Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinics only offering anchor lift??

4 posters

Go down

Clinics only offering anchor lift?? Empty Clinics only offering anchor lift??

Post by Lian 4th July 2012, 11:58 am

Been to see transform today and pc spoke about the possibility of needing an uplift. I read a post on this form about uplifts and the different grades of (there is an official term but I'm going to call it...) sagging. Now, I did the little ruler test and my nipple was slightly above the ruler, so I'd thought either I would need a lift or I'd need a creasent lift as worst case scenarios it was only grade 1 sagging (sorry for keep saying that).

Now the pc says that transform 'generally only do anchor lifts'. Not only does it seem excessive to cut off bits of my body unneccessarily and stick it back together but I will also have to pay them an extra £2000 for it!!

This seems very wrong to me and I have come away quite disillusioned with the company (that wasn't the only issue but I will save that for another post).

Does anyone have any experience or information they could give so I am clearer about whether this sounds correct or not?
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Clinics only offering anchor lift?? Empty Re: Clinics only offering anchor lift??

Post by Lian 4th July 2012, 12:01 pm

Amendments to above...

'read a post on this form' = Forum

'so I'd thought either I would need a lift' = wouldn't need a lift
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Clinics only offering anchor lift?? Empty Re: Clinics only offering anchor lift??

Post by Wishful 4th July 2012, 2:23 pm

I went to see Mr Alvi (resident surgeon on here) and Je is reconstructive, BAAPS etc and I was borderline needing an uplift (possibly like yourself)
He was the second reconstructive surgeon I saw and they both suggested a standard BA, no uplift but to make the crease of the breast lower. I went with Mr Alvi as ur explained everything really thoroughly and drew all over me! Ha but he gave me the option of standard BA or full anchor lift only. Like yourself I was disappointed that was then only lift suggested but he explained the results with donut and crescent lifts, and that was a perfect justification for me.
I'd recommend asking Mr Alvi about this on here as I'd probably do a rubbish job!
I've only just had my op today and my nipple looks loads higher with what he's done, and the implants are say really high ATM like they usually so so soon post op, so I'm
Very happy with my decision as once I've D&F I reckon they'll be near enough central, with no uplift scars!! X
Good luck hunni and let me know how you get on!
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:32 pm

Don't listen to patient co-ordinators babe, they have no medical training whatsoever, if a surgeon is capable of doing a full anchor uplift, he's more than capablt of nipple lifts/lollipop lifts!

If you want a consultation from Transform bypass the co-ordinator and speak with the surgeon hun. They're the ones who will be able to tell you what you need hun and if a full anchor uplift isn't necessary, then request a less invasive surgery to get the look you want hun. They're experienced in this field so they'll know exactly what you're talking about.... unlike the patient co-ordinators. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 4th July 2012, 2:45 pm

Thanks cookie, that's made me feel better. She also mentioned if my nip was more than 23cms away from the hollow in my collar bone I would need a lift, it's only 20cm so more confident I won't need one now. She really freaked me out! She made a lot of assumptions and based the consult around that. so much so that I've now rang MYA too and I'm seeing them on Saturday. Needed to do it really anyway to legitimise the price war I'm hoping to wage :)
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 4th July 2012, 2:50 pm

Thanks wishful, glad all has gone well for you x I'll do as you both say and not let the pc freak me out. It's the surgeons who know best (she also dismissed my request for the surgeon I wanted, though I've rang her and said I want an appointment with him as well as the other she made an appointment with.... Which reminds me she still hasn't rang back... ) so I'll wait to be freaked till I've spoke with them ;) x
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:52 pm

Oh yes Lian, you should definately see more than one surgeon, not so much for the costing though, more so to get the best surgeon, surgery plan and after care for yourself babe.

Patient co-ordinators have no business giving you a medical consultation and advising you on what surgery you need babe, they're there to help sell you a product sweetheart, keep you happy as a pre-op 'client' and keep the peace as the middle man should you have any problems. Do only take any medical advice from surgeons only babe, afterall, their advice as well as the surgery is what you're going to be paying for isn't it. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 4th July 2012, 8:00 pm

I wouldn't listen to the PC either xx Wait till you have seen the PS YOU want to see xx and if you want to see a particular PS then I would insist on seeing them xx

Don't be put of by an anchor lift hun, I had a lollipop lift initially and it was totally wrong for me and I have suffered the consequences xx Had I been given the right advice and treatment from the start I may have been saved a lot of trauma and stress xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 4th July 2012, 8:33 pm

Thanks ladies. I've got the surgeon I wanted now (I had to ring Transform directly after more failed phone calls with the PC and they bypassed her and booked me in directly) and I will keep an open mind. I'm preying I just don't need an uplift at all as have not budgeted for another £2000 on top of the BA costs
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down