Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to book !!

5 posters

Go down

Ready to book !! Empty Ready to book !!

Post by Roses27 21st November 2014, 6:44 pm

hello ladies,
Well after my second consultation today with a different surgeon - Mr Oliver, I'm ready to book, I've tried on a couple of different sizes and have decided to go for 400cc+ depending on brand haven't fully made my mind up as I have a choice between allergan or nagor, (any help great fully appreciated on allergan or nagor ?) tried them on and was really happy with the look, will also wear some rice boobies too for a few days to be absolutely certain it's the size I want... They looked great on my frame ( 5'4, 9st 12lb, clothes size 10/12) looking to book in for January.... I think now that I've made my mind up to have it done I really don't see the point in dragging it out anymore, he said I can have either unders or overs as I have enough tissue to cover overs, any advice ? What do you all recommend ? 
Many thanks 
X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 565

Back to top Go down

Ready to book !! Empty Re: Ready to book !!

Post by Charlii 21st November 2014, 7:51 pm

Yey, glad to hear you're at that stage! I don't really like when the surgeon says 'your choice' with placement, because he should be advising you. It depends what you want out of them really, and what life style you have. If you do a lot of chest work, then probably steer clear of unders. But other than that I'd say push your surgeon for a recommendation.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 8:04 pm

I agree with Charlii about your surgeon taking responsibility for your placement. After all... Should something go wrong it was YOUR choice to have that placement, so who's to blame then???

Sounds harsh I know Roses, but this is a contract you're entering into between you and your surgeon. You're seeing the surgeon because of their 'expertise' so why are you paying the expert and then making the choices yourself?

If you have the choice of both then it's of course the best option to have overs due to the surgery being less invasive, but it really would be in your best interest to make an appointment with your surgeon for a second consultation. Don't worry, we mostly all have at least two consultations prior to surgery. Then you can discuss this in depth and have your surgeon decide 'with you' so is ultimately HIS decision - his responsibility. 

The implants: well, they're both very good implants. Allergan are an American brand and Nagor are British. 

The Allergan Responsive is a 95% fill implant. 
The Allergan Soft Touch is a 100% implant. 

The difference between the two is that the Responsive will be softer, but!..... The Soft Touch is the new generation with less risk of capsular contracture and rippling. 

The Nagor Impleo is a 100% fill implant. So again the new generation. A little firmer than the 95% filled implants but lower risk of CC and rippling. 

Which ever implant you choose you'll make a good choice Roses. So again... Maybe chat with your surgeon about this too and ask which he prefers working with maybe? 

Really excited for you now you're ready to book. I've just booked too so know just how you're feeling yahoo
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st November 2014, 8:17 pm

Hey girlies, thanks for replies, by the end of the consultation we had pretty much decided on overs as I have more than ample tissue to cover them, and he did say in my case his choice would be overs, taking into account recovery and volume of tissue, but he did say obviously there's the choice of unders... But he did also say having overs makes things easier if say cc happens as it means we've got somewhere to go eg under muscle and also cleaning up etc from cc is easier if there overs, just really wanted some feed back from u guys as to whether unders or overs, he said he had been using nagor more for anatomicals and hadn't used nagor for as long as allergan, again by end of consult I was swinging towards allrergan, thank you so much for feedback it's always greatly appreciated xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 8:20 pm

Hmmmm strange that your surgeon should smention a positive linking overs and CC. 

With both placements there are pros and cons. No placement is better than the other. But going partially 'under the muscle' rather than 'over' would actually reduce the risk of CC seeing stars
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st November 2014, 8:28 pm

Oh gawd, lol I feel so confused, I was really happy to go with overs, less invasive, but more natural actings boobies etc.. X
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 8:48 pm

You should still be happy with overs Roses, as I said no one placement is better than the other, for ever complication attached to overs, you will find another attached to partials. 

We ALL enter into this surgery knowing there are possible complications ahead 'whichever placement, whichever implant, whichever size' it's all part and parcel of having a BA. 

