Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit Controversial but can see their point....

+20
Louise91
nads
MilliePig
Crystal
Vix
coco_ballerina
dimpledee
mariajw
littlewisher
Jessica
misf1
kittie
lucyt
MarieMc85
Phoebe
pinkbabe
abbie
COOKIE
tinks76
jay1983
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... - Page 5 Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 11:07 am

opps forgot to add the piccy i have a vest top on lol!
& sorry about the spelling errors!
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

A bit Controversial but can see their point.... - Page 5 Empty Re: A bit Controversial but can see their point....

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 11:10 am

Yeah I’m exactly the same Crystal; no matter what I weigh I’m all skin and bones up top and hips, thighs & bum below.

Crystal wrote:
I did the really stupid thing of just going along with what they say even if it didnt make sense to me as i just wanted to have boobs no matter what...........which is a very silly thing to do :tears:

It wasn’t silly hun, you just go into these things trusting that the professionals know what they are talking about. I'm sorry to hear you're having these problems, I just read your posts on the revision page as well, what a nightmare! Do you think you'll change to unders if they offer you a revision? I've been told by about four surgeons that overs are an absolute no for someone like me, for the reasons you have mentioned. I mean I still have some rippling with unders but if you changed I'm sure it would be a lot less, and you would have more support for your implants as well to help prevent bottoming out xx
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 11:13 am

abbie wrote:
That actually makes you nearer a 28 band. Whats your measurement at the fullest part?

I've read that your meant to add 4 inches if it's an even number or 5 if it's odd to get your band size? The fullest part of my boobs measures 34".
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th November 2010, 11:14 am

Its definatly something ill look into if i can even get the second app!
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 17th November 2010, 11:19 am

coco_ballerina wrote:
abbie wrote:
That actually makes you nearer a 28 band. Whats your measurement at the fullest part?

I've read that your meant to add 4 inches if it's an even number or 5 if it's odd to get your band size? The fullest part of my boobs measures 34".

that makes you roughly a 28E
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 17th November 2010, 11:27 am

coco_ballerina wrote:
abbie wrote:

You're not supposed to do that anymore, that's the old way of doing it. If you measure 27.5 round your band you just round up to the next even number which makes you a 28 band. x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 11:33 am

Crystal wrote:Its definatly something ill look into if i can even get the second app!

Just persevere hun. You should write everything down to build your case against them, including the dates of appointments where you initially raised these issues with them, so they can’t argue that you left it too long. Have you contacted the GMC to see what your rights are? I hope you get everything sorted xx
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 11:35 am

Jessica wrote:
You're not supposed to do that anymore, that's the old way of doing it. If you measure 27.5 round your band you just round up to the next even number which makes you a 28 band. x

Really? I've never heard of doing it this way. I hope I'm not a 28 band as I don't see many shops starting at this size!
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 17th November 2010, 11:36 am

abbie wrote:
that makes you roughly a 28E

That's mad! I don't think I am a 28 band though, as 32 seems to fit perfectly?
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie84 17th November 2010, 11:39 am

Hmmmmm, I've just had my BA on the NHS...I spent ages feeling guilty about it for the reasons that have been made on here. It's not easy getting the NHS to fund your op and to be honest its emotional torture! I had massive assymetry issues, tubulour breasts and also my breasts were actually in diff positions on my chest, ie the crese of my left breast was 2.5 inches lower then my right, i hated them and basically they were ruining my life...now anyway after all the paper work extreme circumstance board meetings, consultations etc they decided to fun my op, I told my surgeon I didnt want them bigger, to me my ba wasnt about having huge boobs, it was about having normal boobs. Anyway this gets to my point, when i was in hosp i was opposite a lady who was having reconstructive surgery after having her breast removed due to cancer. She asked me if i was in for the same reason and I felt sick when i told her why i had my ba. Her reaction was something I will never forget, she said to me "Why the hell should you feel guilty or be made to feel bad for the NHS funding your op? I was deformed because I had cancer, I couldnt help that, you have been deformed since birth and you couldnt help that! " she went on to say "This is an exciting time for me as I have been given my womanhood back, it must be very exciting for you because you've had to live with that forever, I've only had to live with it for a year or so" Her opinion helped me loads what she said is true, my operation was to reconstruct my deformity it wasnt cosmetic, my paperwork all says reconstructive surgery, I don't think its fair to make people feel bad if they have work done on the NHS they judged that my breasts were bad enough to fund the op and thats that, the NHS have been wonderful with me and im truly thankful to them x
Natalie84
Natalie84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 17th November 2010, 11:47 am

my ribs measure 29 and a 32 band is usually too big for me, so I think the only reason the 32 feels ok for you is because youre wearing a smaller cup size than you should be.
If you cant find a 28E then id maybe try a 30DD or a 30D

Mind you, youre quite soon after your op arent you, so you might be better wearing a 32 at the moment, but once youre in normal bras, id go down a back size or two, even if it means you have less choice in bras, as it will give you better support.
I wouldnt be surprised if you went even bigger when your implants have settled and fluffed too.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 17th November 2010, 11:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 17th November 2010, 3:19 pm

