Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there a point when cc is less likley?

+8
2nd time lucky
misf1
sc
hlt67
LittleMissBiker
COOKIE
luluthefirst
Kxx
12 posters

Go down

is there a point when cc is less likley? Empty is there a point when cc is less likley?

Post by Kxx 16th May 2012, 12:14 pm

I think i read somewhere that cc is more likely in the first year, so if you havent got it in the first 12 months its less likley that you will get it.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Also are you more or less likely to get it with unders?

Also is it true that unders look smaller for the same size implant as overs, and do all implants take about the same time to fluff?

That is all my questions for now!!!! is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141 is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141 is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

is there a point when cc is less likley? Empty Re: is there a point when cc is less likley?

Post by luluthefirst 16th May 2012, 12:37 pm

Lots of questions!!
I don't know about the cc ones, I think it's more likely in the 1st year while the pocket is forming but it can still happen anytime. (I mean any time)

unders look smaller than overs. Not sure why...

Everyone takes different amounts of times to fluff, i think unders take longer as it's all tighter under the muscles.
xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

is there a point when cc is less likley? Empty Re: is there a point when cc is less likley?

Post by COOKIE 16th May 2012, 12:43 pm

KS4111 wrote:I think i read somewhere that cc is more likely in the first year, so if you havent got it in the first 12 months its less likley that you will get it.

Capsular contracture can occur anytime after your surgery babe, nobody to date quite understands yet why it happens. It could happen right after surgery, it could happen 6 years down the line is there a point when cc is less likley? 267328 Unfortunately it's just one of the risks of having a BA. We all know it's possible when we sign on the dotted line and just have to hope that after our after-care runs out we aren't one of the unlucky on to suffer this complication.

Also are you more or less likely to get it with unders?

Yes, going under the muscle is known to reduce the risks, but there will be still a risk. Also when having your augmentation you have to weigh up whether going over the muscle to get a more natural result for some women would outweigh the possible risks of capsular contracture.

Textured implants rather than smooth are also thought to reduce too hun.

Also is it true that unders look smaller for the same size implant as overs, and do all implants take about the same time to fluff?

I've heard there's a possibility the same sized implant might give a smaller result going under the muscle, but then like this whole sizing issue, it's just another enigma. Our own Admin Nads changed her placement from under the muscle to over the muscle. Her resulting size never changed at all, so for 'her' the theory was wrong.

do all implants take about the same time to fluff?

Implants don't 'fluff' it's the actual breast that increases in size as the skin/muscle relaxes and allows the breast to protrude forward as the implant settles into the pocket. Fluffing doesn't happen for everyone, but in the 2 1/2 years I've been here I know of only 3 women that haven't fluffed. Fluffing occurs in 'your own' good time and will be different for everyone as we will all heal at different rates. Both unders and overs have the potential to fluff

That is all my questions for now!!!! is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141 is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141 is there a point when cc is less likley? 557141

Haha keep firing away lovely. If we can help.... We will! is there a point when cc is less likley? 1978086825 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 16th May 2012, 1:20 pm

Aaaaaaaaw thanks :) xxxxxxx

Ive been realy thinking about it and i think that im going to have to go under the muscle.

I realy trusted Mr Avi when i had my consultation with him as he did say that although i wear a d cup because of having the kids my breast tissue at the top is very minimal and if i were to loose any weight becasue i am litraly at the point where i could just cover the implant you would be able to see it.

I also dont tend to carry much fat, dont get me wrong im not skinny at all but im pretty muscular im worried that if i loose any tissue in the nxt few years ill get that posh spice look :(
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissBiker 16th May 2012, 2:38 pm

KS4111 wrote:Aaaaaaaaw thanks :) xxxxxxx

Ive been realy thinking about it and i think that im going to have to go under the muscle.

I realy trusted Mr Avi when i had my consultation with him as he did say that although i wear a d cup because of having the kids my breast tissue at the top is very minimal and if i were to loose any weight becasue i am litraly at the point where i could just cover the implant you would be able to see it.

I also dont tend to carry much fat, dont get me wrong im not skinny at all but im pretty muscular im worried that if i loose any tissue in the nxt few years ill get that posh spice look :(

You sound very similar to me - DD pre BA but absolutely no volume/tissue at the top of my natural breasts. My surgeon measured the amount of skin/flesh at the top and said that overs would likely not have a natural (or less natural) look now and/or if/when I lost anymore weight... So I went with unders.

