Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reduction, correction, uplift, implant...

4 posters

Go down

reduction, correction, uplift, implant... Empty reduction, correction, uplift, implant...

Post by foxymoron1 23rd October 2014, 9:17 am

hello girls, im new and have some questions! really grateful for any opinion/experiences....

i have constricted tuberous breasts that are asymetrical, i have an A and a C - although its hard to measure due to them being so empty :(..... i lost 8 stone following a gastric bypass and the weight loss has quite significantly accentuated the issue. i won funding on the NHS due to the congenital deformity aspect rather than the wieght loss.

has anyone experienced a breast reconstruction with reduction and uplift and implant in 2 or 3 stages and can give me any advice?

The surgeon is proposing:

Surgery 1 - make the left breast as small as the right one.

Surgery 2 – 3 months later (3months of 2 tiny boobs fille me with dread), insert temporary implants in both sides, have regular fills to stretch the skin/enlarge the implants

Surgery 3 – when happy with size and symmetry, remove temporary implants and put proper ones in place.

After all that I’m still not guaranteed they will be very symmetrical or feel the same…im also worried about scarring, the stretching of any scarring from the reduction on the left larger breast, risk of infection, 3 periods off sickness from work…..im also worried that i will look very odd with big fake boobies and flabby bingo wings and other excess skin (although i have to say ive not done too badly in that area im still worried that new boobs will just look odd on me???).... all I can find are reasons not to go ahead!

Im finding it hard to get support from friends as they don’t seem to understand that this is a reconstructive surgery rather than a cosmetic one. not that a cosmentic procedure doesnt have its own difficulties of course - but it might be a quicker/smoother process.

my boyfriend is very happy with what i have so hes only bothered that i make the right decisison for myself (which is nice)

im happy naked around my boyfriend and i wear non padded bikinis on holiday. i wear m&s 2 sizes bigger bras in a 36D and that size looks good under my clothes.

i just dont know if i can or should put myself through what seems to me like a complicated procedure??

Does anyone have any positive experience of any part of this process?
foxymoron1
foxymoron1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

reduction, correction, uplift, implant... Empty Re: reduction, correction, uplift, implant...

Post by mirren001 23rd October 2014, 1:15 pm

Hiya,
It can sound a bit daunting when you think of the op as a whole but broken down into the different stages the later two especially should be pretty straight forward,  the majority of the work being done in 1st op.
The surgeon will wait until fully healed before fitting the expanders & the fill being gradual shouldn't effect the scars. When it comes to having the implants I would imagine recovery would be relatively easy as your breasts will have been stretched to accommodate the implants.
Only you will know if this I something you really want & are prepared to undertake .
You won't  end up with  big fake looking boobs , the beauty of the expanders once you get to the size you are happy with you can stop there.
Hopefully someone who has had a reduction/ uplift can advise you more as to that part of the op, healing/recovery etc.
If you type in tuberous into the search bar top right on here it should bring up some previous posts that you may find helpful to read through in the meantime. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

reduction, correction, uplift, implant... Empty Re: reduction, correction, uplift, implant...

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd October 2014, 3:47 pm

I think that what the surgeon is suggesting is the best way for you as you are getting the 2 breasts, ok small, but made the same size then waiting for healing then he will fit expanders in to stretch you gently

When I got it I had nothing and my skin was just stretched to fit the implants however ive had complications and my muscles never expanded enough then my implants needed lowered and I had CC too

think that you need to ask yourself can you live happily with what you have xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd October 2014, 4:38 pm

There was definitely a girl on here who had expanders in the past year, so do have a good search around the stories. Theres also lots of threads in the uplift section and the NHS section that can help you out. It sounds like your surgeon has a good plan in place to even out and enlarge. No two boobs are ever going to be identical, but if you can get close enough, all the better.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by foxymoron1 24th October 2014, 11:24 am

thanks for the responses... i'll do a few more searches.

i think as tinkerbell says, i really need to consider how much i want it..how much will having this surgery improve my life or self esteem etc?

i was very worried about the procedures but the more research i do i can see im probably worrying too much.

im compiling a list of questions for the surgeon so i can make a serious decision...its blowing my mind at the moment.

thanks again guys xx
foxymoron1
foxymoron1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down