Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test for ruptured implant

+5
angelkitten1
Jessica
dbs
misf1
Nisey
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Test for ruptured implant Empty Test for ruptured implant

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 11:50 am

Apparently Transform's aftercare covers you for all complications occuring within 3 years, and for implant rupture for 5 years. The thing is, how do you know if your implant has ruptured? Do you have to go and get tests done for it every now and again? Do the NHS pay for this? I find it hard to imagine that they would... Anyone know much about this?
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Test for ruptured implant Empty Re: Test for ruptured implant

Post by misf1 20th July 2009, 12:56 pm

I think you would notice lumps from silicone or swelling under your arms, although you can have silent ruptures. They say they offer complete care so I suppose they would do the tests, I think there is a squeeze test, mammography, sonography and MRI scans used to detect rupture not sure if they would do the tests or if you would have to be reffered by your GP. It's bad isn't it, I have them and I just thought I would know if they ruptured.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 2:11 pm

I dont think they do give you the tests though to be honest, I think you'd have to get them yourself. I dont know how you'd go about that though :-S
Sorry, I'm probably just over thinking here about everything but I guess its something we'll all need to think about sooner or later.
xx
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 20th July 2009, 2:16 pm

you need to organise it yourself at your own expence, first point of call would be your g.p. I think its recommended you have an MRI scan every 5 years (but even these cannot always detect ruptures)
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 2:28 pm

I wonder how much it'll cost? I'll need to ask my GP...
xx
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th July 2009, 2:34 pm

hmm guess I better join bupa, or check my health insurance see if they cover it, they seem to cover everything else.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 20th July 2009, 3:56 pm

speaking as someone who works in that field I can safely say your insurance will NOT cover that! lol x
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 20th July 2009, 4:00 pm

jings ive never thought of that, ive had 3 sets of implants now, the first set i had in for 9 years.
i never had any problem, i always thought too id you had a problem with them you would somehow just know.
either inflammation or swelling, pain or something i'm sure there would be some sort of indication that something was not right.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 20th July 2009, 4:42 pm

yeah i think u would know i wouldnt worry rupture only usually happens with bad car crash big bang to the chest or pip implants
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 20th July 2009, 5:56 pm

Breast surgery is not a once in a lifetime operation, it says on the MHRA website and thats the official governing body for the U.K so im inclined to think its true, and as long as you go into it knowing this, then you will know what to expect.

Also, although fairly new, you can now get insurance for your implants, its through Lloyds pharmacy and its called the beautysure program- have tried to click on their website but its currently unavailable, I know it covers cc but not sure about rupture.
found a bit about costs from here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 20th July 2009, 6:02 pm

This is really interesting. It had never crossed my mind before that something could be wrong and I wouldn't know about it.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 20th July 2009, 6:02 pm

Usuallya ruptured implant hangs differently from an in tact one, it may become really soft compared to the other and seem more floppy, this is what i've heard from a girl who has a ruptured implant. As most implants have cohesive gel in them now the silicone should not migrate outside of the shell even in the event of a rupture, plus the shells are much stronger now than say 10 years ago.
In the US they recommend an MRI every 2 years with silicone to check for ruptures, even with cohesive implants :dunno: we dont have that here, apparently a ultrasound is meant to be cheaper and easier to find out if an implant has ruptured
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th July 2009, 7:30 pm

boob insurance, I like it. I will look into that.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 8:17 pm

I'm such a worrier! Thinking of all the problems before I even have the implants lol. I think I'll just ask about it when I call up to book my date, hopefully sometime this week. And I'll also ask my GP when I next have an appointment. I hope these tests arent too expensive though, as I can imagine myself wanting to make sure everything is ok fairly often!
xx
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 20th July 2009, 8:49 pm

you probably won't worry as much as you think you will nisey hun, it's funny because when you have had implants in for a while you forget they are implants.
they become just like any other part of your body and you won't be constantly worrying about them.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 8:54 pm

I dunno about that... I'm not sure you understand just how much of a worrier I am, honestly I'm a total nightmare! Hysterical
xx
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 20th July 2009, 8:57 pm

my younger sister is like that too, she is constantly going to the doc with a list of things Hysterical i'm forever laughing at her because of it.
relax hunny once you have your boobies in and they are all healed you will be too busy showing them off and looking at them to worry.
and of course you have all of us girls on hand if you need advice too.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 9:01 pm

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure I'll adore them and that all doubts will disappear once they're really mine and all healed and pretty! I hope so anyway :)
At least its better that I've thought of all these things though, and dont get a terrible shock if something does go wrong. If I'm prepared for the worst, things going well will be a pleasant surprise! Hysterical
xx
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 20th July 2009, 9:02 pm

i spent 10 years worrying about having it done such a waste of time they are strong now and with a good company u get good aftercare
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 20th July 2009, 9:03 pm

yeah definately a good way to think about it i guess, i don't usually think of the bad things until they are actually happening and then Shocked :pale: so yeah at least you are prepared.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 20th July 2009, 9:06 pm

I wish I was able to relax and not worry about things until they happen! Worrying before hand doesnt really change things. I suppose you have a better idea of how best to deal with it at the time, but still, on the whole the bad things that you waste time worrying about dont actually happen. If only my feelings followed my logic, stupid brain! Hysterical
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 21st July 2009, 1:15 pm

I worried for ages about having them done and the things that can go wrong and then somebody put it into perspective. There isnt a lot that lasts a lifetime- think about it like you are investing in a car, you need insurance and mot- it has to be changed every few years, due to wear and tear and people invest in cars all the time so what not boobs?! Implants will probably have a longer life, they come with lifetime guarantees, although I know they cant guarantee against capsular contracture or other problems, for me its a risk worth taking and has boosted my confidence and thats worth it in itself.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 21st July 2009, 2:23 pm

My mood has been up and down like a yo-yo the last few days. I basically need to make a decision to go for it now or not by tomorrow or Thursday so I can arrange time off work and book my date. I'm so so confused. One minute I think yes, this will be a good thing for me and my life. The next I think its a silly idea and that I'll end up regretting it and have lots of problems etc etc. I wish I could just settle on a decision and be happy with it!
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 21st July 2009, 2:51 pm

Not that it will help you decide but my final desicion was no. id abandoned the idea completely as was worried about the risks, kept off the websites and pushed it to the back of my mind...but you know what...a few months passed and it was still there, I couldnt get it out of my head and realised the only way I would stop thinking about it is by going ahead with it, and I did, and I dont have any regrets now. xx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 21st July 2009, 2:59 pm

Yeah, I dont see myself being able to fully be comfortable with myself unless I go for it. I've got this far, researched it lots, been to meet surgeons, told friends and family. Now it seems the only thing thats changed my mind is the variety of different people giving a negative view on it in some way. I think its worn me down and got me thinking differently. I'll regret it many times in my life if I dont do it. But I might regret it severely if I do do it and have some sort of serious complication somewhere down the line. It really is a hard decision to make.
Nisey
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next