Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy

4 posters

Go down

Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy Empty Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy

Post by espo81 21st March 2013, 12:50 am

Hi girls/ladies,
I am new to this site and have been looking for a nice forum to share my experience with so far and read others going through the process.
Had my op 12th March and have pretty much been lazing about ever since, feeling tired, bloated, sore & nauseous. Before i had the op i watched girls video stories online and they all seemed to be fine after a few days. So this is where i get my expectations of my recovery from.
I had a check up at 6 days post op and had my dressings removed and new waterproof ones put on so i was able to have a proper shower then. As before i wasnt allowed to get them wet. He said i should be feeling ok at day 6 and checked my boobs etc over but all healing nicely.
Can i just ask a few of you to let me know how your recovery process has went/is going? So i don't feel like the only one going through this which is seeming a long haul at the moment. As i still dont feel like im ready to drive yet and am pretty much housebound.
Thanking you all in advance and look forward to sharing your stories xx
espo81
espo81
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy Empty Re: Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2013, 1:08 am

Welcome to Breast Buddies espo wavey

I'm going to move your thread to the 'Uplift/Reductions and nipple lift surgeries section of the forum lovely because the ladies there will have a better idea of what you should expect after having a lift over there :ok:

At just 2 weeks post-op you really are very early in your recovery hun so don't feel down and think you're alone out there, you're not at all babe Hug

We all heal differently, some sooner than others, but it took me a good two weeks to get over the surgery, let alone the uplift healing itself!

The main thing you'll be wanting to do right now is get yourself mobile! The sooner you're doing this, the better you'll start to feel hun... So starting out with a gentle walk at first, getting some fresh air will help make you feel so much better and slowly build that up up, a couple of times a day if you can manage it, or a little further everyday if you'd prefer. The worse you can do is sit about all day babe, even if that's how you feel, do get yourself up about but of course of you do feel tired, listen to your body and rest.

Driving can be a tricky one, especially reverse parking! (OUCH!) so don't drive until you do feel ready to do so hun. Have a little try maybe every couple of days as you start to feel stronger and it'll soon feel right to drive again.

Having a mastopexy is a major operation hun and does take it out of you and now your body needs time to recover. Don't follow other women's recoveries at all, we're all different and therefore our healing will be different also, so focus on yourself lovely. Your surgeon is happy with your progress so that's great... As each day passes now it really will get better and better. It may feel like such a long process and that babe is because it is just that!

Its going to take months for your boobs to heal. You'll start getting back to normality over the next coming weeks, but your boobs.... They have a whoooole lot of healing ahead of them espo and we'll be here to help answer any questions you might have along the way. X

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy Empty Re: Healing Process after Breast Aug & Mastopexy

Post by 2nd time lucky 21st March 2013, 7:56 am

Hello and welcome to the forum. As Cookie said you have had a big op and you need time to recover. I think we all expect to be doing things sooner than we can. It took me two weeks to start feeling ok after my 2nd boob job and I only had implants ! I am sure some of the lovely ladies who have had the same thing done as you will be along soon and they will be more helpful. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by espo81 21st March 2013, 9:25 am

Thank you Cookie & 2nd time lucky. Just hearing from others that know what it feels like has made me feel much better already. I'm back at work nxt wk so really need to start preparing myself for that and getting back to normal??!! The weather at the moment isn't helping on getting out but i do have a wee shop at top of the road so may try a walk there. I think my recovery expectations were so out so i just need to let my body do its thing and rest when i need to. It's hard when youve got 3 kids though, but my husband has taken time off work just now to help out so thats good! Going away to have a nice shower and take it from there. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run xx
espo81
espo81
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2013, 12:29 pm

To be honest babe, I think no matter how much preparation we have, none of us are prepared for the recovery.

You'll be very surprised though how much healing you do in just a week and how much better you're going to feel babe.

You haven't mentioned if you're taking pain killers or not?

If you are and they're the strong pain killers (Tramadol, co-codamol) then if you feel able do stop taking those. They make you feel so much worse and after stopping them you soon start to feel like your old self.

This thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may also help with some of the things you might also be experiencing.

Please ask away any questions you might have lovely and we can help, we will. We'll be here for you right through your recovery and beyond if you'd like to stick around... So, anything at all babe - we're there for you. Hug x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by espo81 21st March 2013, 12:44 pm

Thanks cookie. I am only taking paracetamol now. Did have diclofenac but stopped taking them few days ago which made me feel bit better. I also got prescribed anti sickness pills at my check up which i only take if i'm feeling bad. Husband bought me windeze tablets for my bloatedness but dont seem to be doing anything!
I have had a shower,got dressed and put makeup on but really dont feel like going out as dont feel as though i have the energy and still feeling that yucky way! I know i just need to be patient but being stuck in is doing my head in! XX
espo81
espo81
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2013, 12:52 pm

It won't hurt to push yourself a little and go for a little walk hun... Even if its just a little walk. You really need to start getting yourself mobile now babe and once you do and get those endorphins kicking in you really will start to feel so much better... You may flop in your bed afterwards but that's OK! It the getting yourself mobile now that matters babe, this will also help promote better healing too. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by espo81 21st March 2013, 1:01 pm

yeh think i'll try later on. My wee girls just gone for a sleep so will have a snooze myself then get out for a walk. Thanks cookie. let u know how i get on xx
espo81
espo81
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 22nd March 2013, 10:55 pm

I didnt drive for over 2 weeks and I felt rough for about 3 weeks then things gradually got easier but I didnt feel like 'me' for a good 6 weeks and i still had aches and pains if I over stretched etc.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down