Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy?

4 posters

Go down

Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? Empty Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy?

Post by Loobs 12th June 2012, 12:27 pm

Hey,

Im going away for a few days at the end of the month, i'll be 10 weeks PO by then. Im right in thinking even an underwire for a few hours is a no-no arent i?

Im just thinking of taking my black ahh bra and using it as a bikini top, I wont be sunbathing anyway as I know thats not allowed...any thoughts girls?

xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? Empty Re: Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy?

Post by COOKIE 12th June 2012, 1:42 pm

Its possible after you've seen your surgeon for a 6 week post-op check that you'll be given the all clear to wear wires Loobs. So do ask because if you've healed well, theres absolutely no reason why you can't, unless your surgeon feels you need more time to heal and if that's the case sweetie, the ahhh bra would have to wait for another time.

Hope you have a lovely time wherever you're going Loobs... I'm desperate for a bit of sun myself!!! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? Empty Re: Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy?

Post by Loobs 12th June 2012, 1:51 pm

Thanks Cookie,

Im 8 weeks PO and unfortunately I dont get to see PS untill 3 months which is 28th July. But ive just called the clinic now and the receptionist said one of the nurses is going to call me...its not a BIG deal for me because i'll just wear my sports bra and a tshirt, boobies come first! ha!

Im going to Spain for my best friends hen do for 3 nights at the end of the month, im looking forward to a bit of a break! And yeah some sun would be nice...!!

Thanks Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? 48411

xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th June 2012, 2:26 pm

Ooooo a girlie holiday! Even better! Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? 727935

You have a very good attitude to caring for your boobs babe Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? 1978086825 , hopefully your nurse will give you the all clear Underwired Bikini Top after Mastopexy? 1150991001 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 12th June 2012, 2:54 pm

I know bring it on I cant wait haha! Never been on a girls holiday before!

Well she said no underwires till 3 months PO. So unless I find a very good non wires bikini its the lovely sports bras & vests!

Im still wearing my tapes and she said to take them off now because i dont need them...unless there is still scabbing...blinking conflicting info or what. PS Said keep it on for 10 weeks so thats what im going to do.

Thanks cookie! xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 12th June 2012, 7:33 pm

Where are your tapes? Are they something over your scars im guessing??
Can you go through for me what youve had on and off if you get me??
Like what you have to keep on for so long, stitchs etc?
xxx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 12th June 2012, 9:45 pm

My tapes are around my nipple, down the middle and under my breast. Imagine an anchor shape.

I had dissolvable stitches, glue and micropore tape. I was told to leave the tape on for 10 weeks as my PS prefers them to stay on as he said the tape moves with your skin when you move so the scarring is supposed to be minimal. I dont know how true that is but thats what his preference is.

Obviousley the tape gets dog eared etc with wear and tear so I have been alowed to change it if i need to and i had it completeley changes at 4 weeks PO with the nurse.

I have actually took the tapes off tonight as all the stitches have dissolved and the glue is dried up and there is no scabbing at all.

The nurse on the phone said to me that they only require you to keep the tape on for 3 weeks but at 4 weeks PO I wasnt healed enough for no tape.

I think its a case of everyone is different and also you have to go with what your surgeon wants you to do.

xxx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by stephthorne 19th June 2012, 9:55 pm

Ahhh ok, I really need to prepare myself for after as I don't think i've fully sat down and thought it through properly, and prepared myself for the pain, the mess at the beginning and what i need to remember!
xxx
stephthorne
stephthorne
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 23rd June 2012, 1:34 pm

Im due to have my uplift and ba on the 22nd july, do you get all this info on dressings etc when you have a pre-op? im going to ask her if not just so i know as there are so many different types of dressings etc and scar reducing things which i have no clue about! do you have to look these up yourselves or do you just go with whatever the ps and nurse says? questions questions! lol
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2012, 2:02 pm

Hi Jen... In preparation for your uplift, I'd start mouisturising your breasts now to get your skin prepared and nice and supple for your big day.

At your pre-op you'll go through your medical history, they'll need your height and your weight and they'll also take your pre-op pictures too at this time as well as possible blood tests, ECG or any other health check required depending on your medical history, if you're fit and healthy you'll probably just go through the questions. Your nurse will go through with you what to expect from your surgery, you've no need to buy any dressings lovely, your hospital will provide all of that, when you go home after surgery, you'll go back around 1 week post op to have your scars checked, sometimes the dressings are removed at this check, leaving only steri-strips there, you'll be given steri-strips by your nurse to replace as instructed.

You'll be advised not to use any lotions/creams/oils on your scars for at least 6 weeks hun, so no need to rush out and buy anything like that.

You'll be clearly advised by your surgeon and nurse lovely so dont worry and anything you dont understand... that's what we're for! We'll help you along the way sweetie, so any questions at all, just create a new thread and fire away! We've many ladies who have had an uplift here including myself, so you're in good company here Jen. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 23rd June 2012, 2:36 pm

thanks cookie its really good to know! my minds been put at rest about so much already. its only 4 weeks away and i cant wait but on the other hand im hoping time goes slowly so i can make sure im as prepared as possible lol xx
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2012, 2:40 pm

Understandable babe... Just a few other things you might like to get if you haven't already - Ice packs - 1 for each breast (very cheap in wilkinsons) and a V-Pillow (easy to pick up from Argos), these two things will become your best friends hun! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 23rd June 2012, 2:45 pm

i was just about to ask where to get a v pillow! you read my mind lol thank you x
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down