Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complications for me

+4
MissCET
tinkerbell24
Charlii
Mrs_B_24
8 posters

Go down

Complications for me  Empty Complications for me

Post by Mrs_B_24 5th March 2014, 8:45 am

Hi all, 
I haven't been on here for ages because to be honest I don't want to talk about the fact that I've spent £4500 on my boobs and I'm still as uncomfortable taking my bra off as I was before I had it done but for different reasons. 
Don't get me wrong I love them when I have my push up bra on, they have the fullness that I wanted but I have a ridge under my left boob which the surgeon says it the natural crease and should go over time. I'm starting to think he's saying that so he doesn't have to perform revision surgery because I am 3 months post op now and if anything it's more obvious than disappearing!
I have had 3 follow up appointments and I have the fourth today so I an hoping he won't make me feel like I'm being paranoid and nit picking (which I'm not) which is the way he's made me feel in the past appointments. I don't have anyone who can come with me so I just need to stand my ground and be firm. The only problem I see is that the last time we spoke I asked how it could be rectified if it doesn't heal itself and he said he would have to lift it slightly and pack it out so the crease is less obvious but if he does in fact have to "pack it out" it will be even bigger than it already is to my other one. I'm so confused I don't know what to do for the best and I know that of he does Agee to do revision I'm then guna have a fight on my hands with Mybreast to agree to pay! 

Sorry to rant I've just had all this on my head for ages and couldn't hold it in anymore!

Hope your all ok and loving your new boobs or excited fort new boobies :)

Xxx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 531

Back to top Go down

Complications for me  Empty Re: Complications for me

Post by Charlii 5th March 2014, 10:38 am

Hey. Most surgeons wont agree to a revision until the 6m mark, so you've still got 3m of healing. It sounds like you had your crease moved, so its likely just the old one. It will iron out in time, it just needs time to adjust.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but you really do have to be patient with these things. I would say give it until 6m, then go back if you're still not happy.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th March 2014, 10:49 am

Got to be honest here, I waited a long time with my complications before reop we tried everything but surgery at the end if the day all surgery is risky

It really.does take patience I'm a year and 2 month from first ba and 3 month.from reop and still have complications xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 5th March 2014, 11:48 am

Hey hun,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy. I think you need to speak to MyBreast if you don't get a good response from your Surgeon. At the end of the day your contract and aftercare is through them. I believe the MyBreast panel review all the cases and then make a decision on next steps. If it is indeed a case of patience then at least you will have had this confirmed and included in your notes. I know the PCC's aren't the best, but you are well within your aftercare period - MyBreast have a responsibility to help you with this.

Big hugs xxx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 5th March 2014, 4:38 pm

Thanks for all your comments. I'll keep this updated with what's said tonight.  Maybe I am just overreacting at this point and need to be more patient but it's just so hard when you hope everything will be perfect after the op and you end up feeling just as paranoid about your boobs than you did before! Xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th March 2014, 5:05 pm

please do keep us updated and i have to say at 3 month I knw that you will be asked to wait it out

I know how hard it is trust me, having had the first BA so long ago and a reop and still not happy or the fact that there are still problems gets you down it really really does

good luck for tonight xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 5th March 2014, 7:14 pm

Hi, babe, first of all I just want to give you a big virtual hug!! <3

It sounds like you've not had a very good experience with your boobs since your op. I'm really sorry to hear that..
As the other girls have said, you're still only 3 months post-op so there is quite a considerable amount of time for your boobs to change and adjust to your implants! You have to remember that even though you can't see it, or feel it sometimes, you're still healing all the time internally.. Therefore, your boobs will still continue to change over the next few months and take different shapes.
My advice is to completely trust your surgeon and wait until you hit the 6-month mark. After all, you are one of his patients and he will want to ensure that you're happy with your boobs and he maintains his high reputation.
I don't really know what to suggest other than that you keep in regular contact with your surgeon and update him on your changes (or lack of changes) over the next few weeks and months.. If after 6 months you're still very unhappy then I think you should stand your ground and tell your surgeon your huge concerns about your breasts. At the end of the day, you paid £4500 and you deserve to have the breasts that you've always dreamed of.

