phoebe wrote:No worries Cookie, difference of opinion thats all chick x

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... 2
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 14th November 2010, 7:39 pm

tinks76 wrote: Im sure 99% of us would have jumped at the chance if someone said we didnt have to pay as we could get the same results with the assistance offhe NHS xx

I think 99% might be a bit high tinks?? There is no way I would have taken money from the NHS to fund an increase in my boob size. And I'm not minted I waited 15years to get my ba. I would feel far too guilty taking it from the NHS when so many people have a reduced level of care and life savings drugs turned down to cut spending I just couldn't justify it!
If people are deformed or psychologically damaged then I don't have an issue with it really but just because I wasn't lucky enough to develop proper boobs I wouldnt expect the NHS to correct that any more than I would expect them to make me taller if I was short.
Unfortunately as with many things in life people abuse the NHS and it's people who just want they can get for free so they don't have to fund it themselves that I object to.
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 14th November 2010, 7:54 pm

Totally agree with you Lucy x
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 14th November 2010, 8:00 pm

Great topic choice Jay really interesting to read all the opinions so far, really looking forward to following this one.
Controversial indeed!!!
xx
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by tinks76 14th November 2010, 8:09 pm

I agree with you for me personnaly lucy which is why I never went down the NHS route. But from a professional point Im hating the way the NHS is going where people arent getting the funding and post code health care really annoys me everyday at work we have to hold off scans, results, etc even admissions to specialist areas because there is not enough money to staff the demand. I can see both sides of the argument and think each case should be looked at indervidually A cost of a gastric band is approximately £4000 but the care of a patient who continues to be grossly obease runs into 10s of thousands of pounds so in the long run it is cost effective which is why the are becoming apart of the nhs treatments with specialised units in hospitals but as of alcoholics drug addicts etc getting transplants now that i really feel the have to show they deserve someones organ before they get it xx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th November 2010, 8:12 pm

A very controversial post on this site....

Personally, I didn't even consider the NHS as a route for BA. I was unhappy with my breasts but didn't consider them 'deformed'. It's very hard to define who should and should not have this sort of surgery performed on the NHS and personally, I think that cases where people have a massive difference in size should be funded on the NHS, as I don't think that's any different to someone who has had a breast removed due to cancer.

Obese people getting gastric bands on the NHS is in my opinion wrong. That is a problem that can be sorted through diet and exercise but you can never grow a breast. If there are emotional/mental reasons why people are obese then those need to be addressed first and then the weight will be a little easier to sort out.

If someone is deformed in any way, they get surgery to correct that deformity, why should uneven breasts be any different?

On the issue of funding in the NHS, I work for them and can honestly say that there are a number of management jobs that could be cut as well as useless jobs that are there purely because of time and money wasting targets. If all those salaries were saved the NHS would have a hell of a lot more funds.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by tinks76 14th November 2010, 8:14 pm

couldnt agree more with you kittie so many managers on such high salerys that are so not needed xx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next