Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens at the pre op appointment?

5 posters

Go down

What happens at the pre op appointment? Empty What happens at the pre op appointment?

Post by chocolatemonster 28th May 2012, 9:29 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I typed it in the search and couldn't find anything. What actually happens at the pre op appointment?

I am terrified they will find a reason I can't have the op even though I have no health issues apart from episodes of depression etc.

xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

What happens at the pre op appointment? Empty Re: What happens at the pre op appointment?

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 9:37 pm

Your pre-op is basically to go through your medical history sweetheart and to find out if you're taking any medication. They'll need your height and weight too to ensure your BMI is all good. They'll also take some pre-op pictures and may possibly depending on your medical history want to do further tests, for me, I had to have a blood test and also an ECG.

We have just had a lady who has had her surgery cancelled due to depression, but she has contested this and hopefully her surgery will go ahead soon. I wasn't asked about depression at my pre-op, so I don't know if it's something you 'should' admit to regardless shrug . If it were me though and I hadn't needed 'medication' for a long time I think unless asked in the set questions the nurse goes through I wouldn't say anything babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What happens at the pre op appointment? Empty Re: What happens at the pre op appointment?

Post by Pussycat 28th May 2012, 9:56 pm

I "wouldn't" say anything either cookie! However I did mention that I had a past of depression in my pre op and I had to have an assessment by my GP and a letter confirming that he saw me mentally well to go through with it! So I think it's a bit of an issue to be honest. I don't condone being deceitful or telling you to lie or anything but if anything (personally) having my ba has improved on my mental health 100%. Basically if I'd have known then how seriously they take it pre op, I wouldn't have said anything...
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 28th May 2012, 9:58 pm

Thanks hun, and Oh god do they contact your GP though as a few weeks ago I got prescribed anti d tablets but I actually asked for a bit of counselling completely unrelated to anything about my looks or anything related to this surgery. (I didn't ask for them they just seem to like to think they are the answer to everything these days)

Really worried now as I can lie..but they might investigate further? eek xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 28th May 2012, 9:58 pm

P.s I put that I had depression etc a few years ago on my medical history form =/ This is crap..I just know it's going to get cancelled now! xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 10:10 pm

Why not have a chat with your GP now hun and request a letter of confirmation that you're fit for surgery as Pussycat did. shrug

I don't think GPs are informed at all unless it's felt necessary to proceed with your op. I know with my first BA, my GP never had a clue!!! But due to health reasons when I had my re-op, my GP was involved right the way through, I'm currently waiting on getting the all clear now for revision surgery as my GP had to be contacted before they'd press on due to me being on medication for my illness.xx

Last edited by cookie on 28th May 2012, 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 28th May 2012, 10:19 pm

Try not to worry LadyV. I "confessed" to havIng been on anti d's for approx 5 yrs and had been off them 2 yrs before my surgery and it wasnt an issue. They said that was fine and my surgery went ahead. I think we worry about every single thing before our op and I think thats normal Hug
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 28th May 2012, 10:26 pm

shrug I have it in my head now that it's going to get cancelled because of this. I don't think the GP will say I am fit for surgery because 1 month ago I had another episode of depression unrelated to anything like this but I didn't take the tablets and I didn't take up the counselling as I sorted it out myself..oh dear..xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 10:40 pm

I'd just calm down sweetness and see how the pre-op goes. I was never asked about depression, so never had to answer to anything like that. It's really not worth tying yourself up in knots about right now babe, when everything might go just fine Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 28th May 2012, 10:43 pm

Okay I shall try, going to go to sleep now & see what happens tomorrow..have a bad feeling though. Thanks for your help everyone and sorry for being a moaning mertyl lol xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2012, 10:57 pm

Sleep well lovely and you're definately no 'Moaning Mertyl' lol Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 29th May 2012, 12:11 am

You'll be fine lovely. As the other lovelies have covered, they may do your 'obs' (Blood pressure, pulse, temp. height, weight etc) and might take some blood. Take a little medical history from you, and maybe a urine sample/preg test.x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 29th May 2012, 7:51 am

Lady V I'm so sorry for worrying you :( The good thing is is you still have 12 days to see your GP about a letter of authorisation if you need it! And you might not! I'm worried that I've upset you know sweetness :( I'm really sorry.
Why don't you go to your GP anyway and just say something like you've had a really good think (obviously) about how much a BA will change your life and how positive it is. Then if they do contact your GP he can say it's already been discussed and you're fine for it.
You really will be dolly try not to worry! To be honest, you won't be the first as so many people suffer from depression anyway and if that was the case they would probably have to cancel every other operation!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2012, 9:43 am

I'm very much of the opinion that everyone should go into having this surgery forewarned and well armed, so I'm sure LadyV will have aprreciated the advice and will be aware of what will be asked and how she might deal with it should depression come up in her pre-op... so don't worry Pussycat, you did nothing wrong at all Hug

LadyV - Wishing you lots of luck at your pre-op babes Hug Stay positive!!!!! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 29th May 2012, 6:14 pm

Hi ladies,

Noo don't worry Pussycat like cookie said I appreciate your input and find it very very helpful so please do not feel like that.

