Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic!

+9
kay-uk
BkozK
blush89
Twinky
anneritchley
mrskelly
Hattie73
Charlii
Macromilly
13 posters

Go down

Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic! Empty Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic!

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 1:48 pm

Hello ladies - quick update - I've spoken to my clinic and my PS has tried to call me too but we've missed each other so far. I have decided to postpone by BA tomorrow but I don't want to alarm anyone who has these implants. With everything I've read to today (and that's a lot) including a detailed email from my PS, I'm personally not concerned about their safety, but my PS and clinic can't use them until new approval is granted.

I'm not an expert and so I don't want to interpret the info I've read today or give advice on it. If you have these implants I would say contact your PS and I feel sure that your mind will be put at ease f you have concerns. So why am I postponing? I was told that could have another implant tomorrow, but the control freak that am, I just can't get comfortable with it at such short notice. It's taken me 2 years of researching surgeons, clinics and implants to get here. Having a last minute change the day before my BA will just about send me over the edge :-)

There has been no pressure from my PS or clinic to go ahead tomorrow. I'm going in to see my PS tomorrow morning to discuss my options. I hope to be on a countdown to new boobs again soon.....  A shorter one this time!!!
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic! Empty Re: Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic!

Post by Charlii 24th September 2015, 2:16 pm

That's such a sensible decision. And by the sounds of it, they may even be back on the market very soon. Hopefully it all sorts itself out and you don't have to wait too long for your new date.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic! Empty Re: Silimed BA postponed, but let's not panic!

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 2:18 pm

Fingers crossed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hattie73 24th September 2015, 2:50 pm

So sorry you've had to postpone ... But sensible, you need to have a chat with your ps before you make a decision... Definitely not something to rush... Hope you get a new date sorted soon xx
Hattie73
Hattie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 24th September 2015, 2:57 pm

So sorry but like everyone else has said its the best decision. Hope you get another date sorted soon. xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 24th September 2015, 3:06 pm

Hi, I admire your sensibleness. A good move. I hope you come to a decision soon as to what implant your having. And that was a very wise post to write. Let us know how you get on tomorrow xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 3:12 pm

Thanks ladies - I'll post and update tomorrow once I've talked things over with my PS :-) xx
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 24th September 2015, 3:13 pm

Hopefully you can discuss alternatives tomorrow, and it will give you something to go away with to research or think over.

Good Luck, man, sods law eh! Xx
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 3:16 pm

You couldn't make it up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 24th September 2015, 3:37 pm

Gosh what a pain :( I emailed my PS this morning as I have these implants and she posted a really reassuring reply which I've posted in the other thread. Think you are doing the right thing though, very sensible and admirable xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 3:55 pm

Yes I read your post, thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'm not concerned about the PURE implants, just couldn't quite get my head round a last minute change. I just need a minute to talk it through and I'll be back on track. Bloody inconvenient though!!!
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 24th September 2015, 4:20 pm

Ah damn shame, more waiting. But wise to hang fire and not rush into anything. Best of luck tomorrow and fingers crossed for a new date xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 24th September 2015, 4:31 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'll update you tomorrow Hun xx
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 24th September 2015, 5:21 pm

Very sensible and I think it's the right choice. I have as feeling I wouldn't have been so level-headed as I'm just so desperate to join the boobie club! Hopefully you get re-book/sorted soon!
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 24th September 2015, 7:11 pm

Echo what all the others have said - it's your body and you have to feel 100% clued up and comfortable with what is going in it. Keep us posted and fingers crossed for a new ticker soon! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 24th September 2015, 7:15 pm

Well done for staying level heading and having a sensible approach to this hun, take your time and do what you feel is right for you. Really well written post.

Good luck x
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 25th September 2015, 6:05 am

Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] like all the girls have said, I really admire your decision, such a sensible approach! I hope your appointment today goes well and look forward to hearing all about it. If it helps, I have the PURE implants as those were the ones my surgeon uses, I don't think any difference in quality between those and silimed xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 25th September 2015, 9:39 am

Hope your appointment goes your way today and yu manage to get something sorted. xxx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by ScotsGirl78 25th September 2015, 1:30 pm

Ah I'm so excited for your BA I really want to hear how you get on with Mr G. I think you're doing the right thing and there is no way I would go ahead with a last minute change like that either. Don't know about the probs with those implants though so better go off and do some searching. 

xx
ScotsGirl78
ScotsGirl78
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 26th September 2015, 7:47 am

Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've just posted an update about my meeting with my PS yesterday, but just to let you know the PURE implants are made by Silimed but my surgeon uses the same PURE line and they're not affected by this issue x
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 26th September 2015, 8:17 am

Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Oops I made a mistake, mine aren't PURE they are Polytech ones - made by different company. But great to hear that the PURE ones not affected by the issue :-). Good luck with your journey and exciting times still ahead for you!! Xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down