Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help

+8
mirren001
Soosie73
COOKIE
tinkerbell24
Boney1992
kdeee
krizzooo1
Princessgem
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help Empty Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 1:01 pm

Hi ladies, I have had 2 consultations I am really happy with, Marcos Sforza at THG and Paul Clarke at Transform. Both have suggested 380 ish implants over the muscle. THG is 4595 at Birmingham with Motiva implants , Transform is 4150 at Manchester with CUI implants or 4595 Naturelle. 

Both surgeons have excellent reviews, really like both they are both so approachable and down to earth! How do I choose!! X
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help Empty Re: Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help

Post by krizzooo1 13th January 2014, 1:10 pm

That is tricky, if you really do have no inkling towards one or the other, research further....?
If you have already exhausted researching them both....  which hospital is more convenient for you? which hospital is your prefernce??
Or is it really just a flip of the coin style decision?

x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help Empty Re: Really can't decide between 2 surgeons please help

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 1:14 pm

Manchester with transform is closer to me as I am in Leeds but for aftercare THGs office is much more convenient. They both seem to have really good reviews can't find a bad comment about either one. This is going to be tough! X
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 13th January 2014, 1:15 pm

Go with who offers the best aftercare program in case things go wrong because it's important xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 13th January 2014, 1:35 pm

Perhaps go over all that you can again.... Don't feel rushed to decide ..good luck xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 13th January 2014, 1:42 pm

I agree with Krizz - Don't feel rushed to decide babe, whoever you with, good luck!! Xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2014, 1:50 pm

yeah def dont rush in and go back and see them both again and discuss the aftercare in fine detail as the aftercare, as ive learned is very important xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 2:04 pm

Thanks ladies I don't have a copy of eithers aftercare policy so I think il ask for that and go through it with a fine tooth comb!  At first glance they seem very similar too xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 2:07 pm

Actually THG look better ! Unlimited free aftercare where as Transform say they will pay 700 towards ... I need to go through this thoroughly! X
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2014, 2:08 pm

Take your time Gem. If you're undecided then you haven't yet met 'the one' so I'd personally continue with having more consultations until you find that surgeon who has you coming away full of confidence, comfort and assurance and most of all certainty that this is 'the one'

You've still yet to have a consultation with a BAAPS surgeon also babe, which is always advised here. If money is a problem then you can see a BAAPS surgeon through MyBreast for as little as £25 which is nothing is it babe. Also call clinics such as spire who are have exceptional surgeons and often often do open evenings when you can have a free mini consultation with a surgeon through them. 

Just make sure you're sure about the surgeon before making your decisions Gem. I know you're saying these surgeons you've seen both have good reviews but that's because those surgeons were right for those women. No one surgeon is right for all and if you've come away undecided like this.... Then as great as these reviews are - they're not for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2014, 2:10 pm

yeah alot seem similar then when you read into them they actually arent

like for instance if you have a rupture is it just the rupture thats sorted or if there are other complications then are they sorted too

If you have CC what grade does it have to be before its sorted, alot of surgeons wont operate unless its grade 4 I had grade 3 and it was on the verge of 4 but it was at the point it was getting painful so im so glad that my surgeon said he would sort xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2014, 2:11 pm

the unlimited free aftercare is normally just seeing the srugeon for free whever and the £700 comes from Allergan not the company so please be careful when it comes to unlimited, or lifetime free aftercare xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 2:30 pm

Thanks Tinkerbell and cookie. 

Cookie I did see a BAAPS surgeon Mr Spyrou and he refused to operate on me. When I spoke to my breast they said they had no other surgeons in my area, closest was St Helens which is a good 90 minute drive. I could see other BAAPS surgeons direct and pay but I would honestly be happy to put my trust in either of these two surgeons. If I'm honest Marcos did seem a smidgen more caring and considerate and he didn't even need to measure me, plus he uses the Motiva implant which is 100% fill x
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 13th January 2014, 2:34 pm

You need to be measured! Surely ...erm cookie ...tink...can you help here? I thought a good PS would always measure and be very thorough, even at initial stages?

hmmmm. I may be wrong but a little alarm bell went off then
xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2014, 2:40 pm

A surgeon should definitely take in your measurements. These are so important because your BWD, your rib shape as well as other factors very much need to be taken into consideration.  yes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 13th January 2014, 2:45 pm

I got measured in great detail at my first consultation . I'd have been uneasy if I hadn't xx
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 13th January 2014, 2:48 pm

You need to be measured! How else can they say what size make model implant is suitable to you and which placement will give you the results.

Why did the BAAPS refuse to operate on you?
xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 3:19 pm

Hmm didn't look at it that way, he seems to really know his stuff! And he came up with the same answer as Mr Clarke. 

Kdeee I saw Mr Spyrou and he wanted to do a fat transfer on me instead as he said I would need a lift and he wasn't prepared to do that due to the scarring and with me being a c cup already and only 29 he thought that wasn't a route I should go down so he more or less said he would only do fat transfer and refused to discuss BA with me , I left his office e in tears xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 13th January 2014, 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience with the BAAPS surgeon. 
At Transform you can see as many surgeons as you like- please see another one or two surgeons out there at least. Not sure if Linda Fiumara works your way but she is a good plastic and reconstructive surgeon (not BAAPS though).
Definitely go for few more consultations xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2014, 3:24 pm

How strange. That wasn't his decision to make really. Its YOUR decision to decide on further scarring IF a lift is the best option 'for you'. We've many young ladies here who have had lifts and are very happy.

We've also some ladies here who's surgeons didn't even discuss a lift as they probably felt the same way as that surgeon and never gave the option. This hapoened to me resulting in implants that were far too large for my frame (they simply just filled the excess skin) and 4 ops if revision over four years!

Take your time hun. Don't let that BAAPS surgeon surgein out your off either. Maybe see one other just to see how it goes sweetie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 13th January 2014, 3:25 pm

Princessgem wrote:

Kdeee I saw Mr Spyrou and he wanted to do a fat transfer on me instead as he said I would need a lift and he wasn't prepared to do that due to the scarring and with me being a c cup already and only 29 he thought that wasn't a route I should go down so he more or less said he would only do fat transfer and refused to discuss BA with me , I left his office e in tears xx

Did you go and see any other BAAPS surgeons? I'm 21, will be 22 when I have my BA and I've also got to have an uplift at the same time. Scarring was also talked about, and because I'm mixed race he said scarring will be more visible - but my surgeon is 100% ok to go a head with it! He's a BAAPS surgeon. Xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 3:40 pm

Thanks cookie . It's really hard to decide ! If only we gas a crystal ball hey! 

I am thinking I will contact both PCC and ask for a copy of the aftercare policy , number of BA carried out per year and redo rates for both surgeons, surely they will be happy to give me both? Will then go from there....
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2014, 3:47 pm

With Transform.... Ummmm, don't take ANYTHING they say as gospel hun. If you want anything get it in writing babe.

Good luck with that though....
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 13th January 2014, 3:58 pm

Thanks cookie, well I will ask and see what they say, if they refuse to put in writing well the. I guess that's my decision made ! Apologies got my typos in all my posts my phone keeps guessing what I want to write !!  huh smiley
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 13th January 2014, 4:05 pm

Good luck. I didn't have any problems getting this in writing from Transform. Also my PS I have booked with- gave me a written copy of things that were discussed at consultation too xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next