Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

telling and dealing with kids

+2
Len1
bumblebabe
6 posters

Go down

telling and dealing with kids Empty telling and dealing with kids

Post by bumblebabe 6th May 2010, 9:51 am

i have 3 kids, 11,7,5
how do i explain to the younger ones that i cant cuddle them or carry there school stuff,
they are very effectionate kids and are always sitting on my lap and giving big squeesy cuddles, im so worried they are going to hurt me, if i say i have hurt my tummy they will hang around my neck lol,
also i dont live with there dad i have a nice new husband telling and dealing with kids 557141 , and i dont want ex knowing, so i cant say sore boobies to them,

will i not be able to do much for the few days after? if i cant get myself dressed how will i get the kids dressed for school?, i have no one to help, hubby leaves for work early.
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

telling and dealing with kids Empty Re: telling and dealing with kids

Post by Len1 6th May 2010, 10:13 am

Hmmmm kids are very resiliant and very very caring. If u explain that you have a bad arms and a bad belly and u need them to help u. I think they will be fine - esp the younger one. Mabe u can make a smiley face chart for the younger ones, so everytime they help u - carrying their bags to school, dressing themselves, then u can put a smiley face on their chart and at the end of the week buy them a pressie for all the help they have given u. Just keep telling them as soon as you're better then u will make up for all the missed hugs.

It depends if you're having over's or unders chick, unders will take you longer to recover. I couldn't do anything for at least 4 days post op and then i slowly started to find things easier - its things like lifting the kettle and grating cheese!!!! i found that really hard. By the 10th day post op, i could almost do most things. BUT... just because you feel u can do things doesn't mean u should, dressing the kids should be fine, and carrying there school stuff as long as it isn't to heavy.

good luck
xxx telling and dealing with kids 321562
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th May 2010, 10:25 am

I'd tell the younger children you have a poorly chest, or just something simple that they can understand and won't have you worrying that they'll ask the head teacher can they say prayers in assembly for mummy cos she's had a boob job Hysterical

The older ones, I'd tell them the truth, you're going to need help from the 11 year old and 7 year old if there's no-one else around in the mornings so best they are aware of the situation.

Your OH can help you prepare for the mornings the night before, lay all the clothing out so there's no panic searching for stuff and no PE kit is missing, stuff like that and in the morning, the 11 and 7 year old should be fine getting themselves ready and they would be able to hep getting the two younger ones dressed too - Lens suggestion of a reward system is a great idea for the first week post-op.

As for cuddles, it will be difficult in the early days hun, but explaining you're in pain and that you'll make up for the cuddles when you're feeling better should help, as long as the older ones are aware too they can help distract the little ones. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 6th May 2010, 11:17 am

I would agree with what len and cookie have said. You're going to need some help. Just tell the younger ones that you've got a sore chest, or chest cold or whatever and that for a week or so they'll have to be very careful with you.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 6th May 2010, 12:10 pm

thanks girls,
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 6th May 2010, 2:07 pm

my son's the same with me hes only 4 but hes really lovly and allways wants cuddle's and kiss's really wont leave me alone but as i had to take him to all these appointments iv had hes seen and heard most off it and just says " when's mummy getting big boobies" plus he likes to tell ramdom ppl about whats going to happen which is'nt nice telling and dealing with kids Icon_eek but i had no1 to look after him but im glad he knows whats going on
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 8th May 2010, 6:37 pm

Hi bumblelady,
My son is 13 and daughter is 10. I told them I hurt my back and couldn't cuddle them for a while and that I needed their help around the house. I couldn't tell them I was getting a ba. I'm separated from their father and I could just picture them telling him "hey daddy, mummy got a boob job!" lol. My son said he missed my hugs and of course I nearly cried. It was 1 1/2wks before I was able to give them a little hug and I had overs! They were a great help and I really depended on them a lot that 1st week. Just have as much as possible prepared before your op. Start teaching them to get themselves ready now. They'll will be grand. Good luck. xx
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down