Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CUI or natrelle ?

+5
LJR
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
mirren001
ravenxwaves
9 posters

Go down

CUI or natrelle ? Empty CUI or natrelle ?

Post by ravenxwaves 9th October 2013, 10:28 am

i'm having a last minute dither over which sort of implant to have, there's £500 between them at the hospital group and i'm booked for 22nd dance so should really make my mind up soon lol. my surgeon only does either CUI cohesive gel or natrelle biocell (textured) - the money aspect doesn't bother me too much, it's more the fact that the natrelle's are textured not soft, i hear those are firmer and more static than CUIs, but people argue there's a lifetime warranty vs. only 10 years for CUI. but we're going to have to replace them anyway right ? 

i haven't discussed this with my surgeon, they basically just recommended the natrelles without even offering the other implant option, so basically im confuuuuused whats your opinion on the matter ? xxx
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

CUI or natrelle ? Empty Re: CUI or natrelle ?

Post by mirren001 9th October 2013, 10:48 am

Hi, can't coment on the CUI as don't have them.My surgeon uses natrelle inspira rage implants , they are textured and feel soft to touch once inside, think the textured implant are designed to help against cc in some way, I'm sure Cookie or someone else with more knowledge will be along soon to offer more advice on the matter. Good luck with your boobie journey and what ever you decide. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th October 2013, 10:48 am

The naturelles are a little better than the CUI due to an extra shell and yes you get them replaced for life if you choose them over the CUI

However, exactly like you said they will need to be replaced around the ten year mark anyway unless something goes wrong before that mark so it depends if it's worth it to you... I was going to have the more expensive but changed my mind due to the exact reason you stated

The naturelles are slightly better however thousands of women have the CUI's and are more than happy so unless you want the naturelles, the CUI are just fine and are tested just as much so are still very safe and good quality xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th October 2013, 11:19 am

The Natrelle range will offer two implants, one is high cohesive (Soft Touch) and one is cohesive (Responsives)

The CUI is a cohesive implant, so has the same filling as the Natrelle responsive with them both having a 95% fill, so they're both quite soft. The difference between the two is the shell the CUI has a Microcell and the Natrelles have a Biocell... The Biocell has an additional layer of protection that surrounds the silicone and the texured of them surface has larger and deeper pores that make these implants easier to adhere to the breast tissue so unlike the CUI which is Allergans budget implant, the Natrelle range have a lower rupture rate and therefore are Allergans Premium implant.

Just add incase you're interested in the Soft Touch, again this has the Biocell shell so has two layers surrounding the implant. The Natrelle Soft Touch is Allergans latest implant being the 5th generation high cohesive commonly known as 'the gummy bear' its called the gummy bear because it has a 100% fill. Its a little firmer than the CUI and the Responsive (but will still be nice, soft and squidgey) but unlike the CUI and the Responsive were if you cut into them the silicone will spread a little, if you cut into the Soft touch it will be form stable, so will totally remain the same shape.

As Jen said, although the CUI is a budget implant though it does have the same stringent testing for safety as the Premium Natrelle range. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 9th October 2013, 4:43 pm

Hiya, I have the Natrelle's.  I had the tear-drops anatomically with no breast tissue of my own and they feel lovely and soft even though I am just over 2 months post op.

I liked the fact that they had a lower percentage for CC.

It is really down to whether you feel they are worth the £500 extra to you.

I would ask your surgeon for his/her opinion x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

CUI or natrelle ? Empty Hi Ravenxwaves

Post by Siamese4 10th October 2013, 6:59 pm

I've got my op on the 20th Oct - not long now eek - I'm having the Natrelle Soft Touch mainly due to the rupture rate I think CUI's is 4% and Natrelle range rupture rate is 1%.  For me personally I think you are paying x amount of money anyway so what is £500 more for that extra reassurance.  Also I have heard of three girls that had CUIs which have ruptured.  Not saying that CUIs are poor quality but the statistics pushed me to the Natrelle range.

Good luck and hope everything goes well for you. xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 10th October 2013, 7:18 pm

Natrelle's for me. I felt both Natrelle's and CUI's and the Natrelle's felt MUCH sturdier x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 10th October 2013, 7:20 pm

I'd spend the bit more money and get the best ones the soft touches. You get wht you pay for I think

Love Maisy x
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 11th October 2013, 9:31 pm

I went for the natrelles as well, after a lot of thought. I agree that since you're already spending the money, you may as well go with the premium implant. 

Also having discussed with the surgeon, although yes they will need replacing at some point they may not need doing as soon as ten years; especially if you don't change too much. If your body changes loads then that would require a change or if there's a rupture or some other complication. If your body remains largely the same shape and size the implant could last you far in excess of ten years. 

Allergans lifetime warranty is for the life of the implant. I emailed them when I was researching and they deem it's lifetime to be 25 years. So if they're that confident in their product I thought I'd give it a go for the extra £500!

Good luck with the decision making!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 10:08 pm

CAB321 wrote:Allergans lifetime warranty is for the life of the implant. I emailed them when I was researching and they deem it's lifetime to be 25 years.
This actually contradicts their actual study which deems a 57% risk of complication through 7 years of being implanted after primary surgery (your first BA) with those stats... The FDAs data that was released (info in a sticky in General Breast Augmenation) that the general lifespan of all implants is about 10 years seems about right I would think.

I got the information HERE xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 12th October 2013, 5:53 am

Morning. 
Thanks for that. I've had a little read of it and on page 19 it says 45% risk of any complication during first 7 years for first BA. However if you scroll down to page 21 there's a table of all the possible complications that they've included in that study and there's loads. All the usual ones rupture and CC but also breast pain and swelling. 
So I'm not sure it does contradict their lifetime warranty. I'll see if I've still got the email from Allergan and I'll send it over to you. 

I have to say though if you're the worrying type if you read though all of those reports you'd never go through with it!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th October 2013, 12:33 pm

Ahhh CAB sorry you're right, at 7 years it was 45% I mixed it up didnt I with the percentages either side :doh: .... But follow those percentages in 14 years 90% would require revision. The 25 years just doesn't calculate does it shrug 

But chances are as the FDA reported we will have to replace around 10 years which does make sense according to the calculations.

You don't have to show the letter babe... I do believe you Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 12th October 2013, 1:11 pm

There's no disputing the study, but I think they've included lots of complications, not just the ones that would need the implants replacing. 

Hehe... Didn't think you wouldn't believe me. 

The basis of the email was that the Natrelle warranty plus is basically that Allergan will replace the implant at any time during its lifetime (25 years) if they rupture, but not for any other reason. If the rupture occurs during the first 10 years they will provide £700 in addition to the new implants to cover surgery fees. This is all on their website. So on the basis that rupture is effectively covered for 25 years I went with the premium implant. 

It's definitely down to personal circumstances though. It would be a waste to pay the extra if you're planning to go bigger in the next few years anyway or if you're planning to have children and then re-do boobies afterwards!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th October 2013, 1:22 pm

Ahhhh I getcha!

So this isn't about the general life of the implant its their personal limit to their implant warranty... I'm with you now yes 

Yes, they do only cover rupture which is a shame considering CC is the highest cause of replacement lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 12th October 2013, 9:51 pm

COOKIE wrote:Yes, they do only cover rupture which is a shame considering CC is the highest cause of replacement lol. Xx
don't mind my ignorance, but what's CC?
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th October 2013, 10:05 pm

Its Capsular Contracture Raven.

Take a look HERE xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down