Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit Controversial but can see their point....

+20
Louise91
nads
MilliePig
Crystal
Vix
coco_ballerina
dimpledee
mariajw
littlewisher
Jessica
misf1
kittie
lucyt
MarieMc85
Phoebe
pinkbabe
abbie
COOKIE
tinks76
jay1983
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... - Page 4 Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by Jessica 16th November 2010, 8:42 pm

What about women who have had children and have deflated/sagging breasts getting treatment on the NHS? I'm just genuinely interested - does anyone know if this happens? x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... - Page 4 Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by nads 16th November 2010, 8:48 pm

[quote="lucyt"]Hey coco_ballerina
I just noticed your surgery details and am shocked!!! You increased your implant size by 220cc and only went up one cup size?? That's mad!!
xx[/quote
Quite. 520cc only took you to a C cup and you're a 32 band? Did the nhs do your 2nd op CB?
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 16th November 2010, 8:50 pm

Yeah girls with small boobs do get ba I know 2 personally and seriously question the extent of their psychological damage. It's that damn postcode lottery again some areas are more stringent than others and the level of distressed deemed 'worthy' of a ba differs all over the country.
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 16th November 2010, 8:51 pm

nads wrote:I've known people get BAs for being small breasted, yes, on forums and in real life for reasons like yours CB - depression, BDD etc (though if they really had those things is another matter). But it doesn't happen that often. Like someone else said on this thread, they aren't just handed out, which is good

x

I’d never actually heard of this myself so wasn’t sure if people were getting so worked up about something that doesn’t happen in the first place! I don’t think it should be available to people who are simply small chested and want to improve their appearance. If they look normal but have psychological problems then they should be given counselling not surgery. I recently had my 2nd BA privately because I wanted to increase my size, but would never dream of approaching the NHS just to look bigger.
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 16th November 2010, 8:53 pm

lucyt wrote:Hey coco_ballerina
I just noticed your surgery details and am shocked!!! You increased your implant size by 220cc and only went up one cup size?? That's mad!!
xx

Tell me about it! I was delighted when I was swollen the first week post op and measuring a D cup, but then I shrunk by an inch in three days and am now in 32c's sad smile
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 16th November 2010, 8:55 pm

coco_ballerina wrote:

Thanks Littlewisher. I did have to see a psychologist before I had the surgery. We did talk about my problems but I believe she had seen pictures of how I look and knew that it wasn’t a ‘perceived flaw,’ (as is often the case with body dysmorphia) but that I just hadn’t developed at all. She was very understanding and although I had other problems I think she knew these would improve once I had the surgery, and she was right.

Ooooh yeah I see what you mean thats good if it was affecting you so much, its good that you are able to live a normal life now, did it help with your body dysmorphia? or did you have to wait till you had your counselling first before you could have the surgery? Xxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 16th November 2010, 8:56 pm

I also just realised how recently you had them done. Give it time and I bet you'll fluff and be bloomin mahoosive!! Fingers crossed for you. What size had you been hoping for?
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyt 16th November 2010, 8:58 pm

lucyt wrote:I also just realised how recently you had them done. Give it time and I bet you'll fluff and be bloomin mahoosive!! Fingers crossed for you. What size had you been hoping for?

Sorry should've made it clearer. Question aimed at coco_ballerina
xx
lucyt
lucyt
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 16th November 2010, 9:09 pm

littlewisher wrote:
Ooooh yeah I see what you mean thats good if it was affecting you so much, its good that you are able to live a normal life now, did it help with your body dysmorphia? or did you have to wait till you had your counselling first before you could have the surgery? Xxx

No I didn’t have to wait to have counselling first, the psychologist who assessed me put me forward to have it straight away (saying that, from first approaching my GP to actually having the surgery took 2 years). Having the operation helped me tremendously with my recovery from all my mental issues. Of course mental illness does not disappear overnight and I am still working hard to battle my demons but having the op and finally looking normal changed my life immensely, and I am extremely grateful that I was able to get treatment through the NHS.
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th November 2010, 9:10 pm

Oooo just found this thread. What a good debate.

A friend of mine has had a weight problem all her life, it has made her depressed, she's had a breakdown over it, she's had problems with conceiving due to it and basically says that her weight has ruined her life. She applied to her GP to have this done on the NHS claiming she couldn't afford it and she could never save the money because she didn't earn enough. The GP put her case forward and it was approved, she had the surgery on the NHS after only waiting 5 months. For that 5 months she was getting all excited about losing weight and saying that she was going to lose 9 stone and become a size 10. I warned her about losing to much to fast and what it would do to her skin etc.... But she said she didn't care, she would have more surgery to remove it. I asked if she couldn't afford the band how could she afford to have the skin removed? The NHS can pay she said.

Now one and a half years on she is one stone heavier she is complaining to the GP and the NHS that the band is faulty and she should be operated on again and should receive more help to lose weight. Once she had the band fitted she was told to excise, go for walks or join a gym, to eat heathery and cut out eating crap, to stop drinking and basically change her life style. She did none of this and wonders why she hasn't lost weight. She was so convinced that the band itself would make her lose the weight with no help or change from herself but is still chasing the NHS to fund her issues. They have offered her counseling, some sort of diet pill, a personal trainer .... You name it they have given it to her but nothing has happened.

