Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rippling???

+3
Jessica
Loxxie
*Carls*
7 posters

Go down

Rippling??? Empty Rippling???

Post by *Carls* 2nd October 2009, 3:59 pm

Hiya girls,

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while as I went back to work and haven't stopped!!!

Just wanted to ask a question, in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that my breasts feel a bit lumpy, I put this down to scar tissue etc but I had a good feel the other day and noticed that the implants in both sides feel like they are all wrinkled?

Is this what is meant by rippling???

It doesn't notice to look at but you can certainly feel it, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks girls your advise would be greatly recieved.

Carlie

XXXXX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Rippling??? Empty Re: Rippling???

Post by Loxxie 2nd October 2009, 6:15 pm

hiya hunnie Rippling??? 855564 I have a little rippling sometimes/sometimes not! I can feel it but not see it+I can feel it a lot less now that i have gained a little weight! x
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 2nd October 2009, 7:18 pm

Hey hun, I can feel really slight rippling if I lean forward and run my finger down the edge of my cleavage. You definitely can't see it though hun, I wouldn't worry if it's only slight, I think most girls with overs or partials have a little bit x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by *Carls* 3rd October 2009, 11:22 am

Thanks girls, I had a look at a picture on line of people bending forwards and showing their rippling and I decided to have a go..........really wish I hadn't......it looks terrible!!!

Can anyone explain what its caused by and if I had it done again would it happen again? I'm gutted!!

Do you think it may have been caused by me losing weight?

I feel terrible!! Do people have to have reop's to solve this?

Thanks girls!

XXXX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 3rd October 2009, 11:26 am

I dont know much about it hun as I'm still pre-op, but I wondered if you could tell me where you saw the pic of rippling online? I'd be interested to see what it looks like in case it happens to me after my op
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by *Carls* 3rd October 2009, 12:39 pm

Hiya Nisey,

I found the pictures on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they have loads of pictures of post op complications on there, it's a good site.

XX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 3rd October 2009, 12:56 pm

Oooh thanks, that looks like a good site at first glance! I shall need to investigate further Rippling??? 557141
So what are you thinking of doing about your rippling then? If it isnt visable unless you're bent over at a funny angle, then maybe you'd be as well just leaving it? If it bothers you that much though, I suppose it might be worth considering a re-op. Whatever will make you happy hun. Keep us up to date with your situation
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 3rd October 2009, 5:50 pm

Carls, can I ask whereabouts the rippling is? xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 3rd October 2009, 6:14 pm

I can feel my implants under my skin too. Sometimes its worse than others eg lost weight, dehydrated. I used to see rippling too on the skins surface which freaked me out but that seems to have improved since I put a few pounds on.
If you can just feel it and only see it when at a funny angle maybe try and live with it if you are happy with your new breasts otherwise.
Are you seeing your surgeon again he may be able to reassure you or come up with a solution?

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by *Carls* 4th October 2009, 5:01 pm

Hiya,

Thanks girls, I feel really disappointed!

Well the only good thing is the fact that I had partials as you can't see it at the top!

But it is all down the sides and round the bottom! It seems to be getting worse to be honest, maybe it's just because I have noticed it and I am now looking for it!

I mentioned it to my OH today and he said "Oh I saw that the other day but just thought it had always been like that"

Can they "uncrinkle?"

I am so gutted!

Thanks for your help girls

XXXX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 4th October 2009, 5:12 pm

Aww hun I'm really sorry you're not happy! Hug

I think things always appear worse when we look at it ourselves and it surely wouldn't appear as bad to other people...I think if you are really unhappy you should go back to speak to your surgeon, perhaps you could consider having the implants put completely under the muscle and that could make a difference? I have heard of rippling improving over time due to weight gain or changes in the natural breast tissue, so it might not even come to that. xxxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 5th October 2009, 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear your unhappy hun.
Unfortunately rippling is common especially in textured implants. It has alot to do with how much natural tissue you have, quality of skin, implant placement etc. It is not actually a complication as such, and surgeons won't re-op under after care policy for this as far as I am aware.
My surgeon held up a silicone implant by its edge so it hung and showed me the ripples around it - this is a natural characteristic of the implant. If you have thin skin/not very much breast tissue this will show I'm afraid. It is normal for most women to have it around the sides and under their boobs. I think we are quite hard on ourselves, and is not as noticable to other people, I know that probably doesnt help, but just wanted to reassure you that it isn't a serious complication and is very common.
Big hugz xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by *Carls* 5th October 2009, 7:29 pm

Thanks luvjugz, you have made me feel a thousand times better, it's actually really nice to know that it's common.

Just wished I had gone for the full unders now instead of partials!

I booked up an appointment with my surgeon today but thinking maybe I should cancel it and leave it until my next check up thing in Jan!

Thanks girls, your great as always Rippling??? 321562

XXXX
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th October 2009, 4:06 pm

Hi hun, glad you're feeling a little better about it, there is no implant on the market yet that doesnt wrinkle when inside and cause ripplies so its down to our bodies and existing tissue if it shows. Its normal to have some on the side of the boobs but if you had it all over your cleavage i'm sure a revision would be granted. Getting full unders may have masked it a little more but it may not. Did you keep your appointment? x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Carls* 12th October 2009, 10:33 am

Hi girls,

I didn't keep my appointment in the end, I'm thinking of waiting for my next post op early next year.....maybe things will of settled by then.

I think they look a little better but I'm going to wait and see!

Thank you all so much for your support XXXXX Rippling??? 259990

XXXXXXxx
*Carls*
*Carls*
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down