Natalie84 wrote:Hmmmmm, I've just had my BA on the NHS...I spent ages feeling guilty about it for the reasons that have been made on here. It's not easy getting the NHS to fund your op and to be honest its emotional torture! I had massive assymetry issues, tubulour breasts and also my breasts were actually in diff positions on my chest, ie the crese of my left breast was 2.5 inches lower then my right, i hated them and basically they were ruining my life...now anyway after all the paper work extreme circumstance board meetings, consultations etc they decided to fun my op, I told my surgeon I didnt want them bigger, to me my ba wasnt about having huge boobs, it was about having normal boobs. Anyway this gets to my point, when i was in hosp i was opposite a lady who was having reconstructive surgery after having her breast removed due to cancer. She asked me if i was in for the same reason and I felt sick when i told her why i had my ba. Her reaction was something I will never forget, she said to me "Why the hell should you feel guilty or be made to feel bad for the NHS funding your op? I was deformed because I had cancer, I couldnt help that, you have been deformed since birth and you couldnt help that! " she went on to say "This is an exciting time for me as I have been given my womanhood back, it must be very exciting for you because you've had to live with that forever, I've only had to live with it for a year or so" Her opinion helped me loads what she said is true, my operation was to reconstruct my deformity it wasnt cosmetic, my paperwork all says reconstructive surgery, I don't think its fair to make people feel bad if they have work done on the NHS they judged that my breasts were bad enough to fund the op and thats that, the NHS have been wonderful with me and im truly thankful to them x

I dont think anyone is trying to make anyone feel bad hunny they are just stating their opinions.

I think reconstruction for cancer patients or for girls in your postion is fine. Its girls who just want bigger boobs with out paying for them that annoy me. I had to find 4k to pay for my BA cos I wanted bigger boobs so why should another girl who has normal boobs even if they are very small not have to pay?

pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 17th November 2010, 3:27 pm

I think that if a person is overweight then they should not have surgery on the NHS as a quick fix. Having this sort of op to me is an easy option and yes they may lose the weight but they could lose it just the same by eating less and exercising. A friend of mine is very overweight and she goes on all the time about wanting a gastric band to fix herself, yet she never considers joing a gym, going for a walk or cutting out the family size lasagnes might actually help her shift the weight. Shes as lazy as hell and me and my friend tell her all the time even doing the house work would help but she cant even be bothered with that.

My point is people just see this type of surgery as a quick fix and think they dont have to do anything and the weight will just fall off them. Why should they have it free on the NHS when they cant even be bothered to do any work themselves to shift the weight. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 17th November 2010, 5:48 pm

Natalie84 wrote:Hmmmmm, I've just had my BA on the NHS...I spent ages feeling guilty about it for the reasons that have been made on here. It's not easy getting the NHS to fund your op and to be honest its emotional torture! I had massive assymetry issues, tubulour breasts and also my breasts were actually in diff positions on my chest, ie the crese of my left breast was 2.5 inches lower then my right, i hated them and basically they were ruining my life...now anyway after all the paper work extreme circumstance board meetings, consultations etc they decided to fun my op, I told my surgeon I didnt want them bigger, to me my ba wasnt about having huge boobs, it was about having normal boobs. Anyway this gets to my point, when i was in hosp i was opposite a lady who was having reconstructive surgery after having her breast removed due to cancer. She asked me if i was in for the same reason and I felt sick when i told her why i had my ba. Her reaction was something I will never forget, she said to me "Why the hell should you feel guilty or be made to feel bad for the NHS funding your op? I was deformed because I had cancer, I couldnt help that, you have been deformed since birth and you couldnt help that! " she went on to say "This is an exciting time for me as I have been given my womanhood back, it must be very exciting for you because you've had to live with that forever, I've only had to live with it for a year or so" Her opinion helped me loads what she said is true, my operation was to reconstruct my deformity it wasnt cosmetic, my paperwork all says reconstructive surgery, I don't think its fair to make people feel bad if they have work done on the NHS they judged that my breasts were bad enough to fund the op and thats that, the NHS have been wonderful with me and im truly thankful to them x
You shouldn't feel guilty at all, you have valid reasons to go to the NHS hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 17th November 2010, 5:48 pm

pinkbabe wrote:I think that if a person is overweight then they should not have surgery on the NHS as a quick fix. Having this sort of op to me is an easy option and yes they may lose the weight but they could lose it just the same by eating less and exercising. A friend of mine is very overweight and she goes on all the time about wanting a gastric band to fix herself, yet she never considers joing a gym, going for a walk or cutting out the family size lasagnes might actually help her shift the weight. Shes as lazy as hell and me and my friend tell her all the time even doing the house work would help but she cant even be bothered with that.

My point is people just see this type of surgery as a quick fix and think they dont have to do anything and the weight will just fall off them. Why should they have it free on the NHS when they cant even be bothered to do any work themselves to shift the weight. x

Totally agree with that. So many people now think they can just have a gastric band and lose weight without any effort at all and end up actually putting on weight.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 17th November 2010, 9:05 pm

i have totally missed all of this.
As an nhs patient i totally agree that it shouldnt be handed out on the nhs to just anyone. In scotland we dont have PCT to go through but its still not easy. However i have heard of people getting them for small boobs, to get fixed after breast feeding and i think that is wrong. Yes if you have tubular breast of extreme size difference then why shouldnt you be fixed? its something you were born with. even breasts (no matter if they are small) and breastfeeding no it shouldnt. I do agree if a woman is suffering with excessively large boobs then help should be offered if her weight is right.

The NHS has to be tighter and make sure those slipping through the net arent getting in. I used to feel guilty for my getting my op but not now. I used to cut my breasts, they destroyed me. I deserved it.
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie84 18th November 2010, 9:09 am

I know people on here aren't trying to make me or other nhs patients on here feel bad hun, thats what is brilliant about this site, everyone is there for eachother, I meant generally lol I should have made myself clearer, sorry xx and yeah totally agree about the gastric band stuff, it's about making lifestyle choices and changes and if people can't do that then maybe they should consider forking out for the 'easy route' themselves. xx
Natalie84
Natalie84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5