Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

placement confusion!!

+3
CJA2010
sarahdawn31
mrschewy
7 posters

Go down

placement confusion!! Empty placement confusion!!

Post by mrschewy 9th September 2010, 2:58 am

oh somebody please help!! i have my size picked out but i cant decided where to put em... over or under? i know there are pros/cons of both but.... what made you decide to put your implants where they are. i think getting another persons opinion would help a lot. my hubby tells me he thinks unders but my bff says overs :dunno:
mrschewy
mrschewy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

placement confusion!! Empty Re: placement confusion!!

Post by sarahdawn31 9th September 2010, 3:48 am

I know it is sooo confusing, I am booked for partial unders as per my ps advice... but I am still on the fence what is best.

Has your ps suggested one or the other, because I think if you dont have a lot of breast tissue to work with they tend to suggest unders.

I think if your ps says either would work for you it becomes a really personal decision and really in the pics I have seen on the net you see fab looking boob with both unders and overs.

good luck deciding!!

sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 9th September 2010, 6:38 am

I've got unders and although my surgeon did say I could have either I felt more comfortable with unders as I didn't have much breast tissue and felt this would be better for 'me as I really didn't want the posh spice look.

I am so pleased I made the decision and I LOVE my new boobs and from the comments I've received from those who have seen my new additions, they have surprised at how natural looking they look.

I do agree with Sarah Dawn in that you should go with whatever your surgeon recommends - he knows what will look best for you. Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2010, 6:42 am

The right placement is the one that will best suit your body type. None of us are the same and we each need a placement individually tailored to suit our body type.

To quote James McDiarmid from a recent thread -

I see examples of work from clinics where they almost exclusively go behind the muscle and vice-versa.
The truth here is that the most important choices in breast augmentation (size, shape, pocket and incision) should be tailored for each individual patient.

Clinics who do exclusively subglandular BA will produce a proportion of patients who have visible rippling, implant edge visibility and palpability issues.

Clinics who do exclusively submuscular (or dual plane) BA will produce a proportion of patients with double-bubble deformity - if not immediately then quite possibly over the first 10 years postop as the implant sticks high up and the breast gland droops with age/pregnancy/weight loss.

Quote taken from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So you see, if you get the placement wrong, you put yourself more at risk of complications post-op sweetie, it's not just a case of deciding what you want. You should go for a few consultations babe, take on the advice from the surgeons and go with the opinion of the surgeon you trust most to perform your BA hunni. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 9th September 2010, 7:00 am

It really is best to take the surgeons advice rather than forming a solid opinion before you go for a consultation. My husband did a lot of reading before agreeing to me spending the money and was deadset on unders but my surgeon recommended overs as I have enough breast tissue and I am so glad I went with his advice, as it was right for me.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschewy 9th September 2010, 1:52 pm

i would be more than happy to take my surgeons advice except for the fact that his opinion is based off of what he has fixed not my body and whats best for me
mrschewy
mrschewy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 9th September 2010, 2:42 pm

id choose a different surgeon then, if youre not convinced hed make the right decision for you x
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 9th September 2010, 3:06 pm

Abbie's right - you should choose a different surgeon if you don't trust him hun.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 9th September 2010, 9:15 pm

well one surgeon told me to get overs as I have very little natural breast tissue (I am getting a uplift too) so that in future years if my natural breast tissue droops again I wouldn't get a strange side profile whereas the other surgeon suggested the dual plane method..now I am confused too!
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down