Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision surgery to go smaller!!!

+2
mirren001
Janey78
6 posters

Go down

Revision surgery to go smaller!!! Empty Revision surgery to go smaller!!!

Post by Janey78 20th July 2015, 10:35 pm

Hi Gals I had my BA 9 months ago but I've been unhappy with the results as my boobs are noticeably different sizes and I feel they are bigger and more noticable than I had wanted.
I haven't told anyone about my BA except hubby and my mum.  I don't want anyone to know. But they are really noticable.  I had barely any bust before and just wanted a small bust to fill a bra but I feel they are now really prominent and obvious.  I had said I'd like a B cup but I am defo a full C.  I honestly know how ungrateful I am sounding right now but I feel I have gone from one extreme to another.  I always have to be careful of what I wear 1) to hide the large size 2) to hide the asymmetry.
So my mum is loaning me the money to get revision surgery! Thankgod!!

I have seen plenty posts about girls getting revision to go bigger but none going smaller??  Has anyone had revision and gone smaller on here??
Surgery is 2 weeks away and I'm bricking it.  I really hope it turns out ok.  I am constantly worrying about this
Going from anatomicals 255 full projection both sides to........205moderate/180 moderate.  My other option is 235 full/185 full.
After reading some posts I am concerned about pocket size and rotation risks with a smaller implant.

Any advice would be much appreciated its so frustrating not being able to talk about it to anyone else. 

Thanx In Advance
Janey78
Janey78
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Revision surgery to go smaller!!! Empty Re: Revision surgery to go smaller!!!

Post by mirren001 21st July 2015, 5:45 am

Sorry to hear your having revision surgery, your results not being what you had hoped for doesn't make you sound ungrateful, you want & deserve to be happy with the outcome! Hug
I personal don't have any experience in going smaller but your surgeon I'm sure has done many ops so will be able to reassure you regarding your concerns & what he will do during op ti minimise the risk of complications such as rotation, perhaps by stitching pocket in some way to accommodate  your new implants.
Hope everything goes well with your op & your results are just perfect!
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 21st July 2015, 8:00 am

Sorry to hear about this lovely. I don't have any experience or advise to give (I am sure someone who has experience will be along soon) Just try not to worry! Your surgeon knows what he is doing and I am sure you will be in good hands.

Let's hope this time round you are much happier! Xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st July 2015, 8:11 am

Hi Janey, 

I've twice reduced in size so I feel your pain babe Hug

From what you've discussed here with you not mentioning an uplift you're lucky to be able to get away with that, but with you not having the surgery long ago and the fact the decrease isn't a vast amount you'll get away with that, your surgeon may do what mine did for my last decrease without an uplift and just tuck away into the breast crease any additional skin to help create a better aesthetic appearance. Also if the pocket is now too big your surgeon will perform a pocket revision, which just stitches it tighter to create a smaller pocket for the new implant. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey78 21st July 2015, 10:10 pm

Thank you very much girls! Really appreciate you all getting back to me! Glad I have someone to talk to about all this!!
Cookie he has warned me that they will not look as perky as they are right now (especially righty), but at no point did he suggest or mention an uplift?? I can live with a little sag if they are gonna be the size I'd like and a little more symmetrical.  I just hope 25cc is enough to balance the difference a little.  I'm not expecting them to be twins but don't like the obvious difference I have now. 
When you reduced by 50cc did you notice a big difference? Think I'm gonna ask if I can see him again at my medical next weekend and ask about the pocket revision??
Two weeks today and it'll be done! Soooo nervous, I have to get it right this time!!!  I just want to be happy with them and not feel self concious anymore!!
Janey78
Janey78
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey78 1st August 2015, 9:24 pm

