Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uneven sized boobies

3 posters

Go down

uneven sized boobies Empty uneven sized boobies

Post by pinkbev 25th September 2012, 9:15 am

hi

I am 11 days post op. I had asymetrical boobies with sagging. pre-op my right booby was bigger so surgeon did a slight reduction in that one then put 315g cohesive gel implants in both. I also had an uplift with lollypop style. had my bandages taken off yesterday and the right booby is soooo much smaller than the left, soo disapointed and upset. yes the uplift is amazing and nipples are almost exact same height but even looking down at them the right is so obviously smaller. I know that its early days and they will settle? but the right wont grow!! any ideas peeps? I also need to get fitted for a bra and have worries they will tell me its impossible to get a supportive bra with lobsided boobys x
pinkbev
pinkbev
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

uneven sized boobies Empty Re: uneven sized boobies

Post by COOKIE 25th September 2012, 9:38 am

Did you mention the asymmetry when you had your dressings changed Bev?

It's not unusual at all for your boobs to look this way so early post-op Bev, infact, it's very common. I personally wouldn't worry at this stage in your recovery sweetheart. You really will be surprised at the changes you have ahead of you.

I know how hard it is though when you're looking down and your brain just can't take in that they're going to look so different than now. But honestly Bev, you have 'months' of healing ahead of you before you even start to see the result you'll have. What you have now is not what your final result.

If you're very upset though Bev and you do seem to be hun Hug I'd call your clinic and request you speak to your surgeon. Don't worry about requesting to see him ahead of your appointment, you paid a lot of money for aftercare so if you are overly concerned that's what it's there for.

When you see your surgeon and discuss your issues do ensure your concerns are written by him in your notes. This is VERY important Bev, I'm not saying things won't even out, chances are they will, but if they don't and you later require revision it's these notes that will be referred back to to see what's been said about your boobs and what is said will be used to make a decision on whether or not you can have a free re-op. So you can see how important it is to ensure your surgeon writes your concerns down for you.

Sending big hugs to you Bev. I'm glad you found us lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbev 25th September 2012, 10:43 am

Hi and thank you cookie for your speedy reply xx i did say twice to my surgeon last night when the dressings were taken off that i was worried the right one was a lot smaller. He said its early days, and it was a more complicated op than predicted and took longer too. he did say that it may be that the sizing has gone slightly the other way as it was a lot bigger before the op. I am seeing him again in 4 weeks. I will deffo say again if they are still really different. Thing is I dont really mind a slight asymetry but when it is so noticible atm with a t shirt on thats worrying. Anyway sorry for the novel!! and thank you again for the reassurance - He said i have to get a bra that will mould them and suggested a wonderbra. not a sports bra which could compress them this early on. so off to the shops when the roads are reopened lol x
pinkbev
pinkbev
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th September 2012, 10:53 am

It's good that your surgeon has recognised the possibility that this could need to be reviewed later...It's the first time I've ever heard of someone having had a mastectomy being put into wores straight away so I'd be really interested to follow your progress if you wouldn't mind sharing as you heal?

Did you have a breast crease incision? (underneath your boob)

The only reason I ask is because if you did you might find the wires of the wonderbra a little sore babe, so if you do find it uncomfortable, a panty liner or sanitary towel sticky side against the bra acts as a cushion between your incisions and the harshness of the wire against them.

You may also want to pick up some breast feeding pads whilst you're out today too babe. As you probably know wonderbras aren't the most comfortable even with normal breasts before surgery, so after with stitches around the areola and down the breast the material can feel quite abrasive, so these will help act as a cushion between your skin and bra material.

Hope the bra helps Bev and please stick around and keep us updated sweetheart. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 25th September 2012, 12:21 pm

Unusual to suggest a wonderbra at this stage... I too had a lollipop lift and implants and I had one boob bigger than the other. My surgeon like yours had took extra tissue away from the larger breast which is my left. I am 6 days post op and my left is still slightly bigger than the right but its barely noticable and my surgeon said this is to be expected as its more swollen due to it having more trauma than the right. Hopefully things will settle butas Cookie said keep on top of it with your surgeon and dont let it go.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbev 26th September 2012, 2:56 pm

Hi Cookie and 5stonedown

Yes i had an under breast incision on both wth lollipop incisions round the areolas. Nipples tbh look fab lol better than before! Went to John Lewis and got fitted for a sports bra and a wonderbra. They said my surgeon likes to go into a wonderbra earlier to mould the shape of the implant early on and the sports bra is for comfort between if the wire rubs or feels uncomfortable. I had to go back to the clinic after shopping as the wound under the breast on left was oozing a little and needed a wee dressing on. the nurse said the wonderbra was a good fit and should push the implants into a nicer shape so I guess thats what i will do. Funnily enough both boobies seem to fit nicely in the bra despite the right seeming to be much smaller! weird - but i understand early days. Thanks so much for every ones comments they are really helpful and reassuring at this stage i am so grateful to talk to people who have been there too xx
pinkbev
pinkbev
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th September 2012, 4:58 pm

A little oozing is normal lovely as I'm sure your nurse would have told told you. Hopefully that will resolve itself soon.

This really is the first time we've ever heard of anyone having to wear a push-up bra to hold the shape, so it's great you're here Bev and I look forward to reading how you progress.

Do you just go back at 6 weeks now for your next check up? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down