Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnica AND bio oil

+6
JennyD
mais04
mrs_s_88
misf1
COOKIE
Lauraloubell
10 posters

Go down

Arnica AND bio oil Empty Arnica AND bio oil

Post by Lauraloubell 13th January 2013, 2:33 pm

Hi again!

I bought some arnica as had read it is good to take a week or so previous to the op and in the first few days afterwards to help with bruising but the nurse I saw yesterday said she couldn't advise me and I should speak to the chemist. The chemist just looked horrified and said that her advise would be not to put my body through unecessary stress by having the op in the first place. So I'm a bit lost...

Also, I've been using bio oil to avoid stretch marks... can i do this up to op day?
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Arnica AND bio oil Empty Re: Arnica AND bio oil

Post by COOKIE 13th January 2013, 2:47 pm

Lol... Your chemist is obviously very anti-cosmetic surgery... He should really have cast his or her personal opinions aside and just advised on your question about arnica... Silly person! Rolling Eyes

There's actually no evidence to uphold the possibilities of arnicas healing powers.

I've used it with a surgery and had another surgery without it... The 1st surgery I didn't use it and had no problems at all

Second surgery I used it and I bruised like a peach and had healing problems, this last surgery, never bothered and still had healing problems...

So from my own personal experience of it, it doesn't work lol.

So unless specifically instructed to use it by your surgeon, which in that you always should, there's no harm in trying, its entirely up to you whether e or not you 'want' to use it hun. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 13th January 2013, 2:51 pm

Thanks Cookie! Silly chemist. She was a real judgeypants! x
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 13th January 2013, 2:57 pm

Can't believe that chemist, cheeky as. I can't say I believe in arnica, but the clinic suggested I use it, so I did. I don't know if it made a difference. I don't think I'd bother with it for my next op. As for bio oil. I used both bio oil and palmers cocoa butter before and after my op, just because I'm so prone to stretch marks. I don't know if it helped or not but I did it just to be sure I had my skin in the best possible condidtion for the stretching it would under go. Then if I did get stretchmarks I knew I'd done everything I could but it was just gonna happen anyway.
Luckily I didn't get one.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs_s_88 13th January 2013, 4:07 pm

I think cocoa butter is on my shopping list for tomorrow....my op is in two weeks better start rubbing! However I do moisturise religiously anyway, so maybe this will help as well. I was wondering about arnica as well, I have pre open Thursday so will ask then.
And also can't believe that chemist! Silly goose!
Xx
mrs_s_88
mrs_s_88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 13th January 2013, 4:09 pm

I think the chemist was well out of line saying anything. I did use it, don't know if it works but didn't bruise. If you do want to use it, it's in boots and Its the higher dose tablets for internal bruising I was told, I think it was 30 maybe? Xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyD 13th January 2013, 5:14 pm

How rude! Anyway, I started taking Arnica 5 days before my op but on the second day I felt very sick....actually think I had a stomach bug, but thought it could've been because of the tablets so stopped taking them. I had the tiniest bit of bruising after surgery...so who knows...can't do any harm!
Bio oil and cocoa butter great for the skin! Good luck. X
JennyD
JennyD
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi73 13th January 2013, 5:35 pm

i got some Arnica before my surgery date but never used it as no one seemed to know if it was ok or not! As for the bio oil i used it before and after, still using it now, don't know if it really works as i have stretch marks from being pregnant but i havn't gained anymore! Arnica AND bio oil 727661855
suzi73
suzi73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 13th January 2013, 8:44 pm

My surgeon and nurse actually instructed me to take arnica. I knew bruise easily anyway from a previous op I had non boob related. So I took it as instructed. I had slight bruising but not much at all after my op. thing is, you don't know whether you would bruise or not with or without if you get what I mean lol
But my surgeon said to take it so I did
Xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandria18 13th January 2013, 8:50 pm

I took arnica about 5 days before my BA and for another 5 days or so after and didn't really bruise at all. Was it because of the arnica? I have no idea haha, but I figured if it could help my recovery, then why not! I didn't use any bio oil or palmers before the BA, but I do use it now. Although I am prone to breakouts and started getting breakouts on my chests because of it. Not very attractive! So now I just use it sparingly and massage my scars with it.
alexandria18
alexandria18
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2013, 9:35 pm

hi what a nasty person to say such a thing

I never used it my surgeon said not to take anything like that or vitamins before hand and i bruised lol but i bruise so so easily and it was only under my arms where they lifted me from bed to bed

I used the arnica gel now it is so fresh and cooling on my boobies thats all i use it for

im using bio oil and palmers bust firming cream

bio oil has taken my section scar almost completely away xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down