Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP Implant has ruptured :-(

+3
Lisa34
tinkerbell24
pinkscorpio
7 posters

Go down

PIP Implant has ruptured :-(  Empty PIP Implant has ruptured :-(

Post by pinkscorpio 18th June 2013, 12:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this but really need your help!

I had my boobs done 5 years ago in Syria and i found out 2 years ago that they where in fact PIP implants. Following this i went straight the doctors (as my hospital in syria is no longer standing) and they referred me to my local hospital were i received a free scan which showed they had not ruptured and was told to keep an eye on them however there was no concern to have them removed at this time. (when asked they said they wouldn't remove them anyway unless they had ruptured!)  

3 weeks ago i felt a tender lump under my left armpit so i went the doctors who referred me to hospital. Ive just got back after being told my left implant has ruptured and leaking into my lymph node and that i should wait (wait?) for a further scan??? but the doctor then went on to say as i didn't get them done on the NHS then there is nothing they can do and that i will have to go private, is this true? i haven't got £4k sitting in the bank and how much damage is this stuff doing to me while I'm waiting?   

please can anyone give me any advice Lisa xxx
pinkscorpio
pinkscorpio
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

PIP Implant has ruptured :-(  Empty Re: PIP Implant has ruptured :-(

Post by tinkerbell24 18th June 2013, 12:25 pm

Aw sorry to hear this. im not much help but i know for a fact someone will be along real soon to help xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 18th June 2013, 12:30 pm

Hi huni x from my understanding the nhs will remove the implants free of charge however they will not replace them. If you want them removed and replaced you will have to go privately I'm afraid. Did you pay for them using a credit card? If you did you may be able to claim it back from the credit card company. There is a whole section here dedicated to women with PIP's xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th June 2013, 12:32 pm

Welcome to Breast Buddies Lisa and I'm sorry you found us under such sad circumstances.

You CAN have the implants removed on the NHS. The NHS has a duty of care to you and the government has agreed to removal of the implants for free.

What you can't have on the NHS Lisa, are replacements. The NHS will remove only and stitch you back up babe. If you wish to have implants then you will need to go private again and pay for them.

This is a disgrace that we all agree on here but sadly this is is how it is right now and as you have a confirmed rupture those implants need to come out NOW. I'm not sure what the further scan is for.. Maybe if you just had an ultrasound you'll now have an MRI, to give an more indepth view of where the silicone has leaked babe. But they do need to come out.

Some clinics will offer discounts for women with PIPS but its nothing substantial Lisa. So if you want to keep your implants unfortunately you're looking to spend money you have or get a loan to pay for them.

My heart goes out to you sweetheart and if there's anything we can do for you do please ask. 

There is lots of information in this section of the forum for you so you may find that helpful to read to.

We're here to support you all the way Lisa and hope whatever decision you come to, its one that you feel happy with. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th June 2013, 12:49 pm

Hi Lisa, so sorry youve had a rupture and the PIPS :( Must be really stressful for you...im still pre BA so not much help but the advice above is great.  Like they said, the NHS will take them out but not replace.
Sadly, if you do want a replacement your need to go private and most likely take out a loan. Im paying half of my BA off that way and have got a great rate from tesco. Also some clinics do a year intrest free...

Sorry its not all positive, but at least you have found out about the rupture and can have them out asap. Good luck and keep us updated xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkscorpio 18th June 2013, 12:55 pm

thank you so much for all your advice! unfortunately i paid cash for my previous implants. (stupidly thought i was getting a bargain at £1200) Your right i know my health needs to come first so i will start to look for a good surgeon in the northwest who may be able to help. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon or clinic that i can trust? xxxx
pinkscorpio
pinkscorpio
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th June 2013, 1:05 pm

I'd personally recommend you use a BAAPS surgeon Lisa.

If you click your area in the link HERE you will find a list of surgeons and were they work in your area. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 18th June 2013, 5:53 pm

Hi Lisa,

So sorry that you are having to go through this! I also joined this site recently having found out I have PIPs, I only found out when one of them changed how it felt and now causes me a lot of pain, making me suspect that it may have ruptured or may be "sweating" the silicone from the shell.

There are lots of fab ladies on here who have a wealth of knowledge and we are all here to support you through this terrible time. Let me know if you ever need to chat, it can be a lonely and worrying time Hug
-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st July 2013, 1:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your ruptured PIP's. I had PIP's in 2008 and had them replaced last year, luckily they weren't ruptured. Good luck in your search for your new surgeon x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down