Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symmastia

+6
Mia
Crystal
nads
Jade
fluffy_bunn1e
COOKIE
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Symmastia Empty Symmastia

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:02 pm

Oh my good god!... At my consultation I was told that after my op the skin between my breasts might be raised, PS did say the name for it but I forgot, I've just researched what it is he meant and I'm sat here in tears not knowing what to do!.... Now he said that it would relax in six months but from what I'm reading, there's no way to be sure!!!!! And, it's aparently extremely difficult to correct!!!!!

I'm going to be worse off after this than I am now!!!!!... I know some of you might think I'm being dramatic, but I've already been through so much and this really is the last straw!!

For those that don't know what it is, just google it, it's also reffered to as unibreast!!!!....

What should I do?!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I asked PS was there any way to avoid this happening, he said NO!.....

I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I do, I really don't want to go ahead, but what alternative do I have?

Help!!!!!.... Please!!!!!!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Symmastia Empty Re: Symmastia

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd November 2009, 3:05 pm

a smaller implant? i really dont know hun, im sorry your really upset, i need to research it more before i comment, sorry, just wana send you hugs Hug
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 22nd November 2009, 3:06 pm

cookie, my skin inbetween my boobs is slightly raised but my boobs don't merge into one!

like you, I've been told it will relax but it's not noticeable unles I run a finger down my cleavage xx
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd November 2009, 3:10 pm

You could purchase a thong bra or make one to keep the sternum down hun while you're healing, alot of girls sternums raise up but their implants dont touch and form a uni boob x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:11 pm

Fluffy, I did ask PS was there anyway of me avoiding the problem and he said no... so I guess that would have also included smaller implant as he'd have suggested that... the surgeon I'm using is also renowned for a preference to small breasts but he didn't suggest it...

Jade - Were you told of this possibility prior to surgery?...

I didn't have it after my last surgery and did your PS explain why it happened?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:16 pm

nads wrote:You could purchase a thong bra or make one to keep the sternum down hun while you're healing, alot of girls sternums raise up but their implants dont touch and form a uni boob x

I've never heard of it.... did all of theirs relax and was it visible?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:25 pm

Calmed down now... I've never had a panic attack before but I swear to god I had one a moment ago!!!!....

Maybe because I just feel so crap right now that I'm being dramatic... I'm just scared.... I've loved my boobs since my BA, I hate that they're being taken away from me...

Sorry guys... I'll calm myself down now....
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 22nd November 2009, 3:27 pm

nads wrote:You could purchase a thong bra or make one to keep the sternum down hun while you're healing, alot of girls sternums raise up but their implants dont touch and form a uni boob x

yeah this is what I have- it's my sternum that is raised not the implants meeting in the middle!
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:37 pm

Jade wrote:

yeah this is what I have- it's my sternum that is raised not the implants meeting in the middle!

Were you warned this could happen before Jade? and did your PS say the same as mine did to me that it will definately relax but might take up to six months?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 22nd November 2009, 3:40 pm

cookie wrote:
Were you warned this could happen before Jade? and did your PS say the same as mine did to me that it will definately relax but might take up to six months?

I only noticed it a few days ago but I'm such early days I am taking everything with a pinch of salt as long as it doesn't hurt or ooze! I'm sure they'd spot if that was a problem at my 6 week check!

I was told about that being a complication but wan't specifically told I was at risk from it if you know what I mean- was he speaking in general or you in specific?
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 3:43 pm

Jade wrote:
cookie wrote:

I only noticed it a few days ago but I'm such early days I am taking everything with a pinch of salt as long as it doesn't hurt or ooze! I'm sure they'd spot if that was a problem at my 6 week check!

I was told about that being a complication but wan't specifically told I was at risk from it if you know what I mean- was he speaking in general or you in specific?

He was speaking specifically about the amount of tissue I have between my breasts, he said that because I was very thin there and had little tissue covering my breast bone I should be aware that it could happen.

I was fine after my first BA though.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 22nd November 2009, 4:38 pm

HI cookie I to had a very raise bit in the middle after my op & posted on here and the girls told me not to panic as it was just swelling & it would go down. They were right & its completely gone now but in you case are you shore they told you it was actual symmastia???? cause if that is the case then its not the same as what me & jade had.
Symmastia is more commen in unders & quite uncommen in overs. its where the surgon places the implants poket to close together & they join giving you giving you a uni boob look. i might be wrong but i think this problem is cause by the surgon.................