She wont change but can't understand why the weight wont shift. Eat less - Move more.

And after all the above she told me that I am the stupid one because I am paying for my BA. In her words 'you can get that on the NHS your a silly cow if your going to pay for it yourself'.

And the best of it is after she had the band fitted she went to Vegas on a blow out holiday, that she saved up for herself after she heard that she was allowed to have the band fitted on the NHS.

Given what I know about the above, I don't think that you should be able to claim this on the NHS, there must be conditions outlined with no bending on the rules. Only certain cases should be put forward for consideration. I'm not someone who is qualified to say what these standards should be but these sort of people cannot be allowed to milk the system and put others at risk.

I don't talk to her anymore because she cannot see that it is wrong, while she was arsing around wasting peoples time I lost my Dad and brother in-law to cancer both of which were in hospitals which had to make cuts.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 16th November 2010, 9:13 pm

lucyt wrote:I also just realised how recently you had them done. Give it time and I bet you'll fluff and be bloomin mahoosive!! Fingers crossed for you. What size had you been hoping for?

I was praying for a D cup! I've wanted to be a D from as long as I can remember. I hope they fluff but I didn't fluff at all the first time. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 17th November 2010, 7:12 am

chicksville, how come eating normally on a gastric band didnt make her really sick? thats what normally happens. Maybe it was faulty?
Coco ballerina. I bet you anything youve measured yourself wrong and are a smaller band size and a bigger cup size than that
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 8:07 am

abbie wrote:chicksville, how come eating normally on a gastric band didnt make her really sick? thats what normally happens. Maybe it was faulty?
Coco ballerina. I bet you anything youve measured yourself wrong and are a smaller band size and a bigger cup size than that

I totally agree with Abbie, i think you may have measured yourself wrong hun............I had no breasts & didnt even measure in cup size's & had 460cc & im now a 30G.......................might sound huge but its not in a 30 band...........I measure 26-27inches around my rib cage......what measurment are you sweetie?

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 17th November 2010, 9:19 am

She started off on a liquid form of diet and was told to eat little and often. This lasted for about a month to month and ahalf. Then she moved onto small dinners and the band was tightened and she ws allowed small dinners, again little and often. This was over another few months until it was tightened a third time. She lost 4 stone in the first 3 months of having the band but then started to eat bigger meals and over the next 9 to 10 months put it back on and then move. The hospital have said that it will probably have to be removed as it could cause damage to her.

We all went out for dinner one night and she ate loads, she said at the time that she might be sick later but she was fed up with not eating properly. She refuses to do any sort of excerise and will still eat things like kebabs, chips etc..

The whole thing is wrong.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 17th November 2010, 9:31 am

Post by MarieMc85 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:34 pm
I don't think that breast augmentation should be available on the NHS apart from for cancer sufferers who have had a breast or breasts removed.

There are people who have cancer, Parkinsons, Alzheimers etc who are suffering as the NHS cannot provide vital medication to prolong and enrich their lives.

When you compare that with a woman who is unhappy that she has small breasts I think it really puts things into perspective.

Yes, it's terrible that somebody can be so unhappy with their breasts that it causes them to be depressed but at least they are healthy. That can't be said for people who are seriously ill and dying.

It makes me angry when women get breast enlargements on the NHS. I and millions of other ladies had to pay for bigger breasts. If you want something that badly, you will find a way to pay for it. If it's affected you your whole life, then you've had ages to save for it.

I personally could not live with myself if the NHS paid for my boobs knowing that there were people being denied services in other areas.

My ex partner's mum was denied life saving cancer treatment as the NHS deemed it too expensive so this is something I feel really strongly about.

I also disagree with obese people having gastric bands etc on the NHS. Yes, they might have deeper issues but as Cookie says, you can lose weight through exercise and diet etc and if a gastric band is the only option, it should be paid for privately.
There is no way that if you are that big you cannot lose weight. As soon as you cut out the unhealthy food and get moving it will drop off.
Also don't agree with alcoholics and drug addicts being given transplants etc but unfortunately, the human rights of people who don't contribute and are a drain on society, are more important than the people who genuinely need help.