Was in for my pre op medical today and I asked to have a word with the surgeon and after our conversation I don't have any confidence in him at all!!
I asked if I would need a pocket revision since I'm now having smaller implants and was worried about rotation etc he said it would definately not be needed.
I then went on to ask if he was fairly certain 25cc difference between implants(205/180) was enough to correct the asymmetry he just shrugged his shoulders and said " I don't know".  I told him I was worried I should have stuck with the implants which would have given 35cc (220/185) difference between them.  He just shrugged his shoulders again and said "I don't know, what do you want me to say?" I just wanted to know which he thought would be closest and I know he can't guarantee results but I wanted his professional OPINION, after all I'm not a surgeon but he is!!  Even when he was reading from his notes he had the sizes wrong and he was acting like he really couldn't care less. I felt like an inconvenience.  I was only looking for reassurance but everything I asked with answered with I don't know.  I think I annoy him as I've been back and forward a few times but its because he is not indepth and always so vaugue.  He is also the one who said I wouldn't need different sized implants in the first place which was wrong. I was really teary when I left today and can't stop thinking about it now.  I have a really bad feeling about this, I'm supposed to be going on Tuesday for surgery!!!
I've already paid my £5,300 for this revision but I'm not sure I want to go through with it now.  I wish I had picked another surgeon or gone to an accredited surgeon for sizing advise first.  I don't want to end up paying 10k and not be happy.  Won't be sleeping tonight!!
Janey78
Janey78
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd August 2015, 6:49 am

Oh you poor thing. When did you pay the money? Have you tried getting it back? If you're not confident in him, you really shouldn't go ahead with it. I know you're so close to surgery, but if you're not happy, it's worth waiting for the right surgeon. I'd try for my money back if I were you
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey78 2nd August 2015, 7:29 am

I paid the money on Friday Charlii.  I was on the BAAPS website last night and found 2 surgeons who I have emailed.  I was thinking even if they gave me a consultation and advised me on the size of implants to get and then I could go back to this surgeon and ask for those sizes?
Half of me is saying just go ahead with surgery on Tuesday the asymmetry is bound to be better because he is using different sized implants anyway but half of way is saying don't trust him he doesn't really know what he is doing and I might still be unhappy.
Aaaaargh! Dilema Dilema
Hardly slept last night huh smiley
Janey78
Janey78
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd August 2015, 9:08 am

To me, you're not 100% sure, and you're putting your body in his hands. You should have a cooling off period to change your mind and request a refund. If you've put it on credit card, you might be able to get it back that way. Or, you can postpone. That might be the best option for now, then like you say, get another opinion, and go ahead with whats booked.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 3rd August 2015, 1:56 pm

I agree with charli, you need to be 100% confident otherwise you will doubt the decisions made forever more. I'm also surprised you're being charged so much for your revision when your first surgery was so recent and didn't get you the result you requested . Your surgeon obviously doesn't feel you need it so probably doesn't understand your goal? I would be requesting a refund ASAP and getting some 2nd opinions. Doesn't stop you going ahead with your original surgeon, just means you're armed with better knowledge. Perhaps downsizing isnt what you need, it could be down to placement or pocket size??
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey78 5th August 2015, 2:08 pm

Hi Girls, I was emailing a BAAPS surgeon back and forward but he couldn't see me before Tuesday.
 I tried to cancel my scheduled op but they said I would be charged 100% of the fee because it was too close to cancel, I then tried to reschedule to another date but they said I could only reschedule for this Friday at an additional cost of £1500 and that my surgeon would have to approve any changes and he wouldn't be available anyway as he was doing surgery all week???? So this was not an option. Anything later than Friday would be considered a cancellation.
  They gave me £1000 discount apparently but made me pay for the revision as I "signed" to say I was happy with the size recommendations at the time of my first operation.  Surgeon also thought the size difference was not that obvious.......it was soooo obvious!!
So I had no choice but to go for the surgery yesterday.
Asymmetry is still there, I'm praying it will look better after any swelling has gone. 
I'm angry at myself more than anything I've always found my surgeon a little intimidating and vaugue, so I should have chosen another one or sought out the opinion of A BAAPS surgeon a lot earlier and I'm sure the outcome would have been much different nope nope nope
Janey78
Janey78
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 5th August 2015, 2:55 pm

Oh Janey I hope you're ok. Rest up and try not to worry about it, you know from first time round how long it takes before you can see the end result. I really hope they're ok.

There's another gold star for Transforms aftercare and customer service... growl
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 13th August 2015, 1:40 pm

Hope your not in too much discomfort & that you asymmetry is corrected as they heal/settle! Hug XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down