You just have to accept that there will always be a possibility of a complication but IF it did happen, you're fully informed about it, you know what it is and what happens and then Roses, you'll be confident in yourself that your want/need for your new gorgeous boobs will by far outweigh any risks there are and once you get your head around that - ENJOY 'EM! Stars
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st November 2014, 8:55 pm

Probably worth mentioning he's going to write to me stating all we discussed he took notes all throughout the consult, and also worth noting I was so excited/nervous about the consult I've probably not explained my self properly lol, I feel totally confident with him really put me at ease was completely honest with regards to risks and all that is part and parcel with implants, consultation ran way over time allotted and he didn't Rush me so feel more than 100% confident I want to go with him, will wait for my letter and then fill you in more on what was said, so difficult to remember it all xx
Thank you so much for replies :-)
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 9:12 pm

It is VERY difficult to remember it all on your first consultation yes all you really hear is "YES, YOU CAN HAVE THE BOOBS YOU WANT" then your brain just goes into boob mush - boobs, boobs, boobs, boobs, boobs! Hysterical

When you get your letter, which is very kind of your surgeon, it honestly would be best to book that second consultation if only to just dot the I's and cross the T's. 

Of course if you don't want to and are happy to proceed after getting the letter that's entirely up to you gorgeous. Give You Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 21st November 2014, 9:19 pm

Thank you cookie for fab advice :-) your right your brain does go boobs boobs boobs lol ! Xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hh2121 22nd November 2014, 1:04 am

Haha the last bit really made me laugh! Exactly what I was thinking the whole time throughout my consultation!! Xx
hh2121
hh2121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd November 2014, 7:05 am

Exciting times! My surgeon said if you have the option of having overs, have overs. I've also read other surgeons say the same online. I guess it kind of makes sense as overs put the implant in the same location as where you'd naturally have breast tissue (if we were luckier anyway!) so they move and feel a bit more natural. My surgeon also said for me that unders would gradually be pushed lower and outward by my chest muscle. No idea if that's true, but he was definite that overs would be a more natural long term result for me. I asked for a natural look x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 22nd November 2014, 7:27 am

i have woken up this morning feeling a bit eeeeeekkk !! I'm wondering if 400cc implants seems a bit big ! I Tried on 430's yesterday and felt they really complented me perfectly I got some pictures and they really did look good... BUT !!... I'm wearing 36b bra but "measuring" 34c (same really eh ?) so now I'm really stressing thinking holy S%*t what size is that guna make me :-/ seen so many people who are like 34a with 350cc implants and they end up like an E/F
And obviously I'm thinking will I end up with massive baps that I struggle to find pretty bras for because I'm too "big" hahaha mind you I supose that'd be quite a nice thing to happen for once Hysterical
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd November 2014, 7:42 am

It's normal to stress over size! I wouldn't worry about what size you are now and what you end up. If you tried on the implants and liked how they looked....bingo! Assuming a surgeon can fit them in! You won't struggle finding bras. Even m&s have a big dd+ range now and bravissimo will be your new best friend! If you are unsure though, have another sizing appt and focus on the look you want to achieve, not the bra sizes!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses27 22nd November 2014, 7:50 am

I've definitly focused on the look, not the size... originally tried 365cc and they just didn't give me the desired look, when I first started thinking seriously about this I was like yep DD, but since realizing it's all about the look I've become much more chilled shall we say and was quite shocked I ended up wanting the 400's but they honestly did balance me out and when I sent pictures to friends they were like wow that's def the size u need, hubby agrees too so I feel confident about size I think, need to learn my to compare myself to anyone else I supoose... Also we did all the measuring with breast width diameter and I'm 14cm so we've gone for like a 12.75 (I think) will be able to tell more once I get my confirmation letter of all we discussed xx
Roses27
Roses27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd November 2014, 8:16 am

Sounds like you've got it sorted! You're lucky you have a good breast width..... I have rough the same stats as you 5 foot 5 just under 10 stone size 10/12 and quite broad but my breast width was 11cm so I was really limited and max implant size was 330cc. I do love them but definitely could have carried more off as pear shaped still, but my anatomy just wouldn't allow if I wanted a natural look. A million times better than before though, I had 2 fried eggs!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down