Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile

+4
jodioc77
Blueeyedsoul13
jenniferrf1
Siamese4
8 posters

Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile

Post by Siamese4 25th September 2013, 7:42 pm

Hi everyone

Don't know if you've forgotten about me :wave4:but I did eventually speak to the clinic yesterday I spoke to a different coordinator as mine was on holiday - I asked her to look at my notes and to tell me my BWD - she came back and informed me that it was 14 - so I then told her that I was worried from my research that the UHP that I had decided on would be too narrow and told her about my current implants being too narrow etc. I said that the UHP had a diameter of 11.75 and that from what I've read anything that is more than 1.5cm narrower than your BWD would be too narrow. She just said that the UHP would be fine and that my surgeon had agreed to it but I said that I would be happier with the HP which are 12.75 - she kept saying that the size of UHP implant that I was going have was alot bigger than my last implant of 250cc and would fill my pocket better but I just stuck to my guns and said that I wanted 385 and 415 HP ordered in for my BA day so I could then decide between both types. After much discussion and her trying to put me off she said she would contact the surgeon but thought I would have to go and see him for a 3rd consultation in another town as he wasn't due in my area til after the op - I said I couldn't take time off work and didn't want to travel over 1 hr journey and that he knew all my details anyway she came back and said that he said I could have the HP if I wanted but that 1cm wider wouldn't make much difference. Anyway after all that I'm so pleased I have finally got them to order the HP in for me. Sorry I've gone into sooooo much detail! I'm sure I will go for the HP but it's just whether to have 385 or 415cc now - has anyone got any thoughts of going up to a 415cc (when I eventually decided on the 400cc UHP before it took me alot of consideration as thought 400cc would be too big but didn't want to go too small so got used to the idea but now it's do I go to just 385cc or go up another 15cc to 415CC ????????????????????? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Re: Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile

Post by jenniferrf1 25th September 2013, 7:48 pm

Hi! So do you know the width of the 285/415? From what ive seen, its not uncommon for a lady to have bigger implants the next time around so ignore the PCC (as you know they have no medical training and has no pace to be giving advice on implants) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Hi Jennifer

Post by Siamese4 25th September 2013, 7:55 pm

Sorry forgot to say 12.5 for 285 and 12.75 for 415cc.  Are all patient coordinators the same I wonder or am I just unlucky?????
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Re: Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile

Post by Siamese4 25th September 2013, 7:56 pm

Sorry mean't to say 385!
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 25th September 2013, 8:07 pm

hi hun,

it's good you didn't let your pcc talk you out of it as she shouldn't be the one advising you on implant size anyway!

you are now getting the sizes ordered in for your op day, so make sure to discuss with your surgeon again on the day.

generally it is said that you shouldn't veer more than 1.5cm off your BWD in either direction, so do make sure  you discuss this with him hun.

sounds like you've done well getting the sizes ordered in though.

regarding sizes you might want to try rice boobs?
if you were happy with the 400s, then you should think about that 15 more cc will only make the difference of 2 teaspoons or so, so shouldnt make a big difference :)

good luck with all your decisions :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Hi Blue (for short lol)

Post by Siamese4 25th September 2013, 8:22 pm

Thanks for your comments - I've already got implants in (250cc) so I don't know if rice test would work as well but I was thinking about trying to add another 165g and see if it gives me an idea - thank you.  I'm just glad I was alerted to the BWD issue by the girls on here as naively it hadn't really occurred to me - just need to decide on size now - eek - will probably have a few more sleepless nights over that now! xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 25th September 2013, 8:30 pm

I agree with blue, the 415s are what I would be thinking of going for with a bwd of 14cm but that's just me! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 25th September 2013, 8:32 pm

ah sorry didnt realise you already had implants!

but if you had previously decided on 400, then 415 really isnt a big difference if you're happy with that.
a good question to ask yourself is if you'd rather have slightly smaller or slightly bigger x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 25th September 2013, 9:20 pm

i think with your bwd you would have no problem with the 415cc...

i know everyone is diff and i have a diff profile to you...but my bwd is 13.5 and i have 405cc and do wish i had gone a little bigger x
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 25th September 2013, 10:04 pm

I haven't a clue what my BWD is.. I am just wondering if you should have another consult just to be sure? If anythings wrong will it say in your notes that you pushed for this size etc?
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th September 2013, 10:59 pm

Every implant size makes a difference, no matter how small the jump up in CCs are. If they didn't it wouldn't be worth the manufacturers making them babe. The small increases sound minimal out of the body... But in the body, even the smallest of increases WILL matter.