I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me, but this is my opinion!

marie i completely agree with i had no money for years and years wanted a boob job so much i felt suicidual and low in the end i thought right join a gym lose weight and get into a job wheir u can earn enough money to a boob job house ect and i worked my bollocks to earn the cash alot of girls on here dont agree with what i did but i did it bcause i wanted a boob job so so bad i had to find a way to raise the cash so i decided to take me clothes off for a living not sayin this is for everyone i still have body issues im not perfect but i work hard to look good and anyone can do this !!!!xxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 17th November 2010, 9:35 am

i often see girls on here had their boobs jobs on the nhs and moaning their not big enough not being funny but i think they should appreiate that they got their boobs done free in the first place my mums friend sonja in maribor has has breast cancer and now shes having reconstruction bcause she LOST yes LOST her breast now only do i think that this is wheir breast implants are 100 percent good at the nhs xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 17th November 2010, 9:39 am

im sorry but i def do not agree with women with no breast tissue and small breasts geting boob jobs on nhs i think thats wrong xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 10:01 am

Crystal wrote:

I totally agree with Abbie, i think you may have measured yourself wrong hun............I had no breasts & didnt even measure in cup size's & had 460cc & im now a 30G.......................might sound huge but its not in a 30 band...........I measure 26-27inches around my rib cage......what measurment are you sweetie?

x

Wow Crystal! That's great you got such a good size. Just noticed you had overs, how did you manage that with no tissue? I was told it just wasn't an option because I had nothing to support an implant over the muscle, but probably would've preferred overs if I had a choice. I measure 27.5" around my rib cage, which I believe makes me a 32 band. I fit C cup bras perfectly but they do look much bigger at least!
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th November 2010, 10:27 am

Crystal will probably be along in a bit to answer, but I think she's had more than one op. xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 17th November 2010, 10:36 am

[quote="coco_ballerina"]
Crystal wrote:
I measure 27.5" around my rib cage, which I believe makes me a 32 band. I fit C cup bras perfectly but they do look much bigger at least!

That actually makes you nearer a 28 band. Whats your measurement at the fullest part?
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 10:48 am

coco_ballerina wrote:
Crystal wrote:

x

Wow Crystal! That's great you got such a good size. Just noticed you had overs, how did you manage that with no tissue? I was told it just wasn't an option because I had nothing to support an implant over the muscle, but probably would've preferred overs if I had a choice. I measure 27.5" around my rib cage, which I believe makes me a 32 band. I fit C cup bras perfectly but they do look much bigger at least!

Overs was all my surgon done!.....I went into my op very blind & had done little reserch........Now you can see my implant edge through my skin at the sides if i lift my arms up & i also have rippleing which you can see if i take my bra off shrug ...........I think i have also bottomed out wether by surgon error or not having enough tissue to support the implant,......a bit of both i think!

Im one of the girls who has no tissure & very little fat uptop...i carry all my weight in my legs & butt!..............I was 8 stone at the time of my op & 5 foot 4 & a half so only just above the underweight line & now i have put on half a stone its all gone to my thighs & you can still see all my collar, top chest bones & ribs through my skin as i just dont carry weight there shrug

I resently too picks of my boobs & now looking at them they do look quite 'fake' & stuck on which i guess is because i have very little breast tissue or fat covering them but i do likie the 'fake look so that not a bad thing for me i guess!.

I personally think i should have had unders & did go to my appointment with the nurse ( which you see 1st then go into see the surgon) & when i told her i wanted unders due to not having any breast tissue or upper body fat she straight away told me that my surgon only dose overs so that s what ill be having which at the time i though was odd as she had not even looked at my boobs so how could she say that what ill be having :doh:

I did the really stupid thing of just going along with what they say even if it didnt make sense to me as i just wanted to have boobs no matter what...........which is a very silly thing to do :tears:

I think the implant alone in the 46occ would fit into a 30 G cup ballconette bra & i get that size as the wires in ballconette bras arent wide enough to fit my implant/boobs in so i have to get the 30G but then i dont 'fill' them up as nicely as i should!.........im a 30E-F in push -up bras

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th November 2010, 10:52 am

Ahh sorry hun , I thought you had had two ops. x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 10:52 am

[quote="abbie"]
coco_ballerina wrote:
Crystal wrote:
I measure 27.5" around my rib cage, which I believe makes me a 32 band. I fit C cup bras perfectly but they do look much bigger at least!

That actually makes you nearer a 28 band. Whats your measurement at the fullest part?

Yes abbie they told me in la senza i should be a 28 band but they didnt have any bras in that band size so i go for 30 bands instread which they also didnt have in my la sensa in ipwich in debenhams so i get them from from the acxtual debenhams section there own make:shrug:
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th November 2010, 10:56 am

[quote="abbie"]
coco_ballerina wrote:
Crystal wrote:

Yeah, you're not actually supposed to add 4 or 5 to the band measurement anymore - that's the old way of doing it. x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 11:02 am

Jessica wrote:Ahh sorry hun , I thought you had had two ops. x

No hun but i have had 3 children so my boobs did change when i was pregnant so they stretched at that point giving me room left to fit in such a large inplant!...........................

Getting pregant was the one & only time i have ever had any kind of boobs! lol & once that was all over my breast no word of a lie just disapeared! straight back to not having any, no saggin , nothing as there was just nothin there :tears:

I was just left with a completely flat chest with horrible stretct marks covering where my preggie boobs were sad smile

I have posted a piccy on here of me with no bra on ( i never really wore one as i didnt have anything to support!)
Its on the ' what do we all look like' thread i think it was Misf1 that started it last year in genral or maybe private section..............it would give you a idea hoe 'flat i was lol.

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next