Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Term effects of breast augmentation?

+5
Loxxie
Jemmy
nads
fluffy_bunn1e
smp_123
9 posters

Go down

Long Term effects of breast augmentation? Empty Long Term effects of breast augmentation?

Post by smp_123 10th January 2010, 5:50 pm

Hi All!

New to this forum and currently considering going for a BA in the next few months, been to a consultation and have two more booked.

I have read alot from people about how well their procedures have gone and a few months after but not much about long term effects. I want to know how many people are still happy with theirs in ten years time and what the chances are that you'll need another op sooner rather than later? I think its easier to make the decision now but in ten years time I don't want to have to have it again!
Worried about rupturing long term, CC or sagging after having kids....

Currently 23 yrs old, 32a and thinking of going with 260cc to gain a 32c.....does that sound about right?!

xxx
smp_123
smp_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Long Term effects of breast augmentation? Empty Re: Long Term effects of breast augmentation?

Post by smp_123 10th January 2010, 5:50 pm

p.s If anyone has any pics of 260cc's I'd love to have a look!
smp_123
smp_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Long Term effects of breast augmentation? Empty Re: Long Term effects of breast augmentation?

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 10th January 2010, 5:53 pm

hello and welome hun!
i am only few months post op, and to be honest if i need a re op in future it will be fine fingers crossed. your right to ask questions tho, and do your research xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th January 2010, 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum Long Term effects of breast augmentation? 368291
smp_123 wrote: I think its easier to make the decision now but in ten years time I don't want to have to have it again!
Worried about rupturing long term, CC or sagging after having kids....
Unfortunately you have to be prepared to have another op anytime after having a BA as we never know whats going to happen.

I've got 275s at the moment and will be happy to share when you've posted a little more x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by smp_123 10th January 2010, 5:58 pm

Yes you are right Nads, I think I am just very confused at the moment, I really want this done but have researched thoroughly about complications etc since deciding to go through with it, and now am not sure what to do! Also the money is an issue with re-ops etc. Basically I think I want to know if its all worth it!
You had yours Dec 08, how do you find them now?
smp_123
smp_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th January 2010, 6:08 pm

smp_123 wrote:Yes you are right Nads, I think I am just very confused at the moment, I really want this done but have researched thoroughly about complications etc since deciding to go through with it, and now am not sure what to do! Also the money is an issue with re-ops etc. Basically I think I want to know if its all worth it!
You had yours Dec 08, how do you find them now?
You need to find a company whose aftercare you are happy with hun, i know its confusing but you'll be ok. For me its definately worth it, even after having a revision op i can say that, because i was so unhappy with my pre op chest x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 10th January 2010, 6:23 pm

Hello!

My surgeon always made sure I knew that at some point I would need to have the implants changed. He said about 15 years after the original operation I would probably need to go back to have them changed.

Not sure about everyone else. There are many long term things to look at when having this done. But at the end of the day if you are still worried about these effects then maybe the operation isn't right for you.

You need to be 100% sure as it's not a decision to be taken lightly. I hope you figure it all out x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by smp_123 10th January 2010, 6:31 pm

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

If you take into consideration that you will prob def need a re-op within the next 10-15 yrs do you think its worth paying more for FDA approved implants with a lifetime guarantee such as Allergan Inspira? I have heard that the CUI ones are just as good anyway!

I think I should go through with this as its something I have wanted since I was a teenager. So I sort of think its now or never, why wait! And these forums help hugely in finding out the right info, it gives you courage seeing that other girls have done it and are so happy!
smp_123
smp_123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 10th January 2010, 6:39 pm

Hello there hun Long Term effects of breast augmentation? 855564 I had my BA over a year ago---and I'm even happier with my boobs now than i was a couple of months after, as i reckon for me its taken about 9months to a year for them to settle properly! I'm SOooooo happy i was brave enough to do it! Long Term effects of breast augmentation? 43418
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 10th January 2010, 7:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Long Term effects of breast augmentation? 368291

Great you have done your research, it is much needed to enable you to make an informed choice.

We all have these concerns and with everything there are risks, howecer, if you make wise decisions, many can be avoided.

There is no reason why implants would need to be changed unless they had a fault in manufacture, or in a very rare case they ruptured, so implant make is important. Peoples bodies do change though, with age, childbith, breastfeeding etc. so, what people prefer to look and feel like is a commoner cause for re-op a few years down the line rather than complications from surgery a few yeas later. So, a well established, respected, experienced and qualified surgeon and implants will set you off in the best direction.

Not sure we have anyone with implants 10 years or more here, I would think if there where many, particularly, with any concerns or problems they would have joined up for support and advice.

I am just over a year post-op, and I am thrilled with the new me, my life is soo much better, as I feel complete. I have smallish implants, a natural result and happy with all the choices I made on the long well researched journey to get there. I have had no concerns or problems and would make the same choices again. The surgeon I choose, is available along with his team anytime I feel the need to contact them for however long, I have had no need, but the security of that is peace of mind.

Good luck in your decision making and choices...that is the imperative part...the end results are heartwarming Long Term effects of breast augmentation? 727935 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 10th January 2010, 7:49 pm

I have the CUI implants and they hold a 10 year guarentee from allergan. At my consultations my surgeon said they may need replacing in future but isn't sure when, he did say the old type implants used to last for 10-15 years but the new ones they use today can last a long time. As mia said your body changes as you get older and lots of factors can change your boobs. I know I haven't had children yet and the affects of pregancy on my boobs could mean I need a lift in future, but then again I may not, just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. I have aftercare for 3 years on problems I may get with the implants and five years for rupture. I am saving money each month so that in 5 years time if anything should happen I have money there just in case.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 10th January 2010, 9:24 pm

Hiya - before my BA I was adamant that I would only have it done once in my lifetime, but now I've had it done and the recovery was so much more straightforward than I expected, I honestly wouldn't hesitate. Having new implants in 10-15 years wouldn't bother me one bit and it would be even easier as my kids will be teenagers by then rather than pre-schoolers!! Like Nads, even if I needed revision surgery, or need it in the near future, for me it's still worth it as I was so unhappy with my total lack of boobs - it depressed me no end. And my boobs have made me so happy! hehe

By the way I had 255s and went from no boobs (not even a AA) to a 32D, although I think I look more of a good-sized B/small C, which was exactly what I asked for. If you have more tissue than me then I'm sure you'll get a D at least, although depending on how much you have you may only look a good-sized C...it's impossible to say though so show your ps plenty of pics.

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 11th January 2010, 11:38 am

Hi,

I was told that there is a chance that I will need a re op 10-15 years down the line but that if there are no ruptures and I don't have any complications and I am still happy with them, there is no reason why I would need a re op.

I am 24 and I had 410 overs, which is a large implant. I don't have any kids yet but if having children and getting older and gravity interferes with my boobs, I would have no qualms in getting them done again.

We all have doubts before our ops, I was terrified, it is completely normal. But, I can honestly say, that it is one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm so happy with my boobs and they compliment my figure so much more than my little B cups ever did.

I got finance to pay for my op and I pay £112.25 a month for 3 years. I will either start saving, like MisF1 said or I will get a loan to pay for them again if needs be.

Hope this helps,

Marie

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down