Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PIPs are staying....

+4
Shazcott
COOKIE
mrsball
Cat1985
8 posters

Go down

The PIPs are staying.... Empty The PIPs are staying....

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 6:54 pm

Today's consultation was an eye opener for me. The consultant was a lovely man, I instantly felt comfortable with him. He did a scan and he showed me that you could clearly see the shell of my implants were intact. He said he'd never seen a PIP implant with such a definite shell on a scan!
He explained that my implants would probably last another 15 years if I was happy to leave them be and to go away and think it through.
I have done nothing but think since I left that room and yes, I'd love to go bigger, but family were going to pay for this surgery. Surgery it seems I don't need!
So I have decided the PIPs are staying and I am going to save myself to have the surgery to go bigger. I feel a sense of relief so I know I have def made the right decision! Xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

The PIPs are staying.... Empty Re: The PIPs are staying....

Post by mrsball 9th November 2012, 7:15 pm

I personally havnt has pips so I couldn't really advise on them. But as long as you're happy with your decision then it's all good :) x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th November 2012, 7:33 pm

I'm glad you feel comfortable with your decision lovely...

Have to say, regardless of them being intact 'right now' or not I'd personally have them removed. The chances of them lasting another 15 years are extremely slim! good implants only have a general life span of ten years. Keeping them in would mean you needing to be rescanned every couple of years to check to see if they are intact waiting for the day you actually hear you have a rupture and then the concern of them leaking which they eventually will hun.

Sorry if I've spoken out of turn, but I'm sure you'd rather I were honest with my response. I wouldn't like the contents of those things in my body when they eventually rupture.

But it's your decision sweetness and if you're happy, then I'm happy for you babe. Xx

Last edited by cookie on 9th November 2012, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 7:52 pm

I know the lifetime of implants is unlikely to be that long. I don't plan to wait that long to have them replaced.
As they are intact now I just feel that waiting until I can pay myself rather than relying on family to pay is a better idea for me. I know I risk having a rupture as it could be like having a ticking time bomb inside me but I feel happier knowing that they are fine now and I can start saving and hopefully have them done in maybe a year or two when I can afford it.
I may spend that time researching surgeons and clinics and by then I may have some idea where I want it done lol. Xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th November 2012, 8:08 pm

You know we're always here for you babe if you need any help :thumbs: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 8:21 pm

Thank you cookie! This forum has been an absolute lifeline for me and I am sure a lot of others feel the same! It's been a stressful few weeks but I feel like a weight has been lifted. I can save and research. Use this forum as help and when I have the money myself have the op then xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 9th November 2012, 9:28 pm

Glad your feeling a lot happier cat xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 502

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 9:39 pm

Thanks hun xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 9th November 2012, 9:47 pm

Hope you'll still be posting on here had some good advice from you :thumbs: can understand you wanting to save yourself for your next op...bless ya! :thumbs: xx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 9:52 pm

Aww course I will! I love this forum!!
I want to get it right next time and feel this is what I need to do xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 9th November 2012, 9:57 pm

I can understand that cat, it must have been such a relief to have a positive outcome from your scan and put your mind at rest, at least you can plan your re op without rushing into anything and enjoy it a bit more if you know what I mean :thumbs: I love this forum too get withdrawal symptoms in the day when I'm at work and can't wait to get home and get logged on lol xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 9th November 2012, 10:02 pm

It was a relief to get a scan done and feel like I don't need to have my op right now. I can do things at my pace now. I feel more in control which is how I like things to be!
Haha, it does get a bit like that. Wanting to know if you've missed out on anything while you've been away xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 9th November 2012, 10:11 pm

Lol yup ya right I like to keep in the loop lol also only my partner and one friend knows so I don't have boobie talk with anyone else!! Yeah it's nice to be in control so pleased for you. Xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 9th November 2012, 10:12 pm

