Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 days to go and I may be risking a job.....

+5
lau1982
Lian
misf1
cazalino
5stonedown
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... Empty 28 days to go and I may be risking a job.....

Post by 5stonedown 22nd August 2012, 10:52 am

I have 28 days till my surgery!! I am so excited/nervous but happy its finally happening as I have wanted/needed this for so long. I am qualifying as a midwife next week and the reason I booked my surgery for September is that I know it will take a few weeks for my registration etc to come through so I will definately be out of work for a month giving me the perfect opportunity to recover without **naughty word** off work. Anyway it turns out the hospital where I have trained are announcing their position in the next couple of weeks which is a nightmare cos a) I might be dopped up on drugs and in hospital when then are posted and miss the application time (jobs dont stay posted for long) or b) the interview will be when I am having my surgery or still in the very early recovery days!! I am panicking now cos having this op could cost me a job which I really need but I cant cancel now as I'd be devastated!! I know nobody can really help me but I just needed to rant!!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... Empty Re: 28 days to go and I may be risking a job.....

Post by cazalino 22nd August 2012, 11:24 am

Aww hun congratulations on qualifying as a midwife. Don't panic. The only day your really drugged up and out of it is the day you come round from surgery. I'm sure if jobs are posted you will still be able to apply. As for the interview you can get someone to drive you there and when you walk in just apologise if you seem a little cautious but you are recovering from an operation. I'm sure everything will work out but dont panic xxx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... Empty Re: 28 days to go and I may be risking a job.....

Post by 5stonedown 22nd August 2012, 3:50 pm

Thanks cazalino xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd August 2012, 4:09 pm

I agree there will be no reason why you won't be able to apply and attend an interview.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 22nd August 2012, 4:40 pm

Took the words out of my mouth cazalino!!... I second that advice

Congrats on qualifying as a midwife, what an exciting year your having x x x
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 22nd August 2012, 9:41 pm

Both exciting and scary!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 23rd August 2012, 8:13 am

All the best things have an element of scariness... your stepping outside your comfort zone, what a dull life it would be if we all stayed within it... This is a year that will give you many fond memories x x x
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 23rd August 2012, 9:19 am

Thanks Lian. You are right, I wouldnt want to stay where I am right now and I look forward to feeling comfortable in my own skin again.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 23rd August 2012, 1:39 pm

You'll knock em dead! X
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lau1982 23rd August 2012, 1:43 pm

wow congratulations on becoming a midwife hun, im sure if its meant to be it will all fall into place in terms of job posting dates / interview dates. will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you xx28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... 184153 xx
lau1982
lau1982
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 23rd August 2012, 3:09 pm

Thank you xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SenoritaD 26th August 2012, 9:45 am

Im in almost the excatly same position!!!!!

Im just qualifing as a paramedic from university and my interviews are all in september/ october all around the country however i have to do a fitness test for mine ... lifting large weights, running ect! my surgery is booked for sept because like you i knew this would be my only oppertunity!!

For me i think im going to stick with my sept date because if i don't do it now i never will be able to, and just apply for jobs in october ... such a massive risk.

For you if you have to apply via NHS JOBS then you can already pre fill out your key information so that when your job comes up, all the hard work is done! So you could literally just press send! But as far as the interviews im not too sure what would be the best option? If it's just a comptency based interview 2 weeks post op would be more then enough time perhaps depending on healing time a week post op you would be ok however, if you have to demonstrate anything physically then 3 weeks ... also if you get the job (fingers crossed) would you require manual handling training, brakeaway training ect? as that's physically demanding!!

Sorry to ramble on but it's so comforting i didn't think i would find any one else in a simular position!!
All the best with your surgery and job interviews!!! xxx
SenoritaD
SenoritaD
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 3rd September 2012, 3:34 pm

Well the jobs have been posted and I have applied so hopefully if I get one the interview date wont be too close to my surgery.....
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 3rd September 2012, 3:37 pm

Fingers crossed for you hun x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th September 2012, 12:58 pm

Well i got invited for an interview.... 1 week post op!!! Do you think I will be well enough to go??
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th September 2012, 1:05 pm

Ooooo difficult to say hun. For some ladies they're up and about as normal by a week post-op, for others they're still in quite a bit if discomfort and hunched over still...

I'd make the appointment and just see how you feel on the day.. you might feel great, but if your just don't feel up to it, unfortunately you'll just have to cancel, but definately keep the option open babe and GOOD LUCK! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 6th September 2012, 2:55 pm

Personally I would have been fine at that point, but we're all different.

You could always excuse yourself at the beginning if you seem a little obviously in discomfort. I know if I was interviewing you and you came in when you were in discomfort after an operation i would see it as a sign of commitment and enthusiasm for the job
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th September 2012, 3:00 pm

I contacted the interviewers in the end and they are interviewing me 2 days before my op which is great news!! 28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... 899188
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy me 6th September 2012, 3:05 pm

Aw excellent news, good luck xx
Mummy me
Mummy me
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 6th September 2012, 3:05 pm

Good luck hun28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... 1150991001
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th September 2012, 3:06 pm

Thanks guys!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th September 2012, 3:42 pm

Fab news - lots of luck hun 28 days to go and I may be risking a job..... 1150991001 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lau1982 6th September 2012, 6:58 pm

briliant news! good luck hun xx
lau1982
lau1982
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 17th September 2012, 4:45 pm

Had my interview today... it seemed to go well. Now I can just concerntrate on my boobie day in 2 days time!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 17th September 2012, 4:55 pm

Good to hear x and boobies in 2 days!!! Life is good x
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next