Are you shore thats symmastia is the name your p.s said?

Sta x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 4:44 pm

Yeah, that's definately the name babe... Maybe he;s worried when removing the rupture that it may effect the position of the pocket?.... I don't know, got myself in quite a state over this earlier though....
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 22nd November 2009, 5:13 pm

Aw Cookie!! Symmastia 571992 xx

Soo glad you say you have calmed down a bit....think we would all react the same, not being dramatic....realistic I would say.

I would be researching too and finding out all I could before, it will enable you to make choices and be aware of any issues that could occur after and not panic too late in the day.

I would discuss more fully with him before your op. as it may not even occur, if it does it may just go in time as you say, or ask if there is anything that can be done to prevent/help/fix it?

Nads suggestion sounds viable re: the bra, I dont know anything about these, I guess Nads could assist more, also ask surgeon about them.

Hope you feel better soon in yourself and about surgery....it can only get better. Thinking of you Symmastia 321562 xxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 22nd November 2009, 5:14 pm

I no there is a risk that everyone can get this but like i said im shore that its a 'surgon error' I googled it when i thought that was what i had ( dame google it causes so much pain & worry!) & i came across a surgon in america who corrected alot off girls who had symmastia & the main reason he gave was other surgon error because they had put the poket to close together in the 1st place with little skin inbetween.

Shorly this can be avoided if he is already aware that you have littke or thin skin between?????? I would get a second opinion hunny.
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 5:40 pm

mia wrote:Aw Cookie!! Symmastia 571992 xx

Soo glad you say you have calmed down a bit....think we would all react the same, not being dramatic....realistic I would say.

I would be researching too and finding out all I could before, it will enable you to make choices and be aware of any issues that could occur after and not panic too late in the day.

I would discuss more fully with him before your op. as it may not even occur, if it does it may just go in time as you say, or ask if there is anything that can be done to prevent/help/fix it?

Nads suggestion sounds viable re: the bra, I dont know anything about these, I guess Nads could assist more, also ask surgeon about them.

Hope you feel better soon in yourself and about surgery....it can only get better. Thinking of you Symmastia 321562 xxxx

Thanks Mia.... I'm not going to have another opportunity to chat with PS until the actual day of surgery now... it's next week!... I'll go through everything again with him before I go under though, but with the rupture needing to come out, I either choose not to go ahead or to have my implants removed, I don't have any choice in leaving the implants as they are... that rupture has got to go....

Sta wrote:I no there is a risk that everyone can get this but like i said im shore that its a 'surgon error' I googled it when i thought that was what i had ( dame google it causes so much pain & worry!) & i came across a surgon in america who corrected alot off girls who had symmastia & the main reason he gave was other surgon error because they had put the poket to close together in the 1st place with little skin inbetween.

Shorly this can be avoided if he is already aware that you have littke or thin skin between?????? I would get a second opinion hunny.

Bit late for a second opinion hunni as surgery is next sunday and as this is a re-op I have to stick with Transform, so my options are very limited...
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 22nd November 2009, 5:42 pm

I am just going to google now cookie...hang on I be bacl..xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 22nd November 2009, 5:50 pm

I understand your situation Cookie!! You could ring him to discuss in morning!!!! and just pre-op too....just to get things clear and understood as much as possible, I certainly would, he and company owes you that. Implants need to go for sure!!! Symmastia 571992 xxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 22nd November 2009, 5:53 pm

Hey lovely, there's some info in our sticky: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Symmastia

Symmastia
is usually a result of over-dissection of the tissues in the cleavage
area. Some surgeons do this in hopes of creating, or increasing
cleavage. Symmastia is commonly referred to as "breadloafing", or
"kissing implants", or "uniboob". With this condition, the implants
actually meet in the middle of the chest, giving the appearance of one
breast, instead of two. Symmastia seems to be more prevalent among thin
women, mainly due to the fact that thin women usually have less tissue
and/or fat covering the sternum. Sometimes, the surgeon will attempt to
release some of these tissues, in order to get the implants closer
together. If you have a qualified, and experienced plastic surgeon,
this is a complication you shouldn't have to worry about. It's the
least common of all cosmetic breast augmentation complications.

