Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness

5 posters

Go down

Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness Empty Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness

Post by eddy787 24th July 2013, 7:46 pm

Evening girls,

I thought I would update with my two week post details, as I feel I was really unprepared for what I'm seeing now. I feel I was a bit naïve, so hopefully this will help to prepare any pre-op girlies. I warn anyone reading in advance this might get a bit gory, so apologies! :-)

So I had a full anchor lift without implants. I had my reveal (all my dressings removed) about 3 days ago, and was advised I could take showers from then on. I was extremely happy that the nurse said I was healing well, that the T junctions looked good and that my boobs looked good too and that there were no issues. She did show me my boobs in a mirror, but all the black/dark red scabs all around my areola, stitching along the vertical and underneath made my boobs look like Frankenstein-esque, so I only glanced!! (wimp I know, and they are my boobs!)

I got home to take my first shower and this is when I had a real full look. I have to say I got upset as what I saw made me cry! My left boob was reduced as I had asymmetry, so 37g was removed, this boob had more trauma and had been more sensitive during the two weeks. This boob however, was a nice U shape, with the vertical stitching, although not entirely straight and a little zig zaggy, and therefore made it look like I had scabby holes in my boobs, was generally neat, with my skin coming together on either sides of the vertical stitching quite evenly. The areola is puckered (gathered looking skin, like top of curtains), but still broadly even with the rest of skin on my boob overall. It looks like Frankenstein-esque with the stitching but it looks generally even and it's the shape I wanted which was good news since this was the boob with more trauma/work. So far so good!

The right boob is what upset me. Where the vertical stitching joins, its feels the skin/tissue on either side is bulging out, so the boob looks more W shape in my eyes, and it also emphasises the scabby holes! The areola, although puckered too, is dented in on one side, so does not sit evenly with the rest of my skin on that boob. It looks like a wonky nipple to me! I mailed Cookie straight away and sent her pics, as I just didn't know if this was normal or did it mean my surgeon had done a poor job on the right boob?!!

Cookie has assured me it will all even out and all the dents/holes/unevenness will go in time, but the key thing here is IN TIME. We are not talking days, weeks, we are talking months! With a lot of massaging needed to even out the skin once I'm allowed to massage. In addition, if you have implants, these tend to push the unevenness out of the skin and areolas , whereas all I had was my own tissue which isn't as firm as an implant.

I think had both boobs been U shaped with even areolas like my left I would have been fine. But the right is worrying, I just hadn't prepared how gruesome the boobs looked and I don't know whether the W shape will fully even out of the right or not, even with massaging. I will be seeing my surgeon for a 4 week check up so will ask him to note the unevenness of right boobie up then, I want him to know I am concerned. Hopefully the right boob will balance itself out naturally soon, but for now, I am only 50% happy!! (but still would have it done again in a heart beat, the pertness of both boobs still beats what I had before hands down!).

I live in hope!!! xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness Empty Re: Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness

Post by jenniferrf1 24th July 2013, 7:57 pm

Aww eddy, good to see your update... Lots of detail there! I didn't really think about what it must feel like after an uplift... To see all those scars it must feel very scary! Long scars do look very scary at first when they are new... And puckered but once healed they do look 1000% times better! I'm glad you managed to get reassurance from cookie that its normal though!
Although I'm not having an uplift this time, I could next time I have a operation so It's something to think about!

Hope it all starts to look better soon, keep positive xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness Empty Re: Two Week Post Op - Unprepared for Uneveness

Post by eddy787 24th July 2013, 8:39 pm

Hey Jen, how you doing? Yeah me neither, didn't really think about after! I spent so much time concentrating on the prep I hardly thought about scarring/scabs!!
I really do hope they look 1000% better in time, it was scary seeing them all stitched up, I didn't prep myself for the reveal at all!! Hence I thought I'd go with detailed as I think it would have helped me prepare when I was Pre-op. I gotta be patient now!! Xxx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 24th July 2013, 8:46 pm

Aww hun xx I'm so sorry to read your so upset x they will even out, but as you said yourself 'time' is what they need! 

Listen to what cookie told you, she really does know what she's talking about! I know it's hard when you look in the mirror and things arnt what you expected. Give it time, but do get your concerns noted by your surgeon xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy787 24th July 2013, 9:04 pm

Thanks Lisa, am defo trying to not worry for now, just going them to give the boobs time, and massage like crazy once I'm allowed. I think all the post op photos I saw were mostly 3 or 6 months post op which gave me a false sense of expectation I guess. Will defo listen to you and Cookie, I won't panic just yet!! :-) xx
eddy787
eddy787
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2013, 10:34 pm

Hug 

I think you had more of a shock eddy because you were expecting to see that the same as those picturetrails you've seen here which are all 'with an implant' so the scars rather than being pushed out by an implant don't look quite the same...but that's OK! The scars are all clean, they're neat and when you do get the all clear to start massaging months down the line they're going to look so different to how they look now.

I told you in PM, but I'll say it here too... Having seen yours and the film on botched bodies the other night of a lady who had implants removed and just an uplift, I'm seriously thinking whether or not I'd like another implant after seeing the shape you have - they look fab!

Great post though lovely. And I do hope your surgeon can offer some reassurance to you Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 30th July 2013, 12:30 pm

Hello Eddy,

I am 6 days post uplift/reduction surgery and I have my first wound care appointment on Thursday huh smiley 

I'm soooo curious to see what is under my dressings.  The results I can see (thus far) seem far too perfect and I am, unlike you, anticipating I will see a complete car crash under there Rolling Eyes.

I am sorry to hear you were so upset by what you saw after your 'reveal'. I'm sure the experienced folk who have already responded are absolutely right - this will settle and in a few weeks (possibly months) this will all be a bad memory.

Heal well.

Zoe x
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down