Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs or Unders

+8
ravenxwaves
COOKIE
amyblue500
Seashell72
Charlii
tashab1
rachij
fcorr
12 posters

Go down

Overs or Unders Empty Overs or Unders

Post by fcorr 23rd October 2013, 7:46 am

Hiya,

OK recently I had a consult with a surgeon and because I'm small, he suggested that I get sub muscular implants, and I trust him because he knows what he's talking about but having read up some more, it seems that often unders can be a bit more stiff and not have the same range of movement.. Is this true? Has anyone else had them? And if yes, how natural do they look? Because I read that they aren't always as soft as natural breasts would be...
I am torn because I want to look as natural as possible, but I want them to move and feel like real boobs rather than stiff lumps..
Please help x
fcorr
fcorr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Overs or Unders Empty Re: Overs or Unders

Post by rachij 23rd October 2013, 8:23 am

Hey, I've had overs as I go the gym a lot, if I hadn't been such a gym bunny I think my surgeon would've suggested unders - some of my gym friends have had unders and one was in quite a bit of pain for three weeks!!!!!

I think I have been lucky as I've had no pain just aching ( like I've overdone it at the gym).  At the moment mine are still firm but they will drop and get softer over time. ( only 8 days post op).

Hope this helps xx
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 23rd October 2013, 8:32 am

I have overs but that's because I have no muscle on my right side, I have tear drops too and must say they do look fab!
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd October 2013, 8:47 am

Hi. Ive had unders and they look and feel fine. Theyre still softening up, but this can take up to a year. Its said they take a little longer to drop, but thats because the muscle has to release, but it does eventually. Often unders are reccommended because there is very little breast tissue, so 'hiding' the implant is a bit more difficult. But you still get a very natural look and feel to them in the end.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 23rd October 2013, 9:33 am

I had unders as I a quite slim and my ps said overs may have been visible. 

I am 10 1/2 weeks PO and they are already quite soft and I think look pretty natural - which was my plan. 

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 23rd October 2013, 9:47 am

I have slightly "different" overs in that they are subfacial so the very top of the muscle is taken off and they are shoved under that basically. The jury is out on whether this is any different to normal overs though. I got this placement as i had the conical implants which don't suffer from the rippling problem that round ones do. If i had gone with the rounds i would have had to have unders.
I am really pleased with my placement and implants and they are looking fab and getting softer now almost 3 weeks post op. The recovery has been a bit horrid though i think i thought oh overs mehhh i will be fine and i wasn't !
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2013, 10:07 am

Sweetheart, take a look at all the avatars we have here.... Can you tell by 'looking' who has which placement? I know I certainly can't!

If you have to have partials then this is what is going to give 'you' the best look from your surgery and they WILL soften up and be nice and squidgey and jiggly after healing.

Yes, theory says that partials don't quite have the natural movement that over do and can when laying on your back remain static instead of falling as a natural breast would to the side...

MANY women want that static look when they're on they're back babe because they don't like the natural movement of a breast falling to the side...but whilst I say breast can remain static when laying on your back due to the implant being held stable by the muscle... Your boobs will most definitely NOT have no moment hun. They'll jiggle and move just fine, so please lovely... Don't worry about have two rocks stuck to your chest. This is not at all what partials are about.

As I said early... Boobs remaining static when laying on your back when you have partials does happen 'in theory' but really... Your boobs will do what they want to do and there really is no exact science with this surgery.

There are many women with Partials that have natural movement with boobs falling to sides as a natural breast would and in turn... There are many with overs who's boobs remain static when laying on their back.

I have overs lovely, my skin is quite tight and they go nowhere but look to the stars! Lol... Does that bother me?... Not one jot babe. I have one fine rack on me, just as you will and my love for my boobs, loves EVERYTHING about them..

You'll love yours too fcorr yes  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 23rd October 2013, 12:56 pm

fcorr wrote:Hiya,

OK recently I had a consult with a surgeon and because I'm small, he suggested that I get sub muscular implants, and I trust him because he knows what he's talking about but having read up some more, it seems that often unders can be a bit more stiff and not have the same range of movement.. Is this true? Has anyone else had them? And if yes, how natural do they look? Because I read that they aren't always as soft as natural breasts would be...
I am torn because I want to look as natural as possible, but I want them to move and feel like real boobs rather than stiff lumps..
Please help x
hiya honey, i had all the exact same reservations as you ! i did as much research as a could but at the end of the day I just went with my gut feeling and trusted my surgeon!

i read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread by Cookie a few days ago before I had my BA, it helped put my mind at rest so hopefully you will benefit from it too :)
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 23rd October 2013, 1:21 pm

I had overs! Normally unders are recommended if you have very little breast tissue but its important to say if you have a very active lifestyle :) Hope your feeling happier about your decision xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 23rd October 2013, 4:21 pm

Hey I had unders and I haven't found it too bad, limited movement for a week but that's normal for everyone. I do a lot of weight training and running but this hasn't stopped me so far, been back at the gym for two weeks now and getting back to my weight training which I love. I wanted the natural look and if you haven't got a lot of breast tissue I think this is best!! X
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by fcorr 23rd October 2013, 8:17 pm

thanks so much ladies, it means a lot to hear what u experienced! makes such a difference... If I get the chance I'm defo guna go for unders:dance:   can't wait now!!!
fcorr
fcorr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2013, 8:40 pm

So good to read how happy you are now sweetie. dance  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 23rd October 2013, 8:45 pm

Hey hun, my surgeon gave me the choice but said he'd prefer to do unders as he thought they would look better for me, so I went with that ! 4 hours post op and so far so good... Haha xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 2nd November 2013, 8:23 pm

My Best friend had unders a week ago, shes sz 6-8 VERY slim, she was told unders are really the only option if she wants them to look natural on HER.

Other wise overs could ripple very soon on her taught skin that would be pulled very tight over them. An dthe edge could be very visiable, she really is skinny!

Having said that, a PS has a post on here saying in a nutshell overs can look more natural...on the right person"! That being with a little breast tissue for a start and NOT a slim gym bunny.

Sounds like your PS has advised you well after all my research anyway, that would be my opinion.

Happy times ahead, best wishes xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd November 2013, 8:31 pm

Yes, overs are always the first choice of placement unless there is less than 2cm of Brest tissue... However if the person is very active, a compilation can be muscle distortion so sometimes overs will be used instead but a smaller implant or a teardrop shape... The surgeon will be able to advise you further :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down