Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settling in...

+8
AmyCN
Loobs
lx79
MrsH
misf1
geordiejen
bouncyDD
xls74
12 posters

Go down

Settling in... Empty Settling in...

Post by xls74 21st July 2012, 4:29 pm

Hi girlies

So I'm two weeks and 3 days in and I'm ex-static with the results and know it can take about six weeks for them to settle....The stitches came out last Wednesday however My right side seems to have dropped and settled more than the left. Is this normal, also its a slightly different shape (more rounded at the bottom). I assume this is normal but would just like a bit of reassurance

L x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Settling in... Empty Re: Settling in...

Post by bouncyDD 21st July 2012, 4:51 pm

Happy for you that they are settling nicely Settling in... 154564

I dont know about the changes yet, as I have not had mine done yet, but have heard they heal at different rates, and am sure someone will be along to help you out soon enough!

xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 24th July 2012, 6:19 pm

From what ive read too they go at different rates, think of each boob as a seperate operation! Sounds like many people have the same thing so I imagine its completely normal, hope you're still feeling great! x
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th July 2012, 6:27 pm

I wouldn't expect them to settle in 6 weeks hun, they may take a lot longer. It can take a full year to see the full result. You should see they change a lot by 6 months.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsH 24th July 2012, 6:32 pm

I know nothing about boobs since i still haven't got any but i'm glad you're loving your new additions
xxx

Last edited by MrsH on 24th July 2012, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled)
MrsH
MrsH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by lx79 24th July 2012, 7:22 pm

Hi xls, i'm three weeks and I'm experiencing the same thing. Righty is a bit lower and fuller than than the left which is higher and a bit firmer. There isn't a massive difference but enough for me to notice! From what I gather its pretty normal for them to be different then even out.

Seriously can't wait to get out of these sports bras and wearing nice summer tops and dresses!! xx
lx79
lx79
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 25th July 2012, 5:56 am

Thanks girls.

The difference is minimal but yes it enough for me to notice. Your advice has been reassuring. The support bras are a pain and not the most comfortable on the scars so im really looking forward to getting out of them...just in time to get into my bikini :0) xx
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th July 2012, 2:24 pm

Hiya,

Yeah It is normal. My left dropped faster than my right and they are about even-ish now but one was slightly asymmetrical before so thats slightly apparent now, but only if you know what to look for.

Im still in a sports bra though, at my surgeons request. 3 months wearing sports bras. x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th July 2012, 2:26 pm

Also, to second what Misf1 has said, at 6 weeks they will have changed, but they wont be the end product. So try and be patient in your recovery, i know its difficult, believe me! xxSettling in... 2661777810

Last edited by Loobs on 25th July 2012, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 25th July 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks Loobs. I love them now and Im wondering if theyre going to drop much x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th July 2012, 3:10 pm

Well i think i was around 10 weeks in my pic and you can see the right looks a tad higher....still is higher but has dropped considerably since then. There is a high possibility they will but they will look great, probably even better when they drop some more! xx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 25th July 2012, 3:16 pm

Fab, thanks for that. Im assuming I can start to use Bio oil from 6 weeks too. Any ideas? x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th July 2012, 3:22 pm

You will have to ask your nurse or surgeon about that one, I started using it the 2nd week of this month when all the wounds were healed and the nurse gave me the nod xx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 25th July 2012, 3:32 pm

Great Thanks. Back to see Mr Mounir on 28 Aug so will wait until then just to be on the safe side. xx
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyCN 29th July 2012, 5:59 pm

One of the most helpful things a friend who has had 3 ba's now said, was that it takes a full year for all the swelling and dropping/adjustments/settling in to finish. That's why a lot of women get another boob job as they've been accustomed to a certain amount of swelling being their real size and are often surprised when they end up smaller after a year. I thought that was an interesting point!
I have no experience as I am waiting for my consultation with Mr Withey (my breast) on the 9th of august. But really can't wait to see what he says and ask him q's until he's lost the will to speak.LOL! xxx
AmyCN
AmyCN
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 15th August 2012, 2:29 pm

HI girls. My appointment has now changed from 28 Aug to October. My concerns is that whilst they seems to be settling, theyre gettng lower and im starting to panic about how much lower they will actually get. And whats this bottoming out? is that when they drop really low? Im sure they were high profile, would this not have made a difference? Im stuck to all the rules of sports bras etc, I really dont want them to go any lower and know they can take a year to fully settle? panic xxx
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 15th August 2012, 7:44 pm

Hi xls im 2 weeks and 2 days post op now and had my dressings off last thurs at Abbey Pibes :D my boobs are healing a diff rates and have been different since the beginning. It's my righty that seems most stubborn while my left boob is recovering like a dream! From what ive read it's very normal
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 15th August 2012, 7:58 pm

If you put dropping and fluffing in the search button top right you should come across a diagram that shows you exactly what happens when your boobs drop !xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Settling in... Empty dropping/fluffing/bottoming out

Post by WholeNewMe 17th August 2012, 11:13 am

xls74 wrote:HI girls. My appointment has now changed from 28 Aug to October. My concerns is that whilst they seems to be settling, theyre gettng lower and im starting to panic about how much lower they will actually get. And whats this bottoming out? is that when they drop really low? Im sure they were high profile, would this not have made a difference? Im stuck to all the rules of sports bras etc, I really dont want them to go any lower and know they can take a year to fully settle? panic xxx

Hi lovely - i found this diagram helpful from Cookie - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am only a week post-op so new too and intrigued to see how they might look - having wanted a natural look, i do LOVE how high mine are too so hoping they don't drop too much - maybe I'll stay in the shexay post-op bra forever as it does keep the girls looking perky! however, i do burlesque in my spare time, so don't think my current page 3 look is quiiiiite right for the burlesque scene!

Hope you love your transition - I'll be interested to follow your progress as you are ahead of me

xx
WholeNewMe
WholeNewMe
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 2nd October 2012, 7:36 pm

Hi, its a while since Ive been on. Ive been on holiday and can honestly say I managed fine :0). I still havnt seen the consultant since my op beleieve it or not. I keep getting letter and letter changing my appointment so Ive not seen him since op date on 4 July. However all seems well so there seems no reason to push the issue, its now set for Nov 5th. They still seem to be dropping, and really hope they dont get any lower, otherwise I might start to panic a bit x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 2nd October 2012, 7:40 pm

PS thats a great link, thats exactly like mine x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd October 2012, 9:21 pm

Hi hun hope your holiday was fab! I just had ba and uplift 13 days ago. Do u have any pics that I could see just to get an idea of the healing process. I have a picture trail myself and dont mind sharing my pics in return!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 2nd October 2012, 9:27 pm

I do hunni. I have a whole file of them :-) although Im not sure how to share them. I dont mind sharing them at all x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd October 2012, 9:34 pm

I have an account on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you upload your pics in a secure album and password protect the album and then you share your password with the people that you are happy to see!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by xls74 2nd October 2012, 9:41 pm

Great Thanks. I will upload them tomorrow and get back to you :0) x
xls74
xls74
Newbie BJSF Member