Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling people?

+6
Jenpops
MissCET
Charlii
tinkerbell24
Princess_x
kathryn76
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telling people?  Empty Telling people?

Post by kathryn76 8th January 2014, 10:21 am

I'm hoping to have a revision done in February and wondering what to tell people. I feel abit embarrassed to admit to new friends I've made since my last op that I've got implants. There's still so much stereo typing about people having boob jobs and I don't know anyone else who has had one. I'm worried people will think I'm a bimbo and incredibly vain!
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Telling people?  Empty Re: Telling people?

Post by Princess_x 8th January 2014, 10:23 am

If you're not going bigger or hugely bigger then chances are they probably won't even notice x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th January 2014, 10:28 am

yeah you can easily tell them that its for something else

I was very sure that I was only telling Peter, my mum and his mum ,it soon went to me telling 2 friends, my aunt my sister and my sister in law then it went to telling people at my work which im glad that I did cause ive needed the reop and then I needed another week and a bit off work and I had no holidays left and to ask for the weekk off and make up my hours

but yeah you could say that its general surgery you are having xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 8th January 2014, 10:35 am

I've already told my family as I was worried about my hard boob! I think I might resort to a few white lies with newer friends I've made. I'm thinking if reop goes ahead sooner rather than later then at least any unsightly bandages and big sports bras will be hidden away under layers of clothes! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th January 2014, 10:39 am

def get it before the summer if you can, Ive had the compression band on now since the 25th Nov 24/7 and it is hard to blooming hide xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th January 2014, 11:00 am

Do they need to know? Is the revision for an issue, or are you going bigger? Like Princess says, chances are they likely wont notice. No one at work has noticed mine, and I went up 6cups! Or if they have they havent said anything. If its just because of the recovery time, general surgery or back problems is good. Or just tell them its personal and youd rather not discuss it!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 8th January 2014, 11:08 am

That's what I'm thinking Tinkerbell! Im actually pencilled in for enf of April but I want it done sooner (just waiting for feb dates) as the weathers bound to get nicer in May and I'll be wanting to wear skimpier clothing. What's this compression band you have to wear? Is this in addition to a sports bra?

No Charlii you're right I don't need to tell people anything do I! I'm just wondering how to explain away absences from toddler groups etc. I'm just such a worrier, I think im over thinking things! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 8th January 2014, 11:12 am

I agree, just don't mention it. If you feel uncomfortable fibbing to your friends, then only broach the conversation if asked directly. Could someone else take the kids to toddler groups etc? You could tell people you're feeling unwell and need to rest? 

This is the approach i took with my BA. I didn't want to lie to family/friends, but also felt it was personal so no ones business.  I stayed low key for a few weeks and then told people i had a sore back so couldn't lift the children (which was true!). My sister in law is the only one who asked me directly "what exactly have you done to hurt your back" and i responded "i've had my boobs done"...LOL the look on her face  Hysterical xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th January 2014, 11:12 am

The compression band is like an elastic band that goes around the top of the breasts under your arms. Its used to help encourage the impants to drop. I had one because I had unders and my muscles were very tight, but its entirely surgeons choice.

It is easy to worry about such things, and you always create these scenarios in your head! But in all honestly, Ive found that people are so wrapped up in themselves and their own problems, theyre not likely to notice! I know a lot of the girls do use back problems as an excuse, as it also explains why you're avoiding lifting and such. Im sure it'll all be fine though. Good luck getting an earlier date!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 8th January 2014, 11:19 am

Are you going bigger or having an issue fixed? x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 8th January 2014, 11:25 am

I'm having my old implants removed due to cc and rotation so a lift and a capsulectomy with smaller implants put in. So no one will be thinking where have those big knockers come from! I'm just panicking over nothing I think having read all your replies! I think ill just keep a low profile and say I've hurt my back or something! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th January 2014, 11:48 am

I wasnt to weare a bra at all this time, m surgeon wanted no supprt and extra encouragement for the implants to drop, which tbh I still think have a long way to go before dropping boo

It is really starting to get very uncomfortable now but I see my surgeon on Sat so hopeing he says I can have a wee break from it, but I know i iwll need it on a wee bit longer yet

If you can just take a 2 week holiday from work letting your manager know you need it for surgery they dont need to know what surgery then on your return have a letter from the surgeon saying its dek duties only for 6 weeks, what is your job xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 8th January 2014, 12:23 pm

Yes I can imagine it is uncomfortable tinker bell. Fingers crossed for Saturday for you!