Cat I may too be speaking out of tern but I had my pips replaced in April and even though the shells were intact I had serious silicone bleed . I had been unwell for a few months and Me and my surgeon agreed it could have been the silicone in my system. I truly think it was and have felt perfectly fine since a couple of weeks after the replacement. Cookie is so so right, its not just the risk of rupture its what leaks out of them!!!I have my pips in a bag in my dining room and trust me you can tell by the awful yellow colour they are that they are not right But at the end of the day its down to you . I understand your need to pay for them yourself and I admire that but for me my health was too important to take a chance on them being just "ok" xxx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 10th November 2012, 9:08 am

I do totally understand what you are saying and my health is very important to me as its not always been the best. But this hasn't been because of the implants.
On my scan you can clearly see the gel, shell, muscle and breast tissue. There is no gel outside the shell.
I am not saying it won't happen and I'm not going to leave them for ages. Just long enough to save the money! I trust the consultant I saw yesterday and I take his word that I don't need them removed. I may be doing all this backwards but I am going to call the drs on Monday and go in and have a chat about it. Xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 10th November 2012, 9:20 am

Thats good to hear Cat. The surgeon who replaced my pips did a lot of research into pips and I believe he was at many meetings with health officials and he is convinced that pips are a very bad thing. But you are right to go with what you think is best for you. Good luck with it all hun and keep us posted.It would be a shame if you left the forum as you are not having your b a yet as I think your posts are always helpful and interesting Hug xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th November 2012, 10:08 am

I too think its a good idea speaking further on this lovely. It's all well and good that your implants are intact for now, but the integrity of the shell in PIPs has been proven to be likely to rupture, to have them removed whilst they're 'intact' would be far better for your body then to wait for the possibility of the contents to come in contact with your body after it ruptures babe which it can do at any time whilst you're saving. I personally think you're very lucky to be able to have them removed intact.

I always feel like the bringer of doom on this forum but the sake of your health, especially as you say that your health hasn't always been the best. If your not at your healthiest your immune system makes you more vulnerable to whatever it is inside that shell babe.

Of course whatever you decide will be greatly respected here and I too hope you stay also Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 10th November 2012, 10:14 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't think PIPs are a good thing. Just don't think now is the right time for me to have them replaced!
Thanks hun. I won't be leaving the forum, I love it hear. I think everyone is lovely and have learnt a lot myself!
Hopefully it won't be too long before I can have my BA xxx

Cookie I don't feel you bring bad news at all. I understand what you are saying and I will take my scan pics to the drs and talk it through with her. (Something I have never done) but my health is very important and I want to make sure I am making the right decision.
The one thing I have learnt from here is to research research research. So I am going to, starting with my drs visit. Xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th November 2012, 10:29 am

:thumbs: glad you're staying Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 10th November 2012, 11:37 am

I am glad you are staying too Hug xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by manxie 15th November 2012, 3:44 pm

Mine were intact too when they were taken out on monday. They were surprised as they are 10 years old and in pretty good condition but there may have been something wrong at some point due to the capsule not being present just a slippery substance around it. I thought about leaving it another year but thankfully I could borrow the money from the bank to do it. I can understand not wanting to rely on other people for the money though. Hopefully yours are as strong as mine where and last a while longer. xxxx
manxie
manxie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 16th November 2012, 1:22 pm

My PIP's were 100% intact too, as shown on a scan, but I got them replaced asap. My aunty paid for mine as I didn't have the money after only forking out 4k for my first op 4 years ago, it's too risky in case they rupture in my opinion, I wouldn't want mattress filler going around my body and getting stuck in my lymph nodes tbh :/
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th November 2012, 1:31 pm

Aw hun, it must be an awful decision for you to have to make and I can totally understand you want to keep them while you save for the replacement yourself rather than rely on family.

One thing I will add is that although the shell is intact the gel can still bleed through the shell. So if you have any swelling or fluid around the implant, I'd go have them out asap. When/if that happens.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down