Well the actual pre op went okay had swabs and weight check blood pressure etc. But, when it came to the depression issue I was completely honest said I'd suffered from it in the past and I have had a recent episode to which I went to the GP (who was horrible) and he tried to just feed me tablets which I requested not to be given, I asked for counselling to talk through the issue instead. Anywho, I ended up not taking the tablets and not going through with the counselling because I spoke to my family and friends about it instead and finally had something to look forward to which would improve my confidence too (BA!)

The nurse explained that I would need a short paragraph written from GP saying that my depression is not due to body dysmorphia and as long as I had that I could have the op.

Problem is, I have moved GP's a few months ago and my depression and counselling was through my old GP however, a few weeks ago I saw that new horrible doctor so I asked him to write a letter but he is refusing to and he said that as far as he is concerned it is up to Transform to decide if I am fit for surgery or not. I have an appointment to discuss this with him Friday but I know he won't sign it :( I thought should I type up a letter myself and ask him to sign it?

I don't know what to do, my op is Sunday 10th June and it's bank holiday soon :'( I know I am going to have to cancel or move the appointment and there is a charge for this even though it isn't my fault.

I declared with Transform from the first ever appt I had with my PC that I had depression and not once have they said I need a letter until now and now it's going to be too late and he isn't going to sign it..panic :(

Sorry to go on I am just stuck what to do

Thank you all for your help and support really appreciate it !! xxx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2012, 6:27 pm

Dont panic sweetie Hug , Its good you have another appointment with your GP and hopefully they wont be as horrible on this visit.

Just tell him that Transforms only care is that you have never suffered body dysmorphia and it's this, due to your history of depression that they need verification of, nothing more.

Explain that your surgery is to go ahead in 12 days, but they have informed you they will not proceed without this letter... If he again goes on about Transform, just stroke his ego a little and say you wish things were different and you've explained your GPs refusal, but without this letter from him, you will not be able to have surgery and that he is your last hope.

fingers crossed fingers crossed all goes well at the docs lovely, like I said earlier - STAY POSITIVE!!! yes XXX
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 29th May 2012, 6:28 pm

Can you contact your old GP and get him to make contact with your new GP regarding your previous depression?x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 29th May 2012, 6:50 pm

What I would do lady V is speak to your old GP and explain and if time is short he or receptionist can fax it straight to transform! That's what I did! It can be resolved in a day hopefully so try and call your doc tomorrow xx
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 30th May 2012, 11:14 am

Hi ladies,

I have emailed the practice manager about this to see if he can help and I have also emailed my counsellor to see if she would be willing to write a statement too. I don't think my old practice will write a statement as they don't have my notes with them anymore? Do you think its worth a try or a lost cause? I bet transform are going to be on my back soon even though i did disclose this at the very start and transform never mentioned this would need a gp signed statement until now. It's a joke. Xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th May 2012, 11:38 am

Awww I'm sure you'll get it settled babe Hug contacting your old GP is definately worth a shot isn't it hun. If your old GP comes through for you that's great, if not, you've lost nothing in trying have you.

If you look in the news section of the forum I posted an article today that has been printed about mental health and BAs, so I do think this explains why surgeons are rushing to cover their backs when depression is mentioned.

From all you've contacted though lovely, I'm sure one of them will come through for you. Remember - STAY POSITIVE! :thumbs: XX
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatemonster 30th May 2012, 5:53 pm

Hi Cookie,

Thank you for your support.(and everyone else too!) Just to update, I spoke to the practice manager on the telephone who said that he has spoken to the GP and he wishes to see me on Friday to discuss this and ask me a few questions to determine whether I have body dysmorphia and then he will take the appropriate action and hopefully write the statement to Transform.

I really hope it gets sorted but I am also going to contact my old practice too just to be on the safe side. I prefer to email things first as then it is writing and wires don't get crossed. I am unsure how to start the email and I think as soon as they see that I have moved practices they will be a bit funny about it?

Could anyone suggest how to start the email..sorry to be a pain!
xx
chocolatemonster
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down