Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-op worries

+6
littlewellies
misf1
Lisa34
2nd time lucky
Nicole
Mrs_B_24
10 posters

Go down

Re-op worries Empty Re-op worries

Post by Mrs_B_24 7th May 2013, 8:37 pm

Hi,

Been reading a few posts and have seen quite a few people saying they are having a re-op or have had them to correct their boobs because they've not been happy after a few months, this has worried me a bit because I only want to go through one op if pos and I'm scared that the surgeons mustn't be understating completely what people want exactly if so many are having to have re-ops. What can I do to try and achieve exactley what I want, I don't have the money to have two ops and I'm not brave enough to go through it twice in such a small amount of time. I know I'm just talking about "what if" but I what to be completely prepared for May next year. Any advice would be great. Thanks x
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 531

Back to top Go down

Re-op worries Empty Re: Re-op worries

Post by Nicole 7th May 2013, 8:44 pm

hey hun. the thing with this forum is it's a support forum, most of the girls on here are pre op, early post op, or those seeking a revision. there are many, many girls who have a BA and are perfectly fine who after a few weeks don't log on anymore as they no longer require the support offered on here. It's the same with any type of online forum xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 7th May 2013, 8:48 pm

although saying that, you say you "only want to go through it once" and are "too scared to go through it twice" ... whilst none of us want a complication, the fact of the matter is these things do happen. Sometimes its a fault of the surgeon, but other times it's just 'one of those things that can happen' but you need to fully understand the risks of the procedure you are signing up for and that complications can and do happen and you could be one of them. Sorry hun, I don't mean to scare you and i stand by what i said before about there seemingly being a high number of re-ops on here because the girls who are fine have left but we just need to be 100% prepared for any eventuality when going through sometime like this Re-op worries 571992
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 7th May 2013, 8:53 pm

Hi hun, you say you only want one op but have you thought about the fact that most girls have to have implants changed every 10/15 years? If you are only young when you first have them done you will, at some stage have to have them changed. I am 52 so will probably get away with not having it done again unless there are complications. There are some advantages to being old ! xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 7th May 2013, 8:55 pm

As newboobz said a re op isn't something any of us want to go through, but it is a risk we have been prepared to take! I don't want a re op within the next ten years, but if I have complications of course I will have a re op! If I don't then I know that at some point in the next 10-15 years I'm going to have to. It's just something we all come to terms with before we have our ba's hun. Also as newboobz said a lot of girls are here for a few weeks pre op and a few weeks post op and then go on to be happy with their boobs. Some of us stick around because we love the site, and have made some very good friends here xx but should any complications arise, they can all be dealt with hun xx it is a support forum, and I know if I ever needed a re op, the first place I would go is bjsf x x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 7th May 2013, 9:10 pm

A re op will usually be done because of a complication, this may be because of one not dropping into place, bottoming out, infections, CC etc. Yes you will see quite a few people on a support forum for a re op, but this is usually because those who are happy and have no problems really don't need a support forum anymore. There is usually people who are pre op and worried and needing support, those early post op who are worried about the changes their boobs go through in the early days. Those who want to help and support others and then those who are happy gradually drift away, popping on occassionally.
With any surgery you are going to have to consider that sometimes things may not go according to plan and complications can occur.
I have to admit that a lot of people aren't happy in the first few months but this is usaully to do with the stages of healing rather than they haven't got what they wanted. In the first 6 months your boobs can go through a lot of stages including odd looking, firm, triangular looking pointy cone boobs. All this is normal and although we try to prepare everyone for a long healing process, when it's actually happening to you, it is hard to deal with. It can be a real roller coaster of emotions. I know before my BA I research the hell out of the op, but I didn't know very much about what comes after, I thought after 6 weeks they'd be pretty much done. This was not the case for me and it took well over 6 months for them to look normal.
In the case of surgery I'd always make sure you know and understand all the risks, weigh these up and see if the end result (new boobies) is worth the risks. If so then you know you are ready. Many of the lovely ladies who have had complications, although upset at the time, once everything is done they love their new boobs.
The key to getting what you want is research, then more research and when you think you understand it all, research some more.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 7th May 2013, 9:52 pm

I jokingly gave always said I'd do it again tomorrow. I might have to now so be careful what u wish for, but honest it was a doddle, im happy to do it again, if u get a complication u won't think twice about a reop x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 7th May 2013, 10:00 pm

Yeah I understand its the risk I have to take, I just need to get my head around it, it's completley out of my control (and I'm a bit of a control freak). It took me a while to decide I wanted it done because I was concerned about the re-op after 10ish years, once I got over that I discovered that a re-op may be necessary a lot earlier than that and I get cold feet all over again. I'm just a born worrier Smike xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 7th May 2013, 10:13 pm

Ah Hun, everyone worries its completely normal too. Having a BA is a big deal in the way of committing to future surgery and the risks comes hand in hand with that. Perhaps if you are still so very concerned then maybe now isn't the best time for you? Have you seen a consultant yet? If not it maybe a good idea to see one so they can explain all the risks etc to you. Good luck with your journey. x
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 7th May 2013, 10:17 pm

