Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rupture revision costs

3 posters

Go down

rupture revision costs Empty rupture revision costs

Post by melloumaw 22nd January 2016, 9:29 am

hi I've been AWOL since 2011 as i haven't had a moments bother with my twins.my right has always had the scar lower and ached a bit but no real cause for concern.
Approx 2 months ago i noticed a lump under my right breast,Doc couldn't feel it. 1 month ago my armpit started to get lumps i now have 2 pea lumps on the outer rim of implant and 2 large kidney bean ones in the armpit, i also have a lump in my suprasternal notch.
The doctors feared the worst.Cue breast clinic urgent appointment yesterday. the Doctor appears concerned until he reads boob job in file, and his attitude seems less concerned,i was due a mammogram biopsy and ultrasound. i only got an ultrasound. His findings were... possible rupture with a lump under breast that needs biopsy, we wont do the biopsy its too near the implant, we will remove the breast to get the lump though.oh but we wont replace the implant.  shrug if you want it replacing we suggest going private and they can send us the lump!!!!!
so i have a suspicious lump that your willing to leave in place unless i let you remove one implant? or immediately have a re-op at my expense,answer yes, but the lumps not suspicious, oh so why do you want to biopsy it? answer just to check. grrrr
i have demanded an MRI as im unsure whether there is a rupture or whether they don't want to do the biopsy in case they rupture it therefore leaving them liable.
i have phoned THG who have been brill ordering my file from archives, my implants are still covered by guarantee but i would have to pay surgeon costs, does anyone have a rough idea to the cost of this,just so i have my options available to me
if anyone has been in a similar position please post
all the best mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

rupture revision costs Empty Re: rupture revision costs

Post by Charlii 22nd January 2016, 11:34 am

Hey, don't want to read and run, but I had same surgeon and size, and although not a rupture, am in a similar position. I'll sit and type up my story this eve for you :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 22nd January 2016, 2:12 pm

thank you for replying charlii
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd January 2016, 7:12 pm

SOOOO...

I've been in discomfort since probably 6m. Had a lot of back and forth with my surgeon. Then noticed this 'crunching' feeling when I moved my left breast. Went back to THG and they suggested an ultrasound. Was treated like cr@p in the breast clinic because I'm obviously not 'worthy' enough. They said the ultrasound was all clear and I send a copy of the results through to THG. Left it another 6months or so, and last Nov it was getting worse again. Back to THG, and to be fair to them, they have been great. Offered me a full replacement at no cost...but smaller. So I went in search of 2nd opinions. Saw Anthony Armstrong, and he suggested MRI. Unfortunately, without sound reason, the NHS wont pay for this. I had to go privately and pay for it. £850. They put you in a superman pose on your front with each boob in a cage. I then went back on Tues just gone for the results, and its all clear for me. So I have to make some decisions.

I'm sorry to hear all the problems you're having. Sadly its not an unfamiliar story. NHS will only ever cover the bare minimum to keep you alive and healthy, so yes, they will remove but not replace. But its fishy to me that they've gone 'oh, implants, must be a rupture, pass her on'. I think if you're able to afford one, maybe look into getting the MRI privately. But saying that, if THG have already agreed to a re-op, it might be worth taking it. Don't quote me, but I think its around 2K just for the surgeons cost. I'm sure they'll let you know if you ring up. And they would remove any lumps and send off for biopsy for you.

I know its not what you want to hear, and having to spend that money again isn't ideal. But if you do have a rupture, it is best to get it seen to and dealt with asap. Best of luck with things, let me know how it all goes. And what they offer to replace with, I've been offered the motiva range, which I'm happy with, but their size ratio doesn't add up with the natrelles, i.e.. same diameter and projection, but a much bigger CC.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 22nd January 2016, 7:22 pm

thank you for taking your time to let me know. im due the mri within 2 weeks,so once i have the results to that i will email them to THG and they will be able to help further. sheryl said it would be the motiva range with the chip in. and that they would do both for me. i had noticed they dont do the same size as the ones i have in so it would be ever so slightly larger replacements.
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd January 2016, 8:03 pm

Yeh, I got a bit suspect of that. I have the high profile 340, but the matching size motiva would be a 410?!

Glad you've got your mri booked, hope it all goes well!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 19th February 2016, 9:44 am

MRI results show intra capsular rupture in R, with silicone in the lymph nodes, im due to see the NHS plastic surgeons but i know this only so they can discuss removal, i will call THG with results and see what they say about it, there's just so much going on with my DH needing an op that's going to have a long recovery time, that i just can't have both of us incapacitated at the same time.
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 19th February 2016, 4:42 pm

So sorry to hear that, I hope that you can work something out so that you both can have the care that you need x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 22nd February 2016, 7:44 am

thanks for that, it never comes easy does it?
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 22nd February 2016, 11:31 am

No, never easy. Does your DH have an op date or will that be an NHS we've finally got a space thing. Could you get in for reop a few weeks before DH so that you can recover a little before hand? X
Probably something you've already thought of x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 22nd February 2016, 2:21 pm

his op is this Saturday, he will be for at least 6 weeks.
work isn't happy about time off i've had for various illness's.so really i need to wait till the school holidays.
x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 22nd February 2016, 8:01 pm

Ah, well at least he's going in soon, can get his healing done so you can get booked in, could you aim for the Easter hols? Do you get 2 weeks off with the children? Are they old enough to offer a little help while you recover xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 23rd February 2016, 9:23 am

i only took 2 weeks off last time and i think i probably needed longer. i work in school dinners and its all manual handling, so i think the 6 week hols look more likely. the girls are older but still need ferrying about to school, dog cats chickens and hamsters need looking after too..arrgghh lol 
x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 25th February 2016, 10:22 am

Blimey you certainly do have your hands full. Think 6 week hols are probably best if you think it's safe to wait that long with the rupture. I don't know much about ruptures. Hope all goes well for your DH on Saturday x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 25th February 2016, 2:14 pm

thank you,
i've had many GA ops since i've been with him,but he's had nothing i think i'm worried more than him
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 3rd March 2016, 12:39 pm

Hi, hope all is well after the op x
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 7th March 2016, 9:23 am

he's doing really good thanks, 1st physio today so will know just how well then.
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 23rd March 2016, 8:38 am

just to update dh is doing really well,
 i had a plastic surgeon nhs consult, he isn't convinced its ruptured, he said mri can show implant edges or muscle edges(for under muscle) as ruptures, they finally did a biopsy of my armpit lumps, (he was disgusted it hadn't already been done with the size of them),he thinks the armpit lumps are fighting a problem elsewhere in my body possibly my throid. the lump at 6 o'clock appears to be a necrosed fat lump, or benign cancer lump.
just waiting on biopsy for the lumps in my throat which are actually thyroid nodules, 
just more waiting until i know what to do. 
i mean what happens if my implant isn't ruptured? yet the mri says it is,i go for them replacing and what they charge me full price once i have them removed, still no further forwards.
grrrr
sorry for the rant
mel
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 24th March 2016, 11:13 am

No worries, rant away, much better than bottling it in.
Glad to hear your DH is healing well.
At least you now know what the lumps in your pits are, that's one thing ticked off. What did the ps suggest about doing with them, will they cut them out?
Fingers crossed for the thyroid biopsy, hope that comes back with good news.
As for the implant???? I don't know what to say, maybe have a word with your private surgeon see what her says to the nhs surgeons comments.
Easier said than done but do try to not stress to much over it all, stress is not going help. The website realself is good for getting some suggestions from surgeons. Maybe but your sinario on there with a picture (if there is anything noticeable) and see if they can give some sort of idea as to what's to be done xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down