I'm a stay at home mum anyway so works not a problem. I was thinking more about the ladies at toddler group and the gossipy mums at school! Think ill just have to give everyone a wide berth for a few weeks. I've just spoken to surgeons secretary and no availability for February so I'm on the cancellations list. Booked in for 16 April at present seems like ages away! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 8th January 2014, 12:42 pm

Don't tell them. Non of their business! 

I've only told v close family. 4 of my best friends and my boss. There are others who I wouldn't mind telling, but I think they may blab to ppl in our circle who I don't really want to know xx
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 8th January 2014, 5:15 pm

Babe, i personally feel that there is no shame in having a boob job. It's something you want to do to your body..
We straighten our hair, curl our hair, apply makeup to our faces, tattoo our bodies, go to the gym, go on diets, have our nails done, shave our legs... The list goes on!! All of those things can be considered vain and very unnecessary. However, it depends how you look at it. Some people get boobs purely for cosmetic purposes i.e Jordan got hers to promote her career and to make a statement and create an image. I got mine for emotional and psychological issues i had with myself..
For that reason, i told anyone and everyone who asked or enquired what i was having done. I'm extremely proud that i saved up enough money (on my minimum wage working as a waitress at nando's) and i managed to make the decision all by myself and go through it myself. I'm not embarrassed or consider myself vein. This is something i had to do for myself and for that reason i am proud!!

Don't be paranoid about what people think.. The chances are they're wishing they could do it themselves or they're thinking how beautiful they look!

Good luck. Be proud! Xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th January 2014, 5:18 pm

I just want a 'hear hear' for Tigertonix there! Completely agree with you! I did the absolute same (well, waited til I could earn enough to pay the credit off!) and it had to be done for me, by me, so Im proud of my noobies!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 8th January 2014, 5:20 pm

Thank you so much, Charlii!!
That's made my day! How lovely of you xxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 8th January 2014, 5:51 pm

Tigertoni is so right! x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th January 2014, 5:54 pm

Spot on tiger!!

Anyone ive told to be fair are like goos for u 

Even.better u.dont have work.to tell xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 8th January 2014, 6:09 pm

Aw, you girls are too kind! Thank you.. That means a lot!xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 9th January 2014, 6:56 am

Woo hoo tigertonix! I need some of your self confidence and positive mental attitude I think! Just so you know I'm not ashamed of having implants either, I hated my empty shrivelled boobs and couldn't bear to look at them it would make me cry! I did it for myself and no one else and had no problem telling people. Just not feeling quite so confident this time and also slightly terrified :-)
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 9th January 2014, 6:44 pm

Aw, babe, don't be worried. I know what you mean about lacking in self-confidence and possibly feeling embarrassed. Just remember that this is something you definitely need to do for yourself so there should be no shame in doing it. Good luck, honey, you'll be fine!xxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrilled Ann 9th January 2014, 7:04 pm

Same here! I've had issues with my body image since I was 14...every girl was blooming, and I didn't had even a bra. I got my first bra when I was 16! And it was very bad fitting one as well. Even though I'm still recovering I already feel now much better and more confident, and happier! 
I've told my family, close friends, and couple colleagues. It's nobody's business. If they ask I won't deny it, but to be fair I was quite active to hide my small boobies by stuffing my bras :) so they probably won't see the difference, at least until summer! 
So don't stress about it honey! Just concentrate on yourself. And everybody else can go and f*** themselves ;) 

xxxxx
Thrilled Ann
Thrilled Ann
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 9th January 2014, 7:26 pm

I was exactly the same! I stuffed my bras with gel and padding so now they look exactly the same in just a support bra haha xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 9th January 2014, 7:52 pm

I only look slightly bigger than before when dressed as my old bras were soooo padded! Lol x
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next