I'm only 5 days post op but am keeping a picture trail... If you want password etc just drop me a line.
LittleMissBiker
LittleMissBiker
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 16th May 2012, 3:36 pm

Littlemissbiker can I have a look at your picturetrail please? x
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 16th May 2012, 3:50 pm

that would be fab babe, i would love to see, we sound quite similar done we!! :)

kxx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 16th May 2012, 3:52 pm

Cc is like one of my biggest fears, but since I've been on here I haven't really seen that many posts on it which in a way has been reassuring.
sc
sc
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissBiker 16th May 2012, 4:23 pm

hlt67 wrote:Littlemissbiker can I have a look at your picturetrail please? x

No probs... I'm updating the pics tonight so will send you the details then. yes
LittleMissBiker
LittleMissBiker
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th May 2012, 5:26 pm

The thing with CC is as cookie says you can get it at any time. This is because the body forms a layer of protective tissue around the implant called a capsule (think of it like scar tissue) now for most people this capsule is thin and moveable so your boobs will move as normal, but if the capsule around the implant thickens and hardens then this can cause problems, there are 4 grades of cc

Grade I — the breast is normally soft and appears natural in size and shape

Grade II — the breast is a little firm, but appears normal

Grade III — the breast is firm and appears abnormal

Grade IV — the breast is hard, painful to the touch, and appears abnormal

so in actual fact, if you have an implant you have grade I. Now as the years go by the capsule can become thicker, for some people this can take months and for others it can take many years. As the years go by the % chance of developing CC increases. SOme people are unlucky and they develop cc after a few years and others can have their implants over 10 years and still have no signs of developing the higher grade cc.

Going under the muscle is said to reduce the % chance of CC as the movement of your muscle pushing down on the implant everyday keeps the implant capsule softer. However if you're going to develope a high grade cc capsule, I dont think any amount of pushing by the muscle will save you from the inevitable. I think it would help with grade II more. But that's my personal opinion.

I find it best to put it all out of my mind. I save money every month as an emergency boobie fund, and I'll deal with whatever happens in future if and when it happens.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 16th May 2012, 8:24 pm

Hi , I had c c and I also had pips, they were replaced 4 weeks ago and I had a capsulectomy . My surgeon said the rate of c c was up to a 10% chance from a first surgery but that I now had almost a 50% chance of getting it again ! He said they did nt know why you are more likely to get 2nd time. I know what to look for now I have had it once and hope that if I get it again it will be in the 1st yr as its covered in my after care package. However I am doing what one of the girls said in an earlier post ,I have already started putting money in my terramundi pot ( Ceramic jar you cant get money out unless you smash it ) just in case. I did a bit of research on the net and vitamin e supplements kept coming up so I started taking 1000i.u per day. Some research suggests taking it for a year after op so thats what I will do. If it doesnt do any good then I dont think I would have lost anything and its supposed to be good for your skin too. X
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 17th May 2012, 1:53 am

Fantastic Cookie has hit the nail on the head as always xis there a point when cc is less likley? 923101
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 17th May 2012, 6:38 am

Thanks ladies :) xxxxxx

LMB you look FAB hun, you must be made up (boob envy) :)is there a point when cc is less likley? 48411
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 17th May 2012, 11:16 am

I was told it's 3% (or 5% -something like that) chance of cc with my surgery and implants :s -10% is a lot higher!!

There's a thread in one of the surgeon's things (maybe james') about taking glucosamine to reduce the risk of cc. And even taking it in the beginning stages of cc can (apparently) stop it from progressing... I'm not sure where though :)

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 17th May 2012, 11:39 am

This is the thread. I've started taking glucosamine again due to dodgy knees:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've also heard about vit e. PIPs tend to have higher cc rates because they bleed silicone much more than modern day medical grade implants xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 17th May 2012, 3:23 pm

Capsular contracture is the most common complication that occurs with breast augmentation and can happen at any time. It seems to be more common in the first few months after surgery, but the incidence then rises again several years after surgery.
Breast implants placed above the muscle tend to have higher capsular contracture rates
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 18th May 2012, 10:28 am

informative as ever girls :) xxxx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 29th May 2012, 9:15 pm

Sorry to bump up this thread, I thought CC was something that only happened with implants that have been in a while is there a point when cc is less likley? 869500 how do you know if you have it straight after surgery..? My boobs are very hard, tight & sore (left more than right which I'm assuming is down to the nipple lift & scar revision on that side) xx
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th May 2012, 11:33 pm

It would be very unlikely that you have CC at the moment hun, it's rare that it would happen straight after surgery. Plus it's very normal for them to be hard for the first couple of months, they can feel like rocks on your chest straight after. I'm sure you'll be fine hun.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 30th May 2012, 9:22 am

Ahh ok thank you, I had a little anxious moment then!x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down