Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Bra Advice

3 posters

Go down

Sports Bra Advice Empty Sports Bra Advice

Post by SammiH 2nd July 2014, 5:07 pm

Hi Ladies, I am due to have my wound check tomorrow and hopefully my first shower... bliss. 
I was advised to wear this post surgery bra until my wound check, then I could change into a sports bra if I liked.
I have an M&S on my doorstep and several sports shops. Do you have any recommendations on which ones would be good? My surgeon hasn't been specific on types on support, high, medium low etc but said he didn't think i needed to buy a macom.

How do i know which size i'll be? i know i could ask to be fitted at M&S but they are notoriously bad at sizing aren't they so i don't want to be guided by them really.

TIA x
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Sports Bra Advice Empty Re: Sports Bra Advice

Post by Charlii 2nd July 2014, 5:40 pm

Firstly you need to find out what sort of impact you are required to wear, as this will massively affect what you go for. Then you need to think about swelling, and front/back fastening.

Your swelling can take up to 3wks to go down completely. It may look like its gone already, but there will still be some fluids there. Did you measure your band pre-op? You're true band, not your +4/5 band?! If so, that's a good place to start. Lets assume you're a 34 as per your signature.

So, back fastening are the best if you're still swollen, as you can buy some cheap extenders online (amazon, ebay, mine were from anne summers) that will allow for it. Then your surgeon should have advised an approximate size you'd be. Start there and try them if you can bear it. If you specifically need high impact, the best back fastening are M&S 2pk high impact (about £25), Triumph Triaction (~£35) and Shock Absorber Run (~£35). If low impact, anything will be ok really, so long as its not wired.

Front fastening are best for when your swelling has gone down, as you cant extend them. M&S have a high impack zip front, or theres the Macom. A lot of girls like the Macom because it just removes the faff of what size, you pick your band and boom, done.

My advices is to chat with your surgeon and pester him for more answers as to what you should be wearing, and his guesstimate size.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by SammiH 2nd July 2014, 5:55 pm

Thanks Charlii, I'll drop him an email now and see what he says. 
I measured 31" pre op. Wore a 34 band but now i realise i was fitted incorrectly. 
Just measured again now and I'm just under 32" so still a little swelling there.
Will wait to see what surgeon says... x
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd July 2014, 6:51 pm

I measured my band post op and it was 31. Pre op I wore a 34 band so bought an m&s 34c and d for post op with m&s bra extenders. Glad I didn't go for the 32 band as I definitely needed the bra extenders on the loosest setting for the first 10 days! Otherwise it felt really uncomfortable on my scars and over my drain holes! I would wait until after your appt as I was told to get high impact, and then at my 1 week appt he said I didn't necessarily need a bra, just my chest strap, so I've switched to lower impact cheapo ones which I'm finding a lot more comfortable! He's encouraged me to wear the band a little loose so they are encouraged to drop. But don't forget this is specific advise to me and my bangers!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down