Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about over/under placement

+3
jodioc77
Lisa34
Louise14
7 posters

Go down

Question about over/under placement Empty Question about over/under placement

Post by Louise14 15th August 2013, 6:16 pm

Hi girls
When I went to my consultation the surgeon said (if I was to go ahead) he would decide during the operation where to place my implants. This worried me as I'd prefer to know beforehand and I think I'd rather have overs if possible. Is this normal practice and has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks xxx
Louise14
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Question about over/under placement Empty Re: Question about over/under placement

Post by Lisa34 15th August 2013, 6:21 pm

Placement is usually decided before your surgery hun. I have no idea why he would want to wait. Generally if you can pinch 2 cms or more of natural breast tissue, then you can have overs. Any less and your usually advised to go partially under.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Question about over/under placement Empty Re: Question about over/under placement

Post by jodioc77 15th August 2013, 6:36 pm

at one of my consults the surgeon said the same thing to me.  she said this was because i had strong pec muscles, and there were certain things she would do to me while i was knocked out to decide.  i didn't go with her, not because of this, just found another surgeon i preferred, who along with a 3rd i consulted on, and who were both BAAPs, said they would both definatley go under
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise14 15th August 2013, 6:58 pm

Ok good to know im not being overly cautious. Thinking back he did pinch the skin so maybe he wasn't convinced there was 2cm. I'm having a consultation with another surgeon in a few weeks so I'll see what happens at that one.
Louise14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2013, 10:02 am

Did you say to the surgeon you wanted overs hun?

If you did, it may have been that you were borderline to have overs and so until the surgeon had you on the table they couldn't tell for definite whether it was possible, so, to avoid getting your hopes up and then possibly need to go under the muscle during surgery and you waking disappointed, the surgeon was just covering themselves.

I agree though. I'd rather have a surgeon confident in their choices and I'd personally keep looking babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise14 16th August 2013, 10:55 am

Yeah I told him that overs were my preference and while he was understanding, he wasn't committing to either one until I'm on the table as you rightly said Cookie lol! Definitely gonna keep looking xx
Louise14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 16th August 2013, 12:35 pm

I can pinch more than 2cms of natural breast tissue but was recommended unders??

Aren't unders supposed to give you more support so you dont head south too quickly? x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 16th August 2013, 12:41 pm

Yes the muscle will act as a sort of support but unders are still partial meaning the top is only under the muscle. 
Although still with any placement aesthetic look and sag will still happen over time. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 16th August 2013, 12:45 pm

I've been told partial unders too, and I can pinch a bit, but I'm not sure if what I'm pinching is actual breast tissue or just skin and fat????
I think that if you are quite slim built and have a small amount of breast tissue, unders offer the implant a bit of extra coverage. The muscle sitting over it covers it with an extra layer so you don't get the risk of rippling. They do apparently look a bit more natural than overs if you are lacking in natural boob department, but they take longer to settle down!!
Louise, I would agree, shop around a little more until you find someone that is confident in their choices and that you feel comfortable with.
I saw four surgeons before making my mind up. One of them suggested completely different placement from the other three and they all varied on size recommendations too!
Good luck.x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2013, 1:03 pm

CAB321 wrote:They do apparently look a bit more natural than overs if you are lacking in natural boob department, but they take longer to settle down!!
Can actually tell who has had partials and who has had overs by looking at the avatars here?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 16th August 2013, 1:16 pm

Cookie,

No I don't think you can really. My friend had overs and she's really small up top and hers do look really round. I've got another friend who had a lift and implants (overs) and you wouldn't even know to look at her that she'd had them done!

I think it's all down to the skill of the surgeon and the look you want to achieve, along with the clothes and underwear you choose.

It is so hard to make the decision. When I was told I could have overs I was pleased as I'd read that it's generally best if possible, however I was then advised by three surgeons to go for unders.

I'm still worried about it all as you're placing so much trust into someone else! Only time will tell, fingers crossed it'll all be fine on the day!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2013, 1:19 pm

Your friend who looks round most probably had the wrong placement chosen 'for her' babe.

You really would be hard pushed to tell who had which placement 'when the right choice has been made for the woman)

So partials or overs... A natural look can be achieved.

If the majority of surgeons chose partials for you CAB, then this must be the right placement for you lovely... Don't worry hun, it'll all turn FANBOOBYTASTIC! dance
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 16th August 2013, 6:19 pm

Thanks Cookie. To be honest I think the thing that's worrying me the most now is going too big! I really want them to look natural.
I think I've reached the point where I will have to trust the experts opinion and go with it!!
I'm sure it will all be Fanboobytastic as you say!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2013, 9:48 pm

I'm sure hey will babe Hug 

If that uncertainty is really shouting out to you though, you do have plenty of time to arrange another consultation with your surgeon to take pictures in to help make your final decision before the big day, so don't hesitate to see them if you need to hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down