I don't know if you'll actually get a uniboob look hun, but your skin might be raised temporarily until your skin gets back t normal. I know the gap in between my boobs was raised until about 3-6 months post op. Without asking your PS exactly why he thinks you'll get this (it could be his error, damage from the rupture or something else entirely) t's hard to say what will happen.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun, I seriously doubt any surgeon will give you a complication and expect you to be happy with it. It would only lead to further surgery down the line and a bad name for himself and the clinic. I'm pretty sure he was just running through the possibility that they'll look a little different to the first op you had.

xxxxxx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 5:53 pm

mia wrote:I understand your situation Cookie!! You could ring him to discuss in morning!!!! and just pre-op too....just to get things clear and understood as much as possible, I certainly would, he and company owes you that. Implants need to go for sure!!! Symmastia 571992 xxxx

Thanks mia Symmastia 571992 That's a good idea....I'm at the clinic tomorrow anyway to have my bloods done so I'll ask them then whilst I'm there.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 22nd November 2009, 5:57 pm

Make sure they note your concerns in your notes too hun.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 5:58 pm

RoxyChick wrote:Hey lovely, there's some info in our sticky: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Symmastia

Symmastia
is usually a result of over-dissection of the tissues in the cleavage
area. Some surgeons do this in hopes of creating, or increasing
cleavage. Symmastia is commonly referred to as "breadloafing", or
"kissing implants", or "uniboob". With this condition, the implants
actually meet in the middle of the chest, giving the appearance of one
breast, instead of two. Symmastia seems to be more prevalent among thin
women, mainly due to the fact that thin women usually have less tissue
and/or fat covering the sternum. Sometimes, the surgeon will attempt to
release some of these tissues, in order to get the implants closer
together. If you have a qualified, and experienced plastic surgeon,
this is a complication you shouldn't have to worry about. It's the
least common of all cosmetic breast augmentation complications.

I don't know if you'll actually get a uniboob look hun, but your skin might be raised temporarily until your skin gets back t normal. I know the gap in between my boobs was raised until about 3-6 months post op. Without asking your PS exactly why he thinks you'll get this (it could be his error, damage from the rupture or something else entirely) t's hard to say what will happen.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun, I seriously doubt any surgeon will give you a complication and expect you to be happy with it. It would only lead to further surgery down the line and a bad name for himself and the clinic. I'm pretty sure he was just running through the possibility that they'll look a little different to the first op you had.

xxxxxx

Thanks Roxy... I'm sure you're right, in trying to mentally prepare myself for what my PS was suggesting may happen, I've managed to get myself all upset, I trust my PS and know he isn't going to do anything to compromise my results, he knows how upset I am about my current appearance now caused by the rupture and assures me he'll do his very best for me...

I'll do as Mia suggested and have a chat with Transform tomorrow... not sure I'll get to speak with PS but I'm sure they'll have someone at hand to go over this with me. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2009, 6:01 pm

RoxyChick wrote:Make sure they note your concerns in your notes too hun.

xx

Ohhhhh. don't worry hun, I know all about having your concerns noted for future reference having just been through a lengthy battle to come to an agreement over re-op...

Thanks for highlighting it though, I'll be sure to mention it again to them and have them note my upset.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 22nd November 2009, 6:03 pm

Ok.. had a search and I am going to pm you hun xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 22nd November 2009, 6:06 pm

cookie wrote:
mia wrote:I understand your situation Cookie!! You could ring him to discuss in morning!!!! and just pre-op too....just to get things clear and understood as much as possible, I certainly would, he and company owes you that. Implants need to go for sure!!! Symmastia 571992 xxxx

Thanks mia Symmastia 571992 That's a good idea....I'm at the clinic tomorrow anyway to have my bloods done so I'll ask them then whilst I'm there.

You go girl... Symmastia 727935 .dont leave without an understanding, from a surgeon, your own preferable....that will lead to knowledge and exceptance of what is possible/likely and your mind will be eased. Personally, I think I would be happy to go ahead in your circumstances if you fully trust your surgeon and it is discussed and noted that you have these concerns again. Symmastia 571992 xxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next