I really hope you get this sorted, honey! I'm so sorry to hear you're down in the dumps about your boobs right now :(

Big hugs and take care! Good luck, too!! :)
xxxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 6th March 2014, 7:57 am

Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments it does give me a boost of confidence :) 
So I went to see him last night and straight away he recognised all the flaws I have been worrying myself about, the nipples sitting in slightly different positions, my left breast sitting slightly lower and the obvious crease line across the underneath of my left breast. It was a relief that he acknowledged this and discussed what he would have to do to rectify this. As you ladies have said and what I knew in the back of mind, he has said he would like to wait another 3 months to see how they change because they could even out themselves so it's a waiting game now.  I'll keep this post updated with any developments and might put so photo's on pictrail at some point to monitor any changes. Just glad he's acknowledged that there is a problem, I was starting to think he was belittling everything I was pointing out.

Xxx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 6th March 2014, 12:17 pm

Hiya,
That's good news! Hopefully when you see him next everything will have settled but if it doesn't you have the reassurance that he will rectify it for you. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 9th March 2014, 10:46 pm

yes like mirren said all might be well when you go and see the surgeon again, however if not then atleast he seems to be in favour for you and sees the flaws that you are concerned about

If I can give any advice is to just get on with day to day life and dont concentrate on the boobs too much, easier said than done lol but it helps xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 24th June 2014, 10:42 pm

Hi all, just a quick update, I had my 3rd check up with my surgeon the other week and having nothing changed with my odd boobs I thought I may actually get somewhere as the last appointment was quite positive. Well I was wrong, my surgeon had a completely different attitude, he said he thought they'd improved (they haven't) and that I was seeing things, he made me feel stupid and as if I was complaining about nothing. Well when I've paid 4 and a half grand to do a good job I'd hope I'd come away satisfied, well I've not I'm worse of and also being made to feel like I don't have the right to complain, that amount of money to me is a lot, he seems to think he's done me a favour and I should put up and shut up! Sorry ladies, I'm really mad now I just don't know what to do. He's told me to go back again in 3 months and I just feel like he's fobbing me off. 
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th June 2014, 7:32 am

Have you taken pictures each month Mrs B?

If you haven't - start now! Date stamp them too if you can.

MissCET is right about MyBreast. This is one of the great things about them. If you're unhappy with your surgeons decision then your case goes forward to a panel of very experienced surgeons. They will ALL take your case into consideration and based on 'their' experience and not your surgeons it will be 'they' who will decide on whether or not revision is required.

When you go back to see your surgeon, request 'your' concerns be noted and your upset. This is so, so important. Its what the surgeons will be reading.

Starting drafting your own letter of complaint also. Writing down all the concerns you have in detail, include pictures also and how this is affecting you.

Write how your surgeon has dealt with you at each consultation also and how this too has made you feel. You can then send this letter on to the panel also.

I know how hard it is coming on here having had a complications Mrs B. I'm an old hand at it...infact I'm now on my 5th one! And I hope if I can help anyone from my experience I can help you to know that however bad you might feel now...it does feel worse when you're alone doesn't it  Hug 

I personally found my diary here very therapeutic Mrs B. I could write down all of my feelings and it felt so good just to be able to do that. You don't have to come here to 'read' but if you think a diary might be if any help to you at all, then please use us sweetheart. The support network we have here isn't only for women seeking to have or just having had surgery...its also for women just like you.  Hug 

If you'd rather be alone though, that's totally understandable. I just thought I'd share what helped for me. Xxx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 27th June 2014, 3:48 pm

Hi Cookie, that's really useful I know what you mean about the diary, I might just do that as it does help you get your head clear. I have taken regular photo's so if you fancy having a look (I think you have seen some before but not the most recent) then please let me know and I'll send you my log on details. I think I may ask for a second opinion. Would I just contact Mybreast to do that or would I need to put this request through my surgeon? Xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 1st August 2014, 8:15 pm

Hi mrsB24
I just wondered how you're doing hun? Have you managed to get another opinion or get a letter drawn up? Hope you're ok..... xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down