Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby...

+4
LJK
clairyt
BlondeBarbie
peewee
8 posters

Go down

Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby... Empty Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby...

Post by peewee 4th March 2009, 9:37 pm

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has any top tips for dealing with my little man who is 20 months after I have my BA and uplift on the 11th.......I am worrying.
all comments accepted with interest!! Thanks yummy mummy's xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby... Empty Re: Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby...

Post by BlondeBarbie 4th March 2009, 10:00 pm

Hiya my daughter was 7 months when i had my BA (shes 17 months now) but i couldnt pick her up or do much for her til about 3/4 weeks post op. Could someone help you a lot with him? xx
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby... Empty Re: Good advice on dealing with a 20 month old baby...

Post by peewee 4th March 2009, 10:30 pm

yeah Hubby is around to help which is brilliant - just going to miss picking him up! Not just that there is the practical side, but yeah i have got some help. Was it 3 weeks or so then for you? Hmmmm did you have overs or unders? Hoping as I am having overs it might be easier?? Just hoping!!
xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairyt 4th March 2009, 10:43 pm

Hi Hun,

I have three kids and when I had my ba they were 5, 3 and 19/20 months. My husband only had a week off work and I can honestly say that I was fine with that. I was able to pick my youngest up after about 1 week quite comfortably (maybe I'm just lucky!!??) I found it a bit tougher pushing the buggy so didn't really do that for about another week but by then I felt pretty much normal. I had overs so maybe that is why it was easier.

x x
clairyt
clairyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by peewee 4th March 2009, 11:01 pm

Thanks Clairyt - I am hoping my arm muscles will take the strain and if I get the little man to kind of walk in to my arms and let my legs take the strain I should be ok? This is what I am hoping anyway - let's see how the reality is next week!! I am hoping overs will make it easier. I was the livliest in the ward after my cesarean so I am hoping that I recover as well this time?? Living in hope lol! xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 4th March 2009, 11:13 pm

Thats good you got hubby. Yeah it was 3/4 weeks before i could pick up my daughter etc. I had unders x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 5th March 2009, 6:42 am

good luck hun, its tricky with children. mine are older,- 10 and 7 years old, and i'm hoping they will be able to do alot for themselves.

maybe see if you have any toddler groups within comfortable walking distance (for both of you), that way he can run off lots of steam at the toddler group and hopefully when you come home, he will need a nice long nap!
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 5th March 2009, 9:31 am

Hi hun, when i had my ba my son was 15 months old, my OH could only get 3days off work!!! So by day 3 i was to doing everything normally with him, it was uncomfortable but if you are careful you should be fine. x
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 5th March 2009, 1:36 pm

Hiya

I'm a single mum and have 2 kids, 3 and 16 months. I didn't even attempt to lift either of them for the first 13 days as I had family staying who did everything like that. On day 13 I had to go it alone....pushing the buggy and driving felt very weird but it was do-able...I just used my arms to steer and used my legs to kind of push me along. I still only lift my baby when I absolutely have to as he's bloomin' heavy!!! It doesn't hurt anymore but it does feel like it's straining my pecs.

I was amazed at how good I felt after 2 weeks though. Things are pretty much back to normal now, 3 weeks on. I had unders.

I'm sure you'll be fine - but my advice is to let other people do the lifting for as long as you can get away with, as that's the only thing I've found uncomfortable. I'd still rather not do it now, but don't have a lot of choice!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 5th March 2009, 1:38 pm

Just to clarify that when I said I used my arms to steer and my legs to push me along...I was talking about the buggy not the car!!!!

(Cue image of Fred Flinstone!)

Hysterical
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 5th March 2009, 3:54 pm

hi hunni
i have 4 kids and my youngest is 18 months
my hubby went back to work after 4 days but i didint pick her up until day 10 and even then only when i had to. i distracted her with other things which she loved.
im sure you will be fine sweety, just one day at a time and you will know when you can pick your little man up.
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 5th March 2009, 6:36 pm

Do you have a bouncer? I transport my 19 month old baby brother everywhere in it, I probably don't realise how much lifting I do cos I don't have the sore boobs to show for it. I hope yours isn't as active as my little brother, he's worn me out allll week!
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 5th March 2009, 6:37 pm

_Carrie_ wrote:Just to clarify that when I said I used my arms to steer and my legs to push me along...I was talking about the buggy not the car!!!!

Hysterical
Hysterical Hysterical 👍
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by peewee 5th March 2009, 6:49 pm

_Carrie_ wrote:Just to clarify that when I said I used my arms to steer and my legs to push me along...I was talking about the buggy not the car!!!!

Hysterical

you did worry me then actually!!! Hysterical Hysterical
thanks all of you for your advice - I suppose its just a case of seeing what I can and can't do - I am sure my body will let me know?!
xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 6th March 2009, 8:07 am

Yes it will.

I also taught my little boy to go up and down the stairs by himself a few weeks before, which helped. I've also often given him his snacks on the floor on a little blanket rather than lifting him into his highchair. And when I lift him I try and use my legs as much as poss and keep my arms in tight...so my body is taking the weight rather than my chest muscles.

And I've reduce the amount of baths my kids have had - have left it to when people are round for the evening to help! I did it for the first time last night though and it was fine.

If I think of any others, I'll add them later!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peewee 11th March 2009, 10:30 pm

hmmm living room floor picnics - that is a good plan. bears, perhaps the dog if he is lucky! yeah i suppose i will just have to come up with new ideas on how to make the little man do stuff for himself! xx
peewee
peewee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down