Either implant takes you within the 1.5 guideline babe, so as suggested earlier... Would you rather wake up and be happier if they were larger then expected? Or smaller? Once you answer that 'for yourself' hun, you'll have your answer. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 26th September 2013, 6:38 am

I understand that Cookie, but I was wondering that if any patient went against the initial consult or queried her surgeons suggestion and was insistent could that go against the patient if not happy with their final result if they refused the offer of another consult?
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 26th September 2013, 8:03 am

Hmm, I am sure my BWD was stupidly high, about 17!! I have been advised to have EX. high profile Natrelles (475 or 525cc) will they look funny then? I thought the biggest any of them went to was 14cms ish?
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 26th September 2013, 8:12 am

That does seem strange that he measured your BWD as 14 then offered you implants of 11.75... I know this is really cheeky, but if you really can't see your surgeon prior to your surgery date, I would say look around and book a free consultation (just for advice, but don't tell them you're already booked obviously lol) with someone else, most Spire hospitals offer the 15min free mini consultations (day&evenings) and have your BWD remeasured and ask them what they would suggest... (or mybreast is £25). At least then you can make more of an informed decision when you go in to speak to your surgeon on the day? xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Informed of BWD - Ordered High Profile  Empty Hi

Post by Siamese4 26th September 2013, 7:51 pm

Hi guys - well he didn't really recommend any size really he just had the CUIs on the desk and talked me through the different sizes and said that I wouldn't really notice anything with 310, may be able to notice more with the 375 but if I wanted to see considerable difference would have to look around 400cc I asked him about the Natrelle range and we only touched on the subject.  At that point I was looking at having the 365cc.  I then went home and started to research the Natrelle range and because of the small chance of flipping that he mentioned with the CUIs (that was the only negative thing he said as I think they like to push the CUIs at that clinic) and because Natrelle range have less chance of rupture etc (by the way I'm not criticising CUIs as I know they are good quality etc etc) I asked for a second consultation to discuss Soft Touch and also projection.  In the second consultation he mentioned that he nearly always used the High Profile CUIS I told him that I was looking at having the Soft Touch and that I was interested in maybe going a little bigger.  He mentioned that if I wanted to go to 400+ I may have to have a pocket revision.  I did express my wish that I wanted more projection and he said the only way to achieve that was to go for the bigger implant sizes ie 400+.  He said that I should speak to the coordinator if I wanted to see some before and afters as I was still undecided which size to go for but that was all that was said so he never really recommended any size.  I'm not worried that he didn't recommend that I have a wider implant due to my BWD as after reading other surgeon's views on BWD and implant size it is evident that not all of them put the same emphasis on the size of the implant to the BWD and think that other factors such as cc of implant and individual's stats equally contribute to the final result.  I do like the surgeon and have heard excellent reviews about his work so do feel that I trust him.  As for the BWD being 14 - my partner measured it at 14 and I got 13.5ish so I do think it is correct.  I'm still not sure about the size still I've got them ordered for the day of the BA so I think I need to do alot more research before then.  Thanks alot for all your input I will let you know what I decide.xxx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Siamese4 26th September 2013, 8:08 pm

Hi Laura 

I've just looked at the catalogue and for the Extra High Profile Textured the 470cc implant has a diameter of 12.5cm and the 525cc has a diameter of 13cm.  I hope this helps.

xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th September 2013, 8:40 pm

jakki32 wrote:I understand that Cookie, but I was wondering that if any patient went against the initial consult or queried her surgeons suggestion and was insistent could that go against the patient if not happy with their final result if they refused the offer of another consult?
Once you and your surgeon agree to a surgery plan, if you're unhappy with the aesthetic look post-op there's nothing at all you can do about it babe, regardless who made the decisions. This is why its important to research surgery plans BEFORE agreeing to anything to ensure you're happy with everything.

If you disagree with the surgery plan and request changes against the advice of your surgeon and you have a complication post-op the likelyhood of your aftercare covering this would be very poor hun.

Its fine to question surgery plans and make changes IF your surgeon is in agreement and doesn't feel the risks are raised in making the changes you want. But if they don't agree and you want her changes anyway, then as I said... If things go wrong, you'd be responsible for that hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down