I love my left boob and its best thing I've done, I wouldn't go back. Even with the best surgeon in the world u run risk of cc and rupture, it's just a fact x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 7th May 2013, 10:20 pm

RayRayT wrote:Ah Hun, everyone worries its completely normal too. Having a BA is a big deal in the way of committing to future surgery and the risks comes hand in hand with that. Perhaps if you are still so very concerned then maybe now isn't the best time for you? Have you seen a consultant yet? If not it maybe a good idea to see one so they can explain all the risks etc to you. Good luck with your journey. x
Hi, yes I've had 1 consultation and due a second one in 2weeks, don't get me wrong the pro's really out do the cons, I'm just a worrier and think about everything. I'm planning for May next year so I'm just doing my homework now so I'm well prepared. Can see your having yours done in 2 days, hope all goes well, will be looking forward to hearing from you. Bet your so excited! Xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 7th May 2013, 10:37 pm

Thank you, yes I am excited but also a little nervous. It's the unknown...pain, size, complications! But I'm trying to keep happy and positive as all will be fine in the end :)
Your doing the right thing by researching, at least your not going into it thinking one op and that's it for life. I believe by educating yourself if anything did go wrong you will have some background understanding and hopefully won't be blown away by the situation. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th May 2013, 10:55 pm

Preparation is key babe... Research is so important and knowledge is power!

This forum didn't exist when I had my first BA, nothing was out there for me so in my excitement I just booked with no thought to what the risks might be. Sure, the surgeon reeled them off but all I heard was YES I can change how your boobs look and that was it.

I was in a state of panic when I found out I had a complication.... Why me? This isn't supposed to happen! I was told by my surgeon that my implants would last me a lifetime. That's how naive I was!!!

Going into this well informed, knowing you've done all you can to get the best surgeon possible for yourself is all you can do babe... But even the best of surgeons have patients come back with complications and don't let any of them tell you otherwise sweetness.

The point is that if you've done your homework and choose a good surgeon you'll KNOW that IF you do suffer a complication it CAN be fixed and you WILL be looked after. Of course ruptures and CC can happen at anytime whilst we have implants and we should all be prepared for that. This too can be fixed thou but you will need to be prepared financially for after your aftercare runs out for this possibility.

For me having a BA was a no brainier... Its made me feel whole as a woman and after all I've been through and still am going through not once have I ever regretted my decision to have my BA. I have however regretted not researching beforehand though.

So ask yourself babe.... Would you regret not going through with having this surgery after doing all your research more than you'd regret having a possible complication that can be put right?

There will lie your answer hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 8th May 2013, 6:21 am

cookie wrote:Preparation is key babe... Research is so important and knowledge is power!

This forum didn't exist when I had my first BA, nothing was out there for me so in my excitement I just booked with no thought to what the risks might be. Sure, the surgeon reeled them off but all I heard was YES I can change how your boobs look and that was it.

I was in a state of panic when I found out I had a complication.... Why me? This isn't supposed to happen! I was told by my surgeon that my implants would last me a lifetime. That's how naive I was!!!

Going into this well informed, knowing you've done all you can to get the best surgeon possible for yourself is all you can do babe... But even the best of surgeons have patients come back with complications and don't let any of them tell you otherwise sweetness.

The point is that if you've done your homework and choose a good surgeon you'll KNOW that IF you do suffer a complication it CAN be fixed and you WILL be looked after. Of course ruptures and CC can happen at anytime whilst we have implants and we should all be prepared for that. This too can be fixed thou but you will need to be prepared financially for after your aftercare runs out for this possibility.

For me having a BA was a no brainier... Its made me feel whole as a woman and after all I've been through and still am going through not once have I ever regretted my decision to have my BA. I have however regretted not researching beforehand though.

So ask yourself babe.... Would you regret not going through with having this surgery after doing all your research more than you'd regret having a possible complication that can be put right?

There will lie your answer hun. Xx

I think I would definatley regret not having it done and I think the benefits well outweigh the negatives. I don't know what I would do without this forum it's so good and I'd recommend anyone who's planning a BA to come on here first it answers a lot of questions! Thanks xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 8th May 2013, 11:29 am

Hi mrsb24, what the girls have said is so right, i just wanted to add in also that im 21 when i have my BA still, almost 22 so for me, this was a big decision. Im a big worrier and the main issue for me is the money aspect as i will need at least 4/5 further surgerys most likely in my life and that is without complications. This means that like all of the girls on this forum, i will need to be prepared and save money each month.
However, i also thought about the complications, as newboobz said, there are many girls who have had their BA and been totally happy, as this is a support forum, there will be a high number of ladies looking for support! As you said above, the pros outweigh the negatives and as long as you know what the risks are and understand that they may happen to you, if you still know this ba will change your life, go for it! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 8th May 2013, 1:42 pm

It's a risk you take when you choose to get boobs.. you may need a re-op due to a complication a few months after having it done, or your implants may last you years. I only had my implants in 4 years before finding out they were PIP's, so I had the op again to replace them.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down