Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the truth about complications?

3 posters

Go down

the truth about complications? Empty the truth about complications?

Post by mimimax83 26th November 2012, 10:50 am

Hi all, not been here for a while but still really wanting my ba but I'm just finding it so hard to get a true picture of the likelihood of serious complications. I appriciate there are smaller complications that i may well have to accept for the greater good, some pain, scarring etc, but im talking about serious re-op/rupture complications.

The more I research the more it seems an awful lot of woman end up having further surgery the truth about complications? 62722
I mean am I being unrealistic expecting to have the op and then not having worry bout it all ever again?
xx
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

the truth about complications? Empty Re: the truth about complications?

Post by COOKIE 26th November 2012, 11:03 am

You're definitely being unrealistic hun.

When you have this surgery it's very likely it won't be your last one in relation to it.

Take a look at this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lovely. It explains that you should according to the FDA expect no more than 10 years from your implants. That's not to say they won't last for life. That is possible but the likelyhood of that is very slim indeed lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 26th November 2012, 11:09 am

Hi hun

Have you had any consultations yet? I saw 3 suregeons in total. The first didn't even mention the liklihood of complications (wasn't keen on him anyway!) but the other 2 I saw went through a list of possible complications, explaining each one in detail along with how likely they were to occur. I then had to sign to say I had read and understood each one xx

Most of us are told that we can expect our implants to last approx 10 years (could be more could be less) but I've sort of told myself that I will expect to have some sort of revision surgery within the next 10 years and if I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't then it will just be a bonus. At least this way, if something does happen, it wont be a complete shock to me xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 26th November 2012, 11:30 am

thanx ladies, ill take a look at the thread,thank you.
I dont mind the idea of having replacement implants after 10yrs or so, after all they are an investment! I had 2 consultations with James McDiarmid, he was fantastic and if I commit I would def want to go with him. We went through all poss complications. But I think after trawling the internet I have worked myself up to believe its more than likely they will rupture, cc, rotation etc. I know I have to accept there are risks, I guess I just want to feel it would be unfortunate if it were to happen, rather than likely to!xx
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 26th November 2012, 11:40 am

I know what you mean, it's all quite scary isn't it! Although I know further surgery is likely, I try not to think about it and just enjoy my new boobies

Sounds like you've found a good surgeon though so one less thing to worry about :) Who does he work for? Are you covered for ruptures and cc? My implants and surgery costs are covered for both ruptures and cc (although only the higher grades of cc) for 10 years so at least I've got that as a little piece of mind xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 26th November 2012, 11:49 am

yeah it is! Id go through MyBreast as they have a good aftercare package. You sound well covered with the 10 yrs, I know my Nagor implants have alifetime guarantee for ruptures but need to check my paperwork as im not sure if that covers surgery costs.And I think cc is covered for 5yrs. Im going for another consultation in Jan as its been a year since my last one. Im going to take a nice long list of questions for James, pick his brains!xx
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th November 2012, 12:13 pm

The implants warranty is separate from your aftercare. So a lifetime implant warranty will not cover surgery costs, it will just replace your implants alone for free.

It's your aftercare that will cover surgery costs if you were to be unlucky and to have a complication the clinic has listed.

For example a clinic offering a 10 year aftercare package with implants that have a lifetime warranty, if the implant were to rupture within the ten years you'd have implants and surgery costs covered. After the ten years you'd have to pay for all surgery costs yourself, only the implants would be replaced for free. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down