Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre opers what is it that worries you the most?

+16
letfreedomsing
Littlemissheartthrob
Mssaprl9
xaxa
MozElle83
chocolatemonster
2nd time lucky
Kxx
Pussycat
luluthefirst
*Alice*
Wishful
bouncyDD
COOKIE
Minnie92x
misf1
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? Empty Pre opers what is it that worries you the most?

Post by misf1 4th June 2012, 4:52 pm

Just thought it may be useful if you put a fear or two down and the post opers should be able to help or try to put your mind at rest. Don't forget we also have an ask the surgeon section

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? Empty Re: Pre opers what is it that worries you the most?

Post by Minnie92x 4th June 2012, 6:24 pm

When I was pre op I worried about the pain... and the thought of lying there on the surgery table about to be put to sleep ( as i've never had an operation before :( )
Minnie92x
Minnie92x
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? Empty Re: Pre opers what is it that worries you the most?

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2012, 6:32 pm

The GA was my main concern as a pre-opper. I even balled all the way to theatre like a big baby, holding the nurses hand as she guided me to theatre... Ohhhhh the shame!!!

Dunno why I worried though, I layed there, blinked and woke up to new boobies!!! it was that quick!... well, it felt that way, it really was done in the blink of an eye!!! haha. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th June 2012, 6:36 pm

I will say I was really scared about the pain and the GA, neither of which I had much experience of. I had a lot more pain when I tore the ligament in my ankle, and I walked half a mile on that lol. The GA is now my fav part, it's just so quick and easy. I love it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 4th June 2012, 6:37 pm

Aftercare OR the company going bust lol

( I know I shouldnt worry about it that much, if I do I will probably never get it done Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? 773440 and cant wait to go ahead )

But the reason I think is that I have seen 4 surgeons so far, either not happy with what they offered, B-a-a-ps registered offered smaller implants, and then Private company surgeons offered me larger implants yay!!
But they could go bust at some point and my aftercare will be void Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? 2829330259
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th June 2012, 6:49 pm

I would think the larger companies will be here for quite some time. I think aftercare is a worry for us all. I am now without any aftercare, mine has run out and I am completely on my own. I have a boobie savings fund (not quite enough in there yet for another BA) but if you say £50 a month over about 3 years, you should have enough for another op, should you need it, which eventually you will.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 4th June 2012, 7:33 pm

Not being happy with the results, and the surgeon disagreeing there's a problem leaving me to pay for a re-op, that's definitely my biggest concern. X
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2012, 7:39 pm

This is why you have to stress what you want from your surgery and ensure that what you want is realistic and agreeable with your surgeon, then that EVERYTHING you've agreed on is written in your notes Wishful. Note all the things your surgeon may not think will be possible also as these are the things you wont be able to act on should they not be to your liking post-op. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 4th June 2012, 9:16 pm

I agree WISHFUL

Definately going to take pics in next appointment, hopefully this is the surgeon I am happy with (been to 4 already...) lol

Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? 48411
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 4th June 2012, 9:29 pm

I agree with what Cookie said, there's times I wish I really laid it on thick what I wanted instead of just going with the flow to avoid being a nightmare patient. As much as I'm happy with my boobs - I got EXACTLY what I asked for - I do wish I'd discussed the possibility of bigger implants! I tried them on in Jan and had my op in April, so in that time my perception/memory had changed... I wish I'd just gone back to make sure and maybe get the biggest I could fit!

My biggest and really only worry as a pre opper (and perhaps why I didn't fuss so much) was that I would be refused for the op! I had recently found a cyst in my breast, had an ultrasound and everything was fine. But I expected him to cut me open and say it wasn't a cyst and I couldn't have implants. Silly looking back as I'd paid for it and got the go ahead, letter from hospital etc, just didn't believe it until I woke up!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 4th June 2012, 10:12 pm

I was worried that they would look really obviously fake/ silly massive/ football like.
But they don;t! i love them!
x
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 4th June 2012, 10:52 pm

My biggest fear was that I was gonna bottle it at the last minute! I really didn't think I had the courage to go through with it as it seemed like such a massive unreal thing I was doing. When I had to voluntarily put myself on the operating table... Oh **naughty word**!!

Really though, I woke up and thought "I was worried about this?!"
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 5th June 2012, 8:48 am

Pussycat wrote:When I had to voluntarily put myself on the operating table... Oh **naughty word**!!

This is SUCH a bizarre thing voluntarily getting onto an operating table when there's nothing wrong with you... Not that there was anything wrong with it (don't want to scare pre oppers) it was just strange!!

I still wish I could do it again, atleast I'll be excited for future reops Hysterical X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 5th June 2012, 9:02 am

I know! It was really surreal! Everyone was all busy and fussing about and after what felt like 30 seconds later, I was waking up and I'd done it!
Such a lovely experience, you don't realise at the time!!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 5th June 2012, 9:42 am

Im the most frightened of getting BC and not knowing about it because of the impalnts:(

I know to be honest that the chances are exactly the same with or without implants.

I worry that after having BA it will somehow kick start the BC thing which i know is compleatly stupid and not going to happen.

I worry that im putting the kids at risk because of all of this pre-made-up idea if you get me.

Dont get me wrong the more ive researched it i know these stupid ideas are just that.. rubbish and im feeling better about it bt thats my fear i surpose with or without implants!

Sorry for the spouting alot of crap!! lol

I also dont want to go into work after looking like Dolly Parton!!! he he he, the frankenboob thing worrys me a little :)
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 5th June 2012, 10:14 am

I dont think you are spouting alot of crap hun!! A fear is a fear no matter what anyone else thinks. I am sure we all worry about BC but the old saying of we could get run over by a bus tomorrow is so true ! Enjoy whats coming up and just how happy your new boobies will make you and when you are happy those around you tend to be happy too ! xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 5th June 2012, 10:38 am

My fears at the moment are the GA as never had one before, waking up feeling horribly sick and being sick all over the place, having boobs that look horrendous and that's about it really...I keep having dreams about the surgery going wrong. I've even had a dream where I came out of my own body like some kind of spirit and I was looking at myself whilst he was doing the op saying no that implant is too small then he changed it and I agreed that it looked better ha ha. Blush xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 5th June 2012, 10:46 am

Aw lady V the pre op dreams are always really... Interesting!
You'll be fine about the sickness thing as long as you stress it to your anaesthetist when he comes to see you before your op and it'll go on your notes. I know some people are sometimes a bit poorly but most are not. I wasn't! It just felt so groggy, which was nice.
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 5th June 2012, 10:51 am

Tell me about it they are very strange lol. Thanks pussycat I will definitely stress it to them :thumbs: xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 5th June 2012, 10:53 am

I loved the G A Hysterical I have had quite a few and dont know why but this last one was the best ! Its such a lovely warm fuzzy feeling and I am sure lots of us talk about a load of nonsense when we wake up ! My male friend is a recovery nurse and he said he should write a book about what people say but patient confidentiality prevents this lol xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 5th June 2012, 11:01 am

When I had my op it was not long after the PIPs scandal hit the news and so was worried about the company going bust and having no aftercare. I was also a bit concerned about HMG's stance on the whole thing and if I had to do it all again probably wouldn't go with them, although actually can't fault their treatment and surgeons so far. Misf1's advice about starting a boobie fund took away those concerns.

I was also worried that I'd completely lose my fitness and go a bit wobbly (not to mention stir crazy) but thankfully didn't. I think my body needed the break.

I loved the GA too. I was actually looking forward to that part Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? 2238686527
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 5th June 2012, 11:06 am

My biggest fear was the canula and the pain post op, as this was my first operation of my life. The canula was a piece of cake and the pain was nothing as expected. Everything hurt except the boobs Pre opers what is it that worries you the most? 199385
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by Mssaprl9 6th June 2012, 3:11 am

I am so scared about going under anesthesia and how will I feel when I wake up and the days to come! And how my boobs will look...hehehe
Mssaprl9
Mssaprl9
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlemissheartthrob 6th June 2012, 6:50 am

I am most scared of the canula, have had them a few times the last being when I had my csection and I cry everytime :-( also when I have wake I usually cry or scream and shout at everyone. Have been put under a few times for various things and it happens everytime lol xx
Littlemissheartthrob
Littlemissheartthrob
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 6th June 2012, 9:25 am

Littlemissheartthrob wrote:also when I have wake I usually cry or scream and shout at everyone. Have been put under a few times for various things and it happens everytime lol xx

haha awww that's hilarious!! You'll have to warn everyone before you go under Hysterical what do you shout? lol

I'm scared of:

- Mr Traynor not doing the op and being cancelled on again in which case I will just jump off a bridge screaming
- GA, never had it before and think I might not be properly asleep and be able to feel what's happening but not move... ridiculous I know
- frankenboob!!
- being able to do things at work.. I dont want to tell them what Ive had done, and it's a brand new job
- my dad finding out and going ape and absolutely hell on in the household
- waking up after the op and being sick. I had the worst sickness a few weeks ago and I dont wish to relive it

Think that's about it really! nothing to